I'm done with this tablet, about to put on ebay

Search This thread

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
Too many damn reboots!
Even on 4.2.2

Only good thing is the incredible ipad beating resolution.

So whats the next best tablet over this nexus 10?I'm in the market to buy like today!

Reactions: samwheat

omac_ranger

Apr 7, 2010
www.droidnerds.com
Too many damn reboots!
Even on 4.2.2

So whats the next best tablet over this nexus 10?I'm in the market to buy like today!

Cya. I'll let you know how Ubuntu is, and you can sit behind from another 10" tablet and receive all of the future android updates 3 months behind, or a month later and half baked.

hatchna

Oct 5, 2007
Utah
Does there really need to be another post on the front page about someone else returning their N10? Why not just post in the other "I'm done with this tablet and am returning it/selling it" thread?

As for me, still loving my Nexus 10, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Ubuntu works on it.

Reactions: jonstrong

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington

The Xperia Z or Samsung's version of the N10. The former is ultra-thin but only has a 6,000 mAh battery. It runs S4 Pro which is incredibly efficient so it's too early to say whether or not battery size will be an issue. The latter could be a good choice if in the version of the N10 Samsung sells directly they address the display and QC issues the N10's been experiencing. TW/JB on the Note 10.1 has been issue free unlike what people have been experiencing with AOSP 4.2 on the N10. MWC is next week and more info on the release of both tablets should be available.

atg284

Nov 26, 2012
The Xperia Z or Samsung's version of the N10. The former is ultra-thin but only has a 6,000 mAh battery. It runs S4 Pro which is incredibly efficient so it's too early to say whether or not battery size will be an issue. The latter could be a good choice if in the version of the N10 Samsung sells directly they address the display and QC issues the N10's been experiencing. TW/JB on the Note 10.1 has been issue free unlike what people have been experiencing with AOSP 4.2 on the N10. MWC is next week and more info on the release of both tablets should be available.

I'm waiting to see what comes out at MWC. Id rather have a nexus just for the pure android but I have decided NOT to try another N10. I don't think they will fix the problems on this one. Sure some get 'good' ones but that seems rare. If nothing comparable comes out soon I will just wait until the next iteration of the nexus 10. But I will only buy in a retail(google) store. Never again Play Store.

My household does not have an ounce of apple (by choice) so ipad out of the question ;)

Reactions: Konvict808

EasyE75

Jul 20, 2012
Greensboro
Does there really need to be another post on the front page about someone else returning their N10? Why not just post in the other "I'm done with this tablet and am returning it/selling it" thread?

As for me, still loving my Nexus 10, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Ubuntu works on it.

Same here my friend. Never had a single issue with mine. Loving it.

Jotokun

Apr 23, 2011
The Nexus 10 was made for those who like to tinker. And as such, the reboots aren't as big a problem as they would be on other devices since they're easily solved by flashing a custom rom.

If you want something working flawless out of the box and dont see an issue with a walled garden, get an iPad. If you can put up with manufacture skins and a lack of speedy updates, get a Note 10.1. If you want to play russian roulette with your build quality, get a Transformer TF700. If you dont care about vast application support, get a Surface. If none of those sound appealing, give up on tablets.

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
Cya. I'll let you know how Ubuntu is, and you can sit behind from another 10" tablet and receive all of the future android updates 3 months behind, or a month later and half baked.

not sure about all this unbuntu hype. so waht apps and stuff they have for it?

Does there really need to be another post on the front page about someone else returning their N10? thread?

yes

As for me, still loving my Nexus 10, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Ubuntu works on it.[/QUOTE]

thanks for a sensible response!!!

Same here my friend. Never had a single issue with mine. Loving it.

yeah some are happy
but its a full blown known issues that reboots happen to many many many owners
its a problem that google is simply overlooking!!!

Reactions: samwheat

derrick603

Jan 10, 2013
yeah some are happy
but its a full blown known issues that reboots happen to many many many owners
its a problem that google is simply overlooking!!!

Maybe something's wrong with your tablet? I used to get at least one reboot per day on 4.2.1, but haven't had any on 4.2.2 (received it on 2/14), and I haven't seen many many many owners complaining of reboots after the latest update.

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Bought it a month ago to this day.. Still waiting for my first reboot.

Jms122589

Jun 3, 2011
Elk river MN
Used to have reboots all the time on 4.2.1... been pretty solid since 4.2.2... Wi-Fi drops like crazy tho on stock. I feel like when I was on cm10.1 Wi-Fi was generally solid so I'm thinking it's a combo of software and my schools some wat dodgy Wi-Fi... My iPad never experienced Wi-Fi issues that my android devices have here on campus but... That's the only good thing about those :rolleyes:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Techie2012

Feb 1, 2012
Maybe something's wrong with your tablet? I used to get at least one reboot per day on 4.2.1, but haven't had any on 4.2.2 (received it on 2/14), and I haven't seen many many many owners complaining of reboots after the latest update.

I agree. I had many reboots prior to 4.2.2 but after the update I had zero reboots so far. Maybe something wrong with your unit or you got some bad **** installed in it.

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
I agree. I had many reboots prior to 4.2.2 but after the update I had zero reboots so far. Maybe something wrong with your unit or you got some bad **** installed in it.

so everybody was experiencing reboots on 4.2.1,and nobody says its hardware. now 4.2.2 comes out and a few people reboots stop so NOW its a hardware problem? really?

definitely isnt apps, i basically run the same apps on my tablet that i run on my phone. phone has YET to reboot once. If an app is bad and causes a crash (i guess because of its code) it will crash on any device running the same android version right? because its an app problem and not hardware...

for example, list 5 android apps that are KNOWN without a doubt to cause a reboot
please dont say chrome because it only crashes on the nexus 10

in fact, list ONE bad **** app as you say that will cause a reboot across any android device...

P.S. i think that an app causing a device to reboot is still the fault of an OS. i mean why reboot the whole device? why not jus crash the faulty app instead?

Last edited:

derrick603

Jan 10, 2013
Well, I guess I spoke too soon (or jinxed myself) but I got my first post-update reboot this morning. Once per week is still much better than at least one per day, but there's still work to do it seems.

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
so everybody was experiencing reboots on 4.2.1,and nobody says its hardware. now 4.2.2 comes out and a few people reboots stop so NOW its a hardware problem? really?

definitely isnt apps, i basically run the same apps on my tablet that i run on my phone. phone has YET to reboot once. If an app is bad and causes a crash (i guess because of its code) it will crash on any device running the same android version right? because its an app problem and not hardware...

for example, list 5 android apps that are KNOWN without a doubt to cause a reboot
please dont say chrome because it only crashes on the nexus 10

in fact, list ONE bad **** app as you say that will cause a reboot across any android device...

P.S. i think that an app causing a device to reboot is still the fault of an OS. i mean why reboot the whole device? why not jus crash the faulty app instead?

Or, maybe it's the thing that the software communicates with to interact with hardware (drivers)?

Lets say I have a desktop. I run a 3D-intensive app on it. My computer locks up and reboots. The app can be coded to be 100% perfect, and the hardware can be 100% flawless, but if the driver is flawed, then it wouldn't matter how perfect the software and hardware is.

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
Or, maybe it's the thing that the software communicates with to interact with hardware (drivers)?

Lets say I have a desktop. I run a 3D-intensive app on it. My computer locks up and reboots. The app can be coded to be 100% perfect, and the hardware can be 100% flawless, but if the driver is flawed, then it wouldn't matter how perfect the software and hardware is.

well cool but that still eliminates the app as being the culprit of reboots as a lot of people like to suggest

so thats still an OS problem and not hardware. which means useless to send in back because i have a "bad unit"

still waiting on people to tell me apps that will get me a reboot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Too many damn reboots!
    Even on 4.2.2

The Nexus 10 was made for those who like to tinker. And as such, the reboots aren't as big a problem as they would be on other devices since they're easily solved by flashing a custom rom.

If you want something working flawless out of the box and dont see an issue with a walled garden, get an iPad. If you can put up with manufacture skins and a lack of speedy updates, get a Note 10.1. If you want to play russian roulette with your build quality, get a Transformer TF700. If you dont care about vast application support, get a Surface. If none of those sound appealing, give up on tablets.
    Too many damn reboots!
    Even on 4.2.2

Ha ha, no reboots here.....ever on any ROM. You were a baby on the note 717 forums too so I don't expect any less

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    To be fair, its pretty safe to assume he won't like his replacement unit either! :good:
    I tried it all. Pointless now though. Already RMA'd it and new one should arrive monday according to tracking info so we'll see

So you should change the title of the posting since you're not done with it :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app