[Q] Google Music Save to SD card feature on 4.1.2 on the SP?

Search This thread

AlwaysOnTime

Mar 20, 2014
Hey guys - I'm thinking about getting this phone as it fits my needs and price range really well, and I love the design and the fact that it's basically a baby Z1 (which is a bit too pricey for me). My #1 requirement is being SD card expansion, as I listen to a lot of music on my phone. However I have been thinking about switching to the Google Music service because lately I haven't had the time to update my library constantly and it would be much easier to use something that does it for you.

I know Google Music added a save to SD feature recently (I want to be able to save my music to listen to it offline, and yes I'm aware you can't actually transfer it out of the phone but that's not the issue) but Google claims it's only for 4.4 devices. I was reading some comments on a blog and people were saying they had it working on various 4.1.2 and 4.2 devices as well, sometimes after clearing the cache (or something like that). I was wondering if somebody here could test this for me before I get the phone - I don't want to update to 4.3 because I hear the performance is very unoptimized on the SP and I'm not particularly crazy about using the latest Android, I'd rather everything run nice and smooth.

Thank you!
-AlwaysOnTime

PS: Completely unrelated but maybe someone could answer for me: Where is the options button on the SP/other Xperia phones? All I see is Back, Phone, and the switch windows button. How do you reach settings menus on this UI?

Last edited: