[Q] Failure rooting galaxy s5 SM-G900F

Search This thread

graemek

Dec 20, 2006
Hi

Hoping someone can help me I have followed the guide to root my s5 device exactly several times and it fails everytime. USB Debugging is enabled, USB Drivers are installed and Kies isnt installed on my pc, this is guide i followed:

Step 1: Download CF-Auto-Root package and Odin v3.09. Then, extract the files to the computer.

Step 2: Boot the Galaxy S5 in Download mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together. When a warning screen is displayed, press the Volume Up button to enter Download mode.

Step 3: Now, run Odin3 v3.09.exe as an Administrator and then connect the Galaxy S5 to the PC via USB cable. If connected successfully, a message showing “Added!!” will appear in Odin’s message box, if not, try another USB port. If the issue persists, try reinstalling the USB driver.

Step 4: Click on the AP button, and select the CF-Auto-Root file (a .tar.md5 file), which was extracted in Step 1.

Step 5: In Odin, make sure that the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked while “repartition” is unchecked.

Step 6: Click on the Start button in Odin to begin the flashing process.

Step 7: After the process is complete, the Galaxy S5 will restart and a PASS message with green background will appear in the left-most box at the top of Odin.

I have tried this 5 times and it isnt working fails every time any ideas why this isnt working. I am not an expert at this so if I missed anything please let me know any help would be great

Here is log from odin:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Thanks

Last edited:

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
No, stick with Odin 3.09.

Odin is tempermental, sensitive to timing and USB configurations. Try a different USB cable and USB port. And ensure that you have temporarily turned off any firewall, antivirus or malware scanning programs. If the problem persists, try reverting to a full stock firmware to eliminate a lot of variables and have a stable OS before proceeding to root your phone.

At face value, the Odin error message implies that your recovery partition is corrupt. That could mean that you are trying to reroot a phone that has already been rooted, that your root was incomplete or that you had a bad Odin write, that Knox is interfering or any number of other causes. You could reduce the variables even more by writing the proper PIT file to your phone concurrently with a flash to stock firmware. Do try a different USB cable and USB port.

And critically, ensure that you are entering download mode by removing the phone battery, replacing it, then using the volume down + home + power sequence. If the first write attempt fails, do not close the Odin screen. Instead pull the battery again, then enter download mode again and then click write for the second attempt. Ensure that you don't close the Odin screen between the two write attempts.

Reactions: graemek

graemek

Dec 20, 2006
Got this resolved turned out reactivation lock was enabled in security settings turned this off and root was successful after this, thanks for the help tho

tiagooliveira95

Dec 25, 2014
galaxy s5 root

Hi

I installed android 5.0 lollipop on my galaxy s5 ( SM-G900F ) since there i am trying to root my phone in order to delete all pre loaded apps that i don't use

But every time i try i fail,

Code:
<ID:0/008> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/008> Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
<ID:0/008> File analysis..
<ID:0/008> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/008> Initialzation..
<ID:0/008> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/008> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/008> recovery.img
<ID:0/008> NAND Write Start!! 
<ID:0/008> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I already reed the last few posts but i still don't understand how to root my phone :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No, stick with Odin 3.09.

Odin is tempermental, sensitive to timing and USB configurations. Try a different USB cable and USB port. And ensure that you have temporarily turned off any firewall, antivirus or malware scanning programs. If the problem persists, try reverting to a full stock firmware to eliminate a lot of variables and have a stable OS before proceeding to root your phone.

At face value, the Odin error message implies that your recovery partition is corrupt. That could mean that you are trying to reroot a phone that has already been rooted, that your root was incomplete or that you had a bad Odin write, that Knox is interfering or any number of other causes. You could reduce the variables even more by writing the proper PIT file to your phone concurrently with a flash to stock firmware. Do try a different USB cable and USB port.

And critically, ensure that you are entering download mode by removing the phone battery, replacing it, then using the volume down + home + power sequence. If the first write attempt fails, do not close the Odin screen. Instead pull the battery again, then enter download mode again and then click write for the second attempt. Ensure that you don't close the Odin screen between the two write attempts.