Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

dk_zero-cool

Nov 6, 2010
Horsens
Xposed Additions - XposedBridge Module that provides additional ROM settings

When I switched device from HTC One X to Samsung GS3, I quickly noticed one extremely annoying thing, the position of the power button. I could not touch the device in any way (Like to put it in the pocket) without the damn display turning on, and when you like me set up the device to never turn off the screen automatically, this is not a good thing.

It did not take long before I pulled down the sources for CM10.1 and added a small feature which allowed me to disable the damn power button whenever the screen was off. The main issue with doing this, is that you need to re-compile the whole ROM on every update and you also need to add the feature to any other ROM you might wish to try out.

Then came XposedBridge and just by creating a small module, I could now add this feature and more to any ROM without altering the ROM source, and without recompiling anything when I want to try another ROM.

But like always, there is always improvements to be made and requests from users. So now this module is a growing Power and Button Re-map controller allowing you to setup your device and it's buttons just the way you would like. The Re-map option support Clicks, Double Clicks and Long Press, you can add whatever button you like that your devices has and you can Re-map it to do almost anything.

Supported ROM's

Source

Downloads

Changelog

Last edited:

hatememarkz

Sep 24, 2012
tallahasseee
Is there any way to include halo))) in this that would be awesome because u can download the app but it needs extra stuff in the rom to work :D:thumbup::beer:

ss beanz T989

dk_zero-cool

Nov 6, 2010
Horsens
Is there any way to include halo))) in this that would be awesome because u can download the app but it needs extra stuff in the rom to work :D:thumbup::beer:

ss beanz T989

That would require a bit more work, something that I at present time does not have. At the moment I have a few projects midway through some minor and major updates, which I need to finish before taking on more. This was just a small module that I made for myself to save time by not having to compile my own CM update versions all the time, and then I thought that others might want it as well. But I will add more when I get the time, but Halo I cannot promise.

flatronics

Nov 29, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hi Sir,

Can you add an option to disable home button when phone is locked. In my case it more easier to get pressed than the power button when my note 2 is in my pocket.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: WiwiPouPou

dk_zero-cool

Nov 6, 2010
Horsens
Hi Sir,

Can you add an option to disable home button when phone is locked. In my case it more easier to get pressed than the power button when my note 2 is in my pocket.

Thanks.

Nothing more annoying than having your device continuing turn on by accidental key presses. This is a friarly simple option, as it only needs a little extension to my already existing power disable feature. I will see about adding it after the weekend :)

Reactions: flatronics

Akoolive

Oct 22, 2010
Great app. I tried using disable power button feature along with touch control, so I can just swipe my device to wake and it did not work. Is there a way I can utilize both?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using unlimited HSPA+/lte

dk_zero-cool

Nov 6, 2010
Horsens
Great app. I tried using disable power button feature along with touch control, so I can just swipe my device to wake and it did not work. Is there a way I can utilize both?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using unlimited HSPA+/lte

Sorry no. The swipe feature is a kernel implementation/hack which translates your swipe into a power button press. Android itself has no swipe feature, so to Android there is no difference between you swiping or pressing the button. The only way to make a feature for both separately, is if the kernel dev implements something that can be identified in the Android framework to help distinguish the two. Without this, there is no way for me to check which action you took to turn on the screen.

Reactions: Akoolive

Ranomez

Jun 1, 2010
HTC One X+
HTC Desire HD
I know this may sound odd, but can you please add an option to open an app after boot, I allready have an app that does that for me, but it is kinda slow, it doesen't open right after boot, it takes a bit, sometimes it even takes 2-3 minutes and sometimes it doesen't even open, so I was thinking that if this was done using an xposed module the app would open right after boot.....I really need to open that app every time my phone starts.

flatronics

Nov 29, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I know this may sound odd, but can you please add an option to open an app after boot, I allready have an app that does that for me, but it is kinda slow, it doesen't open right after boot, it takes a bit, sometimes it even takes 2-3 minutes and sometimes it doesen't even open, so I was thinking that if this was done using an xposed module the app would open right after boot.....I really need to open that app every time my phone starts.

What app are you currently using? I think Tasker can do that... im not sure though. :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xposed Additions - XposedBridge Module that provides additional ROM settings

When I switched device from HTC One X to Samsung GS3, I quickly noticed one extremely annoying thing, the position of the power button. I could not touch the device in any way (Like to put it in the pocket) without the damn display turning on, and when you like me set up the device to never turn off the screen automatically, this is not a good thing.

It did not take long before I pulled down the sources for CM10.1 and added a small feature which allowed me to disable the damn power button whenever the screen was off. The main issue with doing this, is that you need to re-compile the whole ROM on every update and you also need to add the feature to any other ROM you might wish to try out.

Then came XposedBridge and just by creating a small module, I could now add this feature and more to any ROM without altering the ROM source, and without recompiling anything when I want to try another ROM.

But like always, there is always improvements to be made and requests from users. So now this module is a growing Power and Button Re-map controller allowing you to setup your device and it's buttons just the way you would like. The Re-map option support Clicks, Double Clicks and Long Press, you can add whatever button you like that your devices has and you can Re-map it to do almost anything.

Supported ROM's

Source

Downloads

Changelog

This modified module does not see "pro" version. I can not use combo keys like power+volup because of this, such combos are "pro" features.

All pro features are unlockedby making XService.isUnlocked return true. Starting at line 372:
    Code:
     @Override
    	public boolean isUnlocked() {
    		//return mContextSystem.getPackageManager().checkSignatures(Common.PACKAGE_NAME, Common.PACKAGE_NAME_PRO) == PackageManager.SIGNATURE_MATCH;
    		return true;
    	}

Without this hack you'd need to match the signature of the fixed module with the siganture of the pro module. I have no clue about signing, so I'm out :D

//Edit: I made a release with this and the changes above, v3.6.5: https://github.com/sven-cnrd/xposed-additions/releases/download/v3.6.5/xposedAdditions_3.6.5.apk
    I have bought full version years ago. Now on Nougat I'd like to use it as on older devices. Please... No app is better, even those suggested above.

I'm still experimenting with the source code. Unfortunately I have almost no time for this (2 kids), but I need this module myself (alternatives sucks IMHO). So sooner or later I'll get it done, even if I'd need to rewrite the preference storage from scratch.
    Don't expect anything to be published from me soon, if you need this quick do it yourself.
    That's interesting. Where exactly did you add the delay? And what are the side effects?

In file XService.java line 144, just added SystemClock.sleep(60000); before the pokeAppPreferenceService(...).

In the meantime I found a solution that is clean enough for me to keep it that way. All I did was to replace line 144 in XService.java
    Code:
            pokeAppPreferenceService(PokeType.RESTORE_SETTINGS);

with these lines
    Code:
            mContextSystem.registerReceiver(new BroadcastReceiver() {
                @Override
                public void onReceive(Context context, Intent intent) {
                    pokeAppPreferenceService(PokeType.RESTORE_SETTINGS);
                }
            }, new IntentFilter(Intent.ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED));

This will delay the call enough to make it work.

In case anybody wants to test the changes without building the module I can attach the debug build of the module that I am using myself.

Edit: I attached the apk that I created myself. It has version 3.6.4 to distinguish it from the latest official release but beside the fix above it has no changes.
    An RC version has been uploaded to the first post.

• The wake issue on some Samsung ROM's (where the screen turns on during all key presses) should be fixed.
    • The kill application action has been rebuild (custom and no longer based on the CM version). It should now kill the foreground (and only the foreground) application at all times.
    • The issue of configurations still not being saved on all ROM's during reboot should also be fixed.
    • The part controlling key events have been changed a bit in hopes of fixing the screen on delay on some ROM's (Feedback please).
    • The issue with some of the HTC devices and their capacitive buttons might be fixed. If not, please install the debug version a few pages back and provide some logs.
    • Added a new application list builder with scrolling cache and loading feature. This should take care of the FC issues on some devices with 500/700+ apps installed. This I would really like some feedback on. I have about 100 apps installed on my device, so not the best one to test this new feature on.
    And I have also added a Last Application Toggle action (Just so that this is not only about bug fixes). It will toggle between the current application and the last. It's like Alt+Tab, except that it only toggles between the two most recent once (Launcher not included).