[ROOT] Slow-Motion Video Recording

Search This thread

GTARaja

Nov 20, 2013
Bangalore, KA
Since our device E7 has got the capability of recording 4k n slow motion video...i tried all the apps present in the app store...since our device has the option for hfr in camera apk but it is not implemented...so after lot of findings looks like i got it working..Cant say it works 100% or not. But try

ROOT Required

First Download two apps (Only one required..ill suggest focal app)

1) Moto X Camera App Here

2) Focal Camera App which is an open source camera app Here

Download the media_profiles.xml file from the attachment

push media_profiles.xml to /system/etc/ using adb or root explorer and set permissions if necessary rw-r--r--

Also please check if without replacing the media_profiles.xml you are able to record slo motion with the app or not..cuz without replacing i was having a video which was too laggy...Report me if u find something
:laugh:

Sample Video :http://youtu.be/9r6nzvRroZA

Attachments

• media_profiles.rar
    2.6 KB · Views: 4,076
Last edited:

avi21

May 4, 2014
Not able to install

Since our device E7 has got the capability of recording 4k n slow motion video...i tried all the apps present in the app store...since our device has the option for hfr in camera apk but it is not implemented...so after lot of findings looks like i got it working..Cant say it works 100% or not. But try

ROOT Required

First Download two apps

push media_profiles.xml to /system/etc/ using adb or root explorer and set permissions if necessary rw-r--r--

Also please check if without replacing the media_profiles.xml you are able to record slo motion with the app or not..cuz without replacing i was having a video which was too laggy...Report me if u find something

bro not able to install moto x camera giving error that "theRE was a problem parsing the package"

DeceptiPrime

Feb 25, 2012
Delhi
how do start recording it always show error while recording

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

im getting frameskip

dhirajranger

May 28, 2013
Indore
try 120fps or 60fps...will definately change the quality...btw in dark video quality will be degraded...common issue with slow motion videos

Hey raja since you have been working a lot on camera i am asking you this
lately i have noticed that shutter speed is slow in our camera, as images gets exposed too much in bright daylight
is there a solution ?

GTARaja

Nov 20, 2013
Bangalore, KA
Hey raja since you have been working a lot on camera i am asking you this
lately i have noticed that shutter speed is slow in our camera, as images gets exposed too much in bright daylight
is there a solution ?

yes ive found out that too..and other issues are present as well...the picture preview what we see on screen while capturing is sharper than the captured pic..i mean it loses sharpness...sorry but due to sources limitation and my limited knowledge im unable to do so rt now..btw if u have some suggestion ur welcome

nileSin

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai

ROOT Required

Hey @ GTARaja .. After making the changes to media_profiles.xml file, the camera app provided by gionee will work normally???

wreza97

Jun 30, 2014
My camera app is force closing after rebooting the phone. I've triend overwriting the xml file again and changed the permission, but still it's not working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ROOT Required

how do start recording it always show error while recording

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

im getting frameskip

did u tried replacing the media_profiles.xml frameskip can be solved that way..cuz bitrate is quite low...so i changed that in media_profiles
    did u tried replacing the media_profiles.xml frameskip can be solved that way..cuz bitrate is quite low...so i changed that in media_profiles

Yes i overwrite it with esFile explorer and gave it rw--r--r
    Hey @ GTARaja .. After making the changes to media_profiles.xml file, the camera app provided by gionee will work normally???

yes bro its working correctly no problems ..