[APP] SmartSMSVibrate

Search This thread

Carsten4207

Jun 18, 2010
SmartSMSVibrate is an application for Android Phones 2.0+ .

With this application when you receive a Text Message (SMS), SmartSMSVibrate will check if you have your phone in your pocket/holster. If your phone is in a closed environment (in your pocket/holster), then the phone will vibrate. If your phone is in a open environment (on the table), then the phone wont vibrate.

This is done using the proximity sensor.

Try it out, its free on the Market - "SmartSMSVibrate"

More info can be found on my website:

http://carstendressler.com/smartsmsvibrate/

Captainkrtek

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 16, 2010
Seattle
The link doesnt work "Password Protected" Also im writing an article for the XDA Portal about this app, looks cool!

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
Anyway to make it work on Android 1.5? My friend is stuck with 1.5 on the Cliq XT until Motorola gets their act together.

Carsten4207

Jun 18, 2010
I removed the Password Protected stuff already. Can you check if its gone now?

It should work in 1.5x. I will need to test first.

There was a bug reported, when installing from the Market, the default settings arent getting applied correctly. This causes the app to vibrate all the time. The temp fix is to disable all the settings in the options. Then re-applying them fixes it. I will patch it this evening when I get home (10.7.2010).

Last edited:

Carsten4207

Jun 18, 2010
I just pushed the fix. Version 1.1

For those who have 1.0 installed. There are two ways to fix it. Either uninstall and reinstall the app. Or check all the options, then uncheck them all again. Then apply the settings of your choice.

Please let me know if anything else comes up.

This is my first Android app :)

Carsten4207

Jun 18, 2010
nice idea..
I've installed it from the market on my HD2 with Android (mattc Leo + Froyo w/Sense 1.8), does not work. :(

There is an app on the market called SensorViewer. Install it and get me the readings of the Proximity values when you cover your phone and when you dont have it covered.

Once you can give me that info I can add support for your model.

Thanks
Carsten

Laban

Aug 25, 2007
Nice idea!
Will give it a try as soon as it's considered to be stable.

Will this drain the battery? Is it polling and checking with the proximity sensor constantly?

th3taman

Jan 20, 2008
Indy
Doesn't seem to work with EVO with newest version. Still vibrates while on the desk.

Like the app concept though, hope it works correctly in future versions.