Is our HOX end of the line?

Search This thread

RobDC

Jan 25, 2009
Huawei P Smart+ 2019
Every great Rom I use becomes 'discontinued' :( :thumbdown:
I understand our HOX doesn't stay young and fresh forever, but it still beats lots of available new phones.
I am not a dev, I can't make a Rom myself, so I really hope our HOX will by subject of romdeveloping for a while :sly:

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

HTC Venom

Sep 16, 2012
amman
Every great Rom I use becomes 'discontinued' :(:thumbdown:
I understand our HOX doesn't stay young and fresh forever, but it still beats lots of available new phones.
I am not a dev, I can't make a Rom myself, so I really hope our HOX will by subject of romdeveloping for a while :sly:

I have worked with a lot of devices on xda ,and to be honest HOX has the least attention

I own a newly bought HTC Sensation XE and it has the twice the support that HOX has though its a years older than One X

beside the HTC One X hasnt been lucky with Tegra Chip inside since this chip isnt popular at all and it doesnt has any kind of support

,,lol

another point Samsung Galaxy S2 even has more support than both of these devices together

SO when it comes to your question ? I think our device here is dying fast when it comes to support

next time I'm going to by only Nexus devices though when it comes to build quality HTC is far superior than any other device

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
I have worked with a lot of devices on xda ,and to be honest HOX has the least attention

I own a newly bought HTC Sensation XE and it has the twice the support that HOX has though its a years older than One X

beside the HTC One X hasnt been lucky with Tegra Chip inside since this chip isnt popular at all and it doesnt has any kind of support

,,lol

another point Samsung Galaxy S2 even has more support than both of these devices together

SO when it comes to your question ? I think our device here is dying fast when it comes to support

next time I'm going to by only Nexus devices though when it comes to build quality HTC is far superior than any other device
or just buying an htc without tegra inside :D or another phone without tegra...but i will also think about to buy nexus...

HTC Venom

Sep 16, 2012
amman
or just buying an htc without tegra inside :D or another phone without tegra...but i will also think about to buy nexus...

Have you checked the XDA page for any NEXUS device? even nexus 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nexus 1 is more popular than this mighty HOX . and yes NEXUS 1 has a KITKAT ROM running on it

HOX is a really powerful phone when t comes to specs and numbers but thats ok if I were a normal user , but sadly XDA has changed the way I look into phones ,

because of XDA I will only buy a device with a lot support and t seems that NEXUS devices always lucky to have

teejayd

Feb 12, 2011
I still have 2 months and then I can get a new device. Thinking on a nexus 5. Problem with my hox right now is the famous wifi bug. Development for our hox is minimal on this moment and a lot of users go on to the HTC One.

ExoticMe

Aug 14, 2012
Riyadh
Have you checked the XDA page for any NEXUS device? even nexus 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nexus 1 is more popular than this mighty HOX . and yes NEXUS 1 has a KITKAT ROM running on it

HOX is a really powerful phone when t comes to specs and numbers but thats ok if I were a normal user , but sadly XDA has changed the way I look into phones ,

because of XDA I will only buy a device with a lot support and t seems that NEXUS devices always lucky to have

Take a look at the legendary HD2 it's support beats the one x in every way that's due to the chip and s-off... And yes nexus devices support is way better duo to its price what broke the one x is the ****ty Tegra chip nvidia is known at writing bad drivers for Linux kernels so i wouldn't be surprised... When i bought the one x i knew that the support won't be amazing but i thought we will have s-off because that didn't happen the support is very bad so mhhh.. Let's see if the next htc gets the 805 snapdragon chip this would be really interesting if not the N5 will always be there ;)

Sent from my EndeavorU using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: teejayd

HTC Venom

Sep 16, 2012
amman
Take a look at the legendary HD2 it's support beats the one x in every way that's due to the chip and s-off... And yes nexus devices support is way better duo to its price what broke the one x is the ****ty Tegra chip nvidia is known at writing bad drivers for Linux kernels so i wouldn't be surprised... When i bought the one x i knew that the support won't be amazing but i thought we will have s-off because that didn't happen the support is very bad so mhhh.. Let's see if the next htc gets the 805 snapdragon chip this would be really interesting if not the N5 will always be there ;)

Then why not asking Google to ask HTC to make their next nexus phone ? That would be a sure win

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

ExoticMe

Aug 14, 2012
Riyadh
Then why not asking Google to ask HTC to make their next nexus phone ? That would be a sure win

It all goes to Google and my guess is Google demands it in a cheap price and HTC does allow it that's my guess or Google wants to give everyone a chance

HTC Venom

Sep 16, 2012
amman
It all goes to Google and my guess is Google demands it in a cheap price and HTC does allow it that's my guess or Google wants to give everyone a chance

This is the general idea here . HTC needs now Google's help to be saved

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Only on hox you can fry eggs literally

You're right, using the hox for navigation in summer it gets hotter than hot and stops charging with beautiful flashlights

This overheating problem is mostly due to Tegra chip design not HTC and we can see that only HOX and HOX+ that has Tegra chips and after that point HTC has stopped dealing with Nvidia for uplifting an further chips

idbali

Nov 15, 2008
Tegra...

The only thing I don't understand why is so hard to port a ROM from the original Nexus 7
it has almost the same Tegra 3 CPU in it and it has all the drivers supplied for the latest Android 4.4 version...?

sthbr82

May 8, 2011
Milpitas
Even HTC Desire has better support than HOX at the moment.
Lesson learnt, only buy Qualcomm chipset based phones :)
And by the way, kitkat kernel source for HTC one is already released. And we are still waiting for 4.2.2 kernel source.

fuad541

Jul 4, 2012
Yeah i am so disappointed of my hox like way to much i leteraly hate it in every aspect but since i had htc sensation and it got stolen i thought that the new one x would be way much better and i got fuked up and this sh ity phone made me learn all about root and s off and roms otherwise i would never thought of changin sense .. :/ :thumbdown: @HTC

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Every great Rom I use becomes 'discontinued' :(:thumbdown:

,,lol

Every great Rom I use becomes 'discontinued' :( :thumbdown:

I always loved MIUI so I preordered the MI3 like 2 months ago when I broke the volume buttons (and vibration motor) while tryng to replace my (dead) battery. Back when I had my Legend it took HTC over half a year to provide the sources, (If I recall correctly) so in 4 years they haven't really improved much :( I got the hox because it was the first quad-core '''next-gen'' phone availible and a lot of great devs announced that they would get one. By keeping the hox this closed, HTC basically scared the devs away.

Now here comes the funny part: Where I live (Netherlands) the gross of the people either have an iPhone or a Samsung. The people I usually see with a HTC device are the ones who had done some 'research' and wanted to customize their devices just that little more. (not even talking about roms right now)

I really think HTC should do some serious work to support the devs and tweakers as they are the ones that see beyond the iPhones and Samsungs (no offense) and actually, friends and relatives often consult those people on which phone to get.

Also HTC always seems to forget about their prevous phone when a new flagship comes out. Most people are on 2 year contracts!
    for example if HTC (like the hox) stops support after like 1.4 years. It would take probaly a month or 3-4 before people start noticing and complaining about that. This leaves a bad inpression for when people can get a new phone 3 months later and they won't just blindly buy another HTC device. This is especially true for people that got their hox 1Y+ after the launch. (I'ts still beiing sold here....)
    wrong place, but no i think it's not at the end...because there are a few working on roms like thormy on cm to support it officially and and and ,,,if we get the kernel source finally we maybe can get in a short time 4.4....so we just have to wait :D
    Only on hox you can fry eggs literally