(HELP) TMO HTC One- keep wiping and still end up in bootloop

Search This thread

westonnate

Sep 18, 2013
I got a new HTC One m8 from Tmobile a few weeks ago and instantly went to root and find out about S on and how I can get rid of it. I followed a rooting tutorial on unlockr diligently and unlocked bootloader and installed TWRP and SuperSU. I moved on to S-off the device and got to the last step of the tutorial where it starts to "chug" bottles(Firewater). After the first bottle, it tells me I'm out of luck and that my phone is patched. This confused me. Does this mean that my phone is forever stuck S-on? or does it mean that the developers of firewater haven't developed an S-off method for the newest version of HTC's software and that I simply have to wait.
This is just my first problem, even though I can't flash custom ROMs I was fine because I was willing to give the stock ROM a chance and just tweak it with root privileges, but no, the next time I had to restart for some various reason it starts bootlooping every few minutes. I swear I didn't do anything wrong when rooting. Is it just too new and the newest HTC software makes the rooting process obsolete making it impossible to root?
So I end up wiping the phone not being able to save all the pictures I took on my trip in the mountains. My phone is still rooted but the phone is wiped. I go about thinking the solution is fixed and when I decide to nandroid backup, I go into recovery, do a simple backup and when I restart it goes straight back to the infuriating bootloop. A simple nandroid backup shouldn't make it go into a bootloop.
So I decide to relock the bootloader, install the stock recovery and software again and start over. Maybe I really did mess up rooting. I go through the process again and low and behold my phone goes into a bootloop again.

I'm so sick and tired of this phone and I'm not sure why it always seems to happen to me. I follow the tutorials closely and it always ends up ****ting on me.

It recently went into a bootloop after a good 3 day run where I managed to keep the phone on the entire time. Had to restart because the wifi antenna wasn't working and another bootloop ensued. I decided to make this thread to see if any other new users are experiencing similar difficulties and seeing if anyone knows a cause or maybe a solution. Right now in the process of unrooting and going back to stock.

It would be a shame if there really is no way for me to unlock the full potential of my new phone. Almost wishing I had bought a nexus.

Thank you for anyone who was willing to read that and to anyone who takes the time to write a response. Thanks!

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013
I got a new HTC One m8 from Tmobile a few weeks ago and instantly went to root and find out about S on and how I can get rid of it. I followed a rooting tutorial on unlockr diligently and unlocked bootloader and installed TWRP and SuperSU. I moved on to S-off the device and got to the last step of the tutorial where it starts to "chug" bottles(Firewater). After the first bottle, it tells me I'm out of luck and that my phone is patched. This confused me. Does this mean that my phone is forever stuck S-on? or does it mean that the developers of firewater haven't developed an S-off method for the newest version of HTC's software and that I simply have to wait.
This is just my first problem, even though I can't flash custom ROMs I was fine because I was willing to give the stock ROM a chance and just tweak it with root privileges, but no, the next time I had to restart for some various reason it starts bootlooping every few minutes. I swear I didn't do anything wrong when rooting. Is it just too new and the newest HTC software makes the rooting process obsolete making it impossible to root?
So I end up wiping the phone not being able to save all the pictures I took on my trip in the mountains. My phone is still rooted but the phone is wiped. I go about thinking the solution is fixed and when I decide to nandroid backup, I go into recovery, do a simple backup and when I restart it goes straight back to the infuriating bootloop. A simple nandroid backup shouldn't make it go into a bootloop.
So I decide to relock the bootloader, install the stock recovery and software again and start over. Maybe I really did mess up rooting. I go through the process again and low and behold my phone goes into a bootloop again.

I'm so sick and tired of this phone and I'm not sure why it always seems to happen to me. I follow the tutorials closely and it always ends up ****ting on me.

It recently went into a bootloop after a good 3 day run where I managed to keep the phone on the entire time. Had to restart because the wifi antenna wasn't working and another bootloop ensued. I decided to make this thread to see if any other new users are experiencing similar difficulties and seeing if anyone knows a cause or maybe a solution. Right now in the process of unrooting and going back to stock.

It would be a shame if there really is no way for me to unlock the full potential of my new phone. Almost wishing I had bought a nexus.

Thank you for anyone who was willing to read that and to anyone who takes the time to write a response. Thanks!

If you wanna fix it quick then just do an RUU (t-mobile one) and after you've done that use Sunshine to root, unlock and S-OFF your phone. All though Sunshine costs $25 it is a sure fire to work.

You can find a tutorial for the RUU in the t-mobile forum I believe, not sure as im replying to this before I go to bed but it should have one. If by some chance "TMO" doesn't mean T-Mobile then my bad. Anyways if you get confused take your time and do your research or wait for someone else or me to assist you further.

Also if you used Xposed then that could be the problem, I've had it randomly bootloop me after days of use, just google the Xposed deactivate script zip or Uninstaller script and flash it to remove it. If you don't have it then don't do this part.

Lastly I doubt you'll regret buying an M8 after you get it setup properly, it's a great phone but of course that's just mine and a lot of people's opinion. Anyways good luck and hope one of my solutions fix it! If not then don't be afraid to ask more questions or request further assistance whether from me or someone else.

grim489

Jan 4, 2011
You can flash custom roms without s-off, and have you tried wiping cache and fixing permissions? Idk if that'd solve it or not but worth a try.