[Free Game] Constant C - new puzzle action game

Search This thread

huw12313212

Oct 2, 2011
Hello!! I'm a student and a self claim indie game developer in Taiwan!!

me and my friends made a game called "Constant C".. it's on Android Market now.. for free!!

It's Powered by AndEngine ! and we put a lot of effort in it....

so Please!! take a look! if you like it.. help us spread the words about this game.. we will be really grateful:D
------------------------------------------------------------
Genre: 2D Platform, Puzzle, Action !

System Require: Multi-Touch Screen, IQ Above Average

Tag: Time, Gravity, Awesomeness !

In a distant future, a dark force gained control of the universe. Everything stopped moving – the time is frozen and gravity is gone. The only hope of recovering the universe relies on “Constant C,” a robot gifted with a small circle of power, allowing Constant C to move and to revive the time and gravity within the circle. When Constant C approaches an object, the object becomes “alive” and when Constant C leaves, the object becomes frozen again. By making good use of Constant C’s power, your mission is to remove obstacles ahead and find a way for Constant C to reach the control center of the dark force.

There are 29 levels. To solve the puzzles, you need to be intelligent and creative. Each puzzle gives you a new experience, and along the way, your will learn important skills that can help you solve the puzzles. The unique feature of Constant C will give you a mind blowing experience. So, be quick! The universe is waiting for you.

Developer:Brain Damage Studio

Powered by AndEngine

Youtube Trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwZF5C8H8Co

Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.light.roller

Last edited:

lightonelove

Oct 3, 2011
It's amazying.

I made it to halfway through world 2- here are my thoughts.

This game is beautiful- it looks great, and the way it works is absolutely fantastic. I can honestly say it is one of the best games I've yet to play on Android- maybe the best.

That being said, it is way too big. 5MB should be the max before installation to SD should be implemented- this game is over 20. Either work on reusing more textures, or have it install to SD.

I was playing with the device laying down, and the gravity button was flipping out- switching every update cycle and just going crazy. You may want to have it display an X if the values aren't high enough to justify a gravity switch (I love the way this mechanic works, by the way!)

Fix these issues, and most standard prices you would ask for would be too low for this game- I would gladly pay for more worlds. (Though, if more worlds were added, you may want to work on the difficulty curve- if you want my thoughts on that, let me know). Again, great job!

Last edited:
Reactions: sakestu

huw12313212

Oct 2, 2011
Thanks :D that's huge compliment you give us there.. we are really appreciate.
We will work on the to SD feature.. since a lot of people had demanded it! I'll update it ASAP.

there are some reason makes us can't reuse texture though

first .. our artist is new in drawing texture for games... he just draw whatever he feels right and not considering about texture size and reusability. (we will do it better next time)

second.. in some device.. too many sprites makes game really laggy.. so we tend to use huge jpg file for background

i don't know anything about marketing on android app.... because we are totally noobies in this... Actually this game is not only our first game on android.. it's our first android app if you don't count "Hello World" as a app XD
After we think we learn enough to build this game. we go straight into it. It take us 5 months to build because we need to learn new stuff along the way

I use XNA mostly, and my brother use c++ and some graphic engine from his lab, neither did we use andengine before. and we love it!

We are thinking putting ads in it....and yet it's something we never tried XD, so I might need to check documents. After that we will release a clean ads free version for 0.99$ i think..for us.. most important thing is people can play our game. and feel it's not waste of time. those few hour must actually means something

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
Downloaded to my htc inspire 4G. I Am amazed by what you have created. This is awsome! I love free...but this needs to be a paid game. It is worth every penny.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

sisi716222

Oct 3, 2011
Wow~ It's really a cool game.
The idea is very impressive.

I am trying hard to pass the world3.
These puzzles not only difficult but interesting.

I look forward to more puzzles.:)

labsownyou

Jan 14, 2011
I'm downloading it now. I'll be sure to post my thoughts here and on my site(Though, my site isn't very popular...) once I've had some time to mess with it. Can't wait!

Spectatr

Sep 30, 2011
This game is pretty awesome. Albeit I've had my phone for about 2 months, I've never played a game with these game mechanics. Very original and an amazing first app. I also just started learning android and will be developing my first app in the coming months, and I don't think it will be nearly as good.

huw12313212

Oct 2, 2011
thanks

thanks!I think you will do it great too! we just began java programming 4 months ago!
It's easy to learn!:D

This game is pretty awesome. Albeit I've had my phone for about 2 months, I've never played a game with these game mechanics. Very original and an amazing first app. I also just started learning android and will be developing my first app in the coming months, and I don't think it will be nearly as good.

Reactions: zisk1

sub_evil

Sep 21, 2011
Ill-noise
Just read about this on the portal. Downloaded it on my A100 and started playing, will have to download it to my EVO 3D later. Love it. This is definitely better than some of the games that other devs charge for. Excellent work.

prasadKnew

Dec 15, 2010
Pune
I am trying to download it through market, but I am getting device incompatibility message. I am using Samsung Galaxy S GT I9003. Does it have region restrictions, I am trying from India

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!! I'm a student and a self claim indie game developer in Taiwan!!

me and my friends made a game called "Constant C".. it's on Android Market now.. for free!!

It's Powered by AndEngine ! and we put a lot of effort in it....

so Please!! take a look! if you like it.. help us spread the words about this game.. we will be really grateful:D
    Genre: 2D Platform, Puzzle, Action !

System Require: Multi-Touch Screen, IQ Above Average

Tag: Time, Gravity, Awesomeness !

In a distant future, a dark force gained control of the universe. Everything stopped moving – the time is frozen and gravity is gone. The only hope of recovering the universe relies on “Constant C,” a robot gifted with a small circle of power, allowing Constant C to move and to revive the time and gravity within the circle. When Constant C approaches an object, the object becomes “alive” and when Constant C leaves, the object becomes frozen again. By making good use of Constant C’s power, your mission is to remove obstacles ahead and find a way for Constant C to reach the control center of the dark force.

There are 29 levels. To solve the puzzles, you need to be intelligent and creative. Each puzzle gives you a new experience, and along the way, your will learn important skills that can help you solve the puzzles. The unique feature of Constant C will give you a mind blowing experience. So, be quick! The universe is waiting for you.

Developer:Brain Damage Studio