Universal Broadcomm Stack (Test)

Search This thread

helmi_c

Apr 28, 2005
Universal Broadcomm Stack (Test)

This is an earlier stage of porting Broadcomm Stack to universal device so something might not work, or not work very good...hopes that I didn't forgot something... and dont expect everything to be perfect... its still on test stage...

Tested Operation (On My AKU3.5/Crossbow):
- Headset/Handsfree (Tested With Nokia BH700)
- A2DP (Tested With My PC)
- File Transfer (Tested With Nokia phones, Desktop PC, PocketPC, HP Ipaq)
- Networking / LAN Access with my pc
- Bluetooth ActiveSync
- Bluetooth Serial Port
- Business Card Exchange (Object Push)
- Connect to internet via other Mobile Phone (BT DUN With Nokia 6165i CDMA Phone)

Untested operation:
- Bluetooth SAP Profile (Broadcom Version)
- Bluetooth PAN Profile

The instalation is quite complicated a bit, I've already talk with vijay about this,
hopes that he'll come out with app that will switch between the two stack only with soft-reset (app that will read *.ini input is enough, or read *.reg is more cool), cos My v1.1 crossbow is hv this stack built in (Dual bluetooth stack capability), u just need to activate it, so user might switch between the two stack easily with softreset only.

Instalation:
1. Install SIGN_UNIBR176.0500.CAB
2. Restart.

Uninstall:
1. Install ActivateMSBT.CAB FIRST.
2. Restart
3. Uninstal/remove Broadcomm Stack.

I need everyone to be involved with this one... any input is more then welcome... lets work together guys and make this stack better...

Get the file here:
ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.com/Universal/Cooked_ROMs/helmi_c/UNIBR176.0500.zip
Unsigned
ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.com/Universal/Cooked_ROMs/helmi_c/UNSIGN_UNI1.7.6.0500.zip

UnRoute.exe are taken from superdave. Some parts of the stack is taken from Fujitsu Siemens T830, some from ASUS P525.

I still need couple of files, Anyone have T830 rom dump??

I've some work with apache device, from its configuration, it should work also with apache... I dont know, I dont hv the device..

regard,
Helmi

Last edited:

Viper®

Jan 28, 2006
Lol SWEET

Read your pm just a second ago

Looks like i'm the first to dive in.

It's friday here so I'll prolly install it right away and test it over the weekend.

dips on the work dude

Bugs74

Feb 21, 2005
Utrecht
I tried to install it several times, but everytime I get the message 'Installation of SIGN_UNIBR176.0500.CAB was unsuccesful.'
I'd love to give it a try...

clemsyn

Sep 19, 2006
I am unable to install the SIGN_uNI cab file, I tried installing to device and storage. I'm using Helmi 3.5 rom 1.3.1.

Viper®

Jan 28, 2006
Looks like I'm not the only one

I'm using the WM6 crossbow rom

I've tried:

Close app
disable BT
install (no success)

soft reset
flight modus on (no success)

:(

Bushrod

May 25, 2006
Unsigned version installs fine on my Aku 3.3 Apache. BT starts and the blue light blinks. Unfortunately, my stereo headset is in my car so I can't test it. I'm really confident it will work fine.

helmi_c

Apr 28, 2005
Unsigned version installs fine on my Aku 3.3 Apache. BT starts and the blue light blinks. Unfortunately, my stereo headset is in my car so I can't test it. I'm really confident it will work fine.

If it also work on my AKU3.3 for Apache then maybe I'll built in ROM in my next Apache Custom rom, thats will be cool, with ability to switch between stack, but I just can't find time to create the switching app...:)

Last edited:

Bushrod

May 25, 2006
I know I speak for everyone with an Apache when I say that we are eagerly awaiting your next custom rom!

Bugs74

Feb 21, 2005
Utrecht
Hmmm... I get an "BT Radio failed to turn on due to Insufficient driver memory available..." error on a Vanilla AKU3.5 rom (helmi's own vanilla rom). I've got nothing else installed, it's clean...
Strange, does anyone know what to do?
TIA!

Last edited:

marianna

Dec 10, 2005
hi
please can somebody post the link where can i get the ActivateMSBT.CAB
thanks so lot
regards
nusy

s7e9h3n

Aug 24, 2006
Do we install your Bluetooth stack AS WELL AS uninstall the current MS Stack? Or is it OK to leave the MS one installed? Thanks

jnixson3

Oct 20, 2006
helmi_c

I have a ppc 6700 running your AKU 3.3. Installed the unsigned BT stack, reset. Program icons all loaded. Tried to start BT, Blue LED flashed once then I got the BTTrayCE error message "BT Radio failed to turn on due to Insufficient driver memory available..." I reset again, same thing happens again...

Top Liked Posts