Need a rebuttal

Search This thread

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Congrats he's made a mockery of himself... dumbass.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

darkierawr

Feb 2, 2011
Just wanted to mention; it's actually a 800 MHz processor :p

Oh that is wonderful! Behind the curve after they had a chance to catch up!

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

"It's always the same arguments. Citing 20 different phones, 100 different features, who has what first, etc.... It's the same on both sides of the argument. It all boils down to preference... Both sides will fight tooth and nail to make their points heard. But nobody can deny the fact that no matter what Android OS you're on, or what phone ( HTC, Samsung, Google, Motorola, etc ) they are never compared to each other or previous models, they are all compared to the iPhone. Since that is true, you gotta ask yourself, if Android is so much better regardless of manufacturer, then why? It's not apple or "iSheep" making these comparisons. It's rating companies, magazines, and media making these comparisons. The iDevices do, and always will stand alone. And every new phone will be compared to it. I don't think less of Android users... There is an argument to be made about anything. My personal preference is the iPhone ( being someone who as had and used both OSs and Android on several different platforms ). A lot of argument comes from people, and developers, who have never even owned an iPhone. Maybe just played with one in a store or tooled around on a friends. As iPhone users/developers/jailbreakers, we all agree that Apples restrictions to content is for the most part bull****. So to argue that one is better than the other from a downloadable content standpoint is valid. But I prefer the solid foundation that the iPhone provides. I think the OS is better implemented and that the hardware is superior to any competitor. Since I am able to jailbreak my device, I can install any software I choose, and again in my opinion is better than any content available in the Android Marketplace or on the stock Android OS. The rest is pure marketing. Are there pros and cons? Depends on what you need your device for. The simple fact is, Apples iOS is designed specifically for the iPhone. There are not 50 platforms. Android is open source so any manufacturer can add whatever feature sets they want to the OS. I think that's the biggest downfall, but that's how these companies sell their devices and try to set themselves apart from other manufactures. Android/Google don't care what features they add or what hardware manufactures install the OS on. The manufacturers pay to use the OS. Same with windows phones/computers. There is no quality control other than applications and software extensions have to meet minimum requirements to get licensing. All these manufactures have is themselves to compete with and usually offer up 1 "premium" model thats build to retail markup is ridiculous because for the most part, they use the cheapest commercially available hardware that meets spec sheet, not actual, performance standards. They put it all together in pretty cases with impressive looking feature sets then install a OS that was not designed to work on that particular hardware setup. Then they box it and ship it. That's why the UI is fragmented, but it's got a lot of appealing features that people gotta have. They tend to ignore the performance issues because they got all these bells and whistles on a 4 inch screen. Some features are useful innovations, but they come from developers outside of Google. Google buys software and implements it. Apple is not so open to outside development, but like Android, most of the innovative features were inspired from the developers in the jailbreak community and rewritten by Apple to work with the hardware. The point is, everything Apple is designed and implemented internally and each component is built by vendors to exacting specs. Much more quality control which produces a much more solid device. They have control over everything right down to the batteries and it is all designed with performance and durability in mind, they don't cut corners. The build to retail margins are much different... That's why they are more expensive and carriers are taking a hit selling them at contract prices even tho those prices are 2-4 times greater than Android based phones."

saheguiohae0o8ughuoghzegha0eugh!!!!!!!!

CRUSH. KILL. DESTROY. SWAG.

Again, he misuses fragmentation. And he even mentioned the Galaxy Nexus by name in his first comment. Google of all companies, have specifically tuned ICS to work with the Nexus. It's their flagship phone. The OS was designed for that specific hardware. And because I doubt you know Java from a frappuccino, you must tune almost every aspect of the Android build to work for your device. You don't just whip on a build of Android and pat yourself on the nuts, it takes coding knowledge. Which you have none of. Yes not all Android devices are on Android 4.0. Not all iPhone originals are on iOS 5.1. That's asinine. Manufactures have the option to put GB on over ICS because they think there device will be quicker, more stable. and an all around better experience. Which by your incorrect definition of fragmentation... But I digress, I'm sure I would have already lost this guy at "Manufacturers have the option...".

And WE don't compare horse **** to the iPhone. Phone reviewers do. And they do it because every idiot and their brother ogles over the iPhone. Hahaha in your words "it's a marketing strategy...". Everyone is programmed to revere the iPhone, and by comparing AND CRUSHING it, people can have a better understanding of why it is an overpriced orphan turd.

The fact that he referred to Apple's iron communist fist over hardware and software as a good thing is enough for me to stop reading. I mean damn. That's just awful. If you look at communism from an "on paper" perspective, it makes perfect sense. Equality for all. If everyone had the same as everyone else life would be much better. But that's just downright not how the majority of the world works. And Android is the majority. Which I guess is even better for hipsters, eh? He even had the audacity to try and defend Apples price point. That's bull**** and you know it.

**** this guy and his couch.

djjroc007

Apr 27, 2011
Detroit
Google Pixel 6
Man, I could cut and paste this stuff back and forth all day....priceless! Don't want anyone to have an aneurysm though :) I have to thank you guys for the rants though, cause I have learned a few things today (besides not to argue/debate with an iSheep). Apart from you guys making my phone awesome, and me disliking apple, I really didn't know a whole lot of this stuff to be able to use as a compelling argument with my iSheep friends when they make comments or posts like that. But, the Twain quote does pretty much sum it up. :D

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
Aj2ImAnCEAAKuO2.jpg

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
Android wins, flawless victory, fatality.

LOL but you can't argue with a iFan though. I had one tried to tell me that Android is a complete rip off of iOS because Android stole the notification curtain from iOS, SMDH!

except the iPhone won in that picture

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

nutswillkillme

Dec 30, 2009
I have a coworker who walks around with the sole purpose of talking about his iPhone. I asked him how he felt one day about not having flash. He responded by saying html5 will eliminate the need for flash... I love that argument seeing as though that he's had 2 newer versions of the iPhone since then . iPhone people are like a strange cult.

socos25

Nov 8, 2010
Earth
So his argument is sometime, someday he will have a work around for flash? Even if and when that happens he does realize there are billions of websites that will need to decide to switch from Flash to HTML5? Wow..

I have a coworker who walks around with the sole purpose of talking about his iPhone. I asked him how he felt one day about not having flash. He responded by saying html5 will eliminate the need for flash... I love that argument seeing as though that he's had 2 newer versions of the iPhone since then . iPhone people are like a strange cult.

orlzzt

Apr 23, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
I love when they pull it out to show you that "Siri" crap. They ask it some stupid question to get a ridiculous response, like "will you marry me?" Or "open the pod bay doors" to show her response, and I say "yeah, but do you ever USE it?" And the response is always "no, haven't had a need to yet".

And does it come with a voice turn-by-turn nav? Becz I can't find one on my daughters iPhone. My Epic came out of the box with 2.

I could think of much better uses for my $300, thank you...

virgillette

Mar 27, 2011
Houston
The iPhone reminds me of when my grandparents were stuck on AOL. Switching to "real" internet and email was so difficult for them because there were too many choices. AOL was way better for them because they did not want to think about what site to go to. They just liked clicking whatever AOL thought they should look at. I prefer to choose my roms & my themes, and set my phone up exactly how I want it to operate. Oh, I also don't want to pay a lot more for less functionality.

Reactions: freedomfighter2006

nutswillkillme

Dec 30, 2009
So his argument is sometime, someday he will have a work around for flash? Even if and when that happens he does realize there are billions of websites that will need to decide to switch from Flash to HTML5? Wow..

Lol. Yup. I didn't even feel the need to argue at that point.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Last edited:

kidstechno

Dec 6, 2009
There's no use in arguing with an iDrone.

It's like trying to refute religion with an evangelist. They're so far deep in the rabbit hole, they ain't coming out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ^ THAT! :D

Why did you post this? All it did was piss me off.

1. Samsung made the iPad3s "revolutionary" display. They even project to buy billions in parts from Samsung this year.

2. My friend has an iPhone 4S. And the retina display DOES NOT look better. It's far more washed out and far less saturated. You can not even compare the colors even at stock values.

3. The hardware IS pushing limits. The iPhone 4S' 800MHZ dual-core processor is outdated. And comparing it to the Atrix, which came out March of 2011, it is. Does Joe not know that the One X just came out with a ****ing 1.5GHZ quad-core processor? The screen sizes are much larger, have higher resolutions, deeper colors, curved displays, and lets not forget Gorilla glass. How are they going to release the iPad 3 with a dual-core processor and still charge that price?

4. How is Joe going to talk about the quality of the iPhone? That's absolute babel. Anyone in their right mind would know making a cell phone out of glass and an easily shatterable display makes paying $399.99 for anything not worth while. You drop that four hundred dollar POS? IT'S BROKEN! The back will shatter! The screen will crack! What the hell is innovative about that?! "All manufactures are trying to do is catch up to the quality and hardware" ***** please. Android abandoned that disgusting look and feel loooong ago. We ***** slapped you with no buttons, we ***** slapped you with better hardware, and we utterly raped you with what Android can do compared to primitive operating system. Ubuntu for Android is the perfect example.

5. He misused fragmentation and clearly put invocation where innovation should go. His grammar and punctuation is awful in some spots, and his use of words he doesn't really understand is consistent. And please bro, don't ever jump on us about bashing you for stealing functionality. Apple invented that. Apple invented and maintains backstabbing tactics, and has successfully set back technology years. Please, read this. Because it would take me too much time to explain why Apple is the devil and why Steve Jobs deserves to burn in hell for all eternity.

6. **** jailbreaking! How DARE he compare that to rooting?! How DARE he think that could be anything like it in any way? Android out of the box can install 3rd-party applications. And that seems to be the only thing he could say about that! Android being open-source should be enough to shut him up about that, but because he is clearly so stupid and doesn't know any technological terms outside of the tech blog he must read, he is oblivious the the capabilities of Android. This guy must think Steve Jobs was truly Jesus.

People like this are the blight of the world. The only thing I hate more than Apple are the people using their products. Especially the ones who know nothing about anything technological. Android is the best mobile operating system hands down. Not because it's disgustingly simple and "easy to use", but because it's capable of doing far more than iOS could ever hope to do. Android being open-source allows it to do ANYTHING. Any feature in existence and every feature to be invented can be and will be brought the the Android platform. "From a developers standpoint, there is no comparison in my eyes." Anyone who knows anything about actual development has dumped iOS. Because whether you know it or not, Android has taken over the mobile platform. People have left iOS for cheaper, more durable, more powerful, and all around better platform. So if you want to delude yourself into thinking that iOS and Android are still comparable. go ahead, but you're only kidding yourself.
    "Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
    Just wanted to mention; it's actually a 800 MHz processor :p

Oh that is wonderful! Behind the curve after they had a chance to catch up!

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

"It's always the same arguments. Citing 20 different phones, 100 different features, who has what first, etc.... It's the same on both sides of the argument. It all boils down to preference... Both sides will fight tooth and nail to make their points heard. But nobody can deny the fact that no matter what Android OS you're on, or what phone ( HTC, Samsung, Google, Motorola, etc ) they are never compared to each other or previous models, they are all compared to the iPhone. Since that is true, you gotta ask yourself, if Android is so much better regardless of manufacturer, then why? It's not apple or "iSheep" making these comparisons. It's rating companies, magazines, and media making these comparisons. The iDevices do, and always will stand alone. And every new phone will be compared to it. I don't think less of Android users... There is an argument to be made about anything. My personal preference is the iPhone ( being someone who as had and used both OSs and Android on several different platforms ). A lot of argument comes from people, and developers, who have never even owned an iPhone. Maybe just played with one in a store or tooled around on a friends. As iPhone users/developers/jailbreakers, we all agree that Apples restrictions to content is for the most part bull****. So to argue that one is better than the other from a downloadable content standpoint is valid. But I prefer the solid foundation that the iPhone provides. I think the OS is better implemented and that the hardware is superior to any competitor. Since I am able to jailbreak my device, I can install any software I choose, and again in my opinion is better than any content available in the Android Marketplace or on the stock Android OS. The rest is pure marketing. Are there pros and cons? Depends on what you need your device for. The simple fact is, Apples iOS is designed specifically for the iPhone. There are not 50 platforms. Android is open source so any manufacturer can add whatever feature sets they want to the OS. I think that's the biggest downfall, but that's how these companies sell their devices and try to set themselves apart from other manufactures. Android/Google don't care what features they add or what hardware manufactures install the OS on. The manufacturers pay to use the OS. Same with windows phones/computers. There is no quality control other than applications and software extensions have to meet minimum requirements to get licensing. All these manufactures have is themselves to compete with and usually offer up 1 "premium" model thats build to retail markup is ridiculous because for the most part, they use the cheapest commercially available hardware that meets spec sheet, not actual, performance standards. They put it all together in pretty cases with impressive looking feature sets then install a OS that was not designed to work on that particular hardware setup. Then they box it and ship it. That's why the UI is fragmented, but it's got a lot of appealing features that people gotta have. They tend to ignore the performance issues because they got all these bells and whistles on a 4 inch screen. Some features are useful innovations, but they come from developers outside of Google. Google buys software and implements it. Apple is not so open to outside development, but like Android, most of the innovative features were inspired from the developers in the jailbreak community and rewritten by Apple to work with the hardware. The point is, everything Apple is designed and implemented internally and each component is built by vendors to exacting specs. Much more quality control which produces a much more solid device. They have control over everything right down to the batteries and it is all designed with performance and durability in mind, they don't cut corners. The build to retail margins are much different... That's why they are more expensive and carriers are taking a hit selling them at contract prices even tho those prices are 2-4 times greater than Android based phones."

saheguiohae0o8ughuoghzegha0eugh!!!!!!!!

CRUSH. KILL. DESTROY. SWAG.

Again, he misuses fragmentation. And he even mentioned the Galaxy Nexus by name in his first comment. Google of all companies, have specifically tuned ICS to work with the Nexus. It's their flagship phone. The OS was designed for that specific hardware. And because I doubt you know Java from a frappuccino, you must tune almost every aspect of the Android build to work for your device. You don't just whip on a build of Android and pat yourself on the nuts, it takes coding knowledge. Which you have none of. Yes not all Android devices are on Android 4.0. Not all iPhone originals are on iOS 5.1. That's asinine. Manufactures have the option to put GB on over ICS because they think there device will be quicker, more stable. and an all around better experience. Which by your incorrect definition of fragmentation... But I digress, I'm sure I would have already lost this guy at "Manufacturers have the option...".

And WE don't compare horse **** to the iPhone. Phone reviewers do. And they do it because every idiot and their brother ogles over the iPhone. Hahaha in your words "it's a marketing strategy...". Everyone is programmed to revere the iPhone, and by comparing AND CRUSHING it, people can have a better understanding of why it is an overpriced orphan turd.

The fact that he referred to Apple's iron communist fist over hardware and software as a good thing is enough for me to stop reading. I mean damn. That's just awful. If you look at communism from an "on paper" perspective, it makes perfect sense. Equality for all. If everyone had the same as everyone else life would be much better. But that's just downright not how the majority of the world works. And Android is the majority. Which I guess is even better for hipsters, eh? He even had the audacity to try and defend Apples price point. That's bull**** and you know it.

**** this guy and his couch.
    He's right..Android is not a phone....it's thousands of phones as opposed to the iphone is but 1. As far as quality, I have dropped my phone 4 times on the hard tile of Walmart (stupid memo app for shopping lists) and barely a mark on it. My buddy is on his 5th iphone from each drop it shattered and killed the screen...there is your quality. But Masaidjet is correct, you can't argue with iphone fanatics...they already proved their mental state in their choice of a phone made for children to use.