[PROJECT] REPainting the Acer A500, Dark red this time! PAINTED!

Search This thread

Product F(RED)

Sep 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Forgive me for not reading all the pages of the thread, but what kind of paint did you use? I wanna paint the silver border of my white Epic 4G Touch white. I wanna make sure I use the right paint though.

yasirmujtaba

Feb 7, 2012
Mahoba-A little Town
No problem! I used car paint. My car was in the shop, and the repair guy said he'd paint it.

bro do you know any custom rom creator
we are not so rich so we have a cheap device
we are stuck with stock rom
it will be really helpfull if some one can cook a new rom for us....
the tom am using this time is only visually modified

Last edited:

cragains

Apr 6, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Damn Bro, excellent.
Well done, looks far better than stock, or scratched.
It would have been real sweet to embed a graphic under the clear coat
or some custom design, ya know.

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
BOOM!

This looks great man, I have the A100, and whilst I love it (great tab, ICS etc) the back is a bit, well, sissy. I've looked into those skins you can get that cover it up, carbon fibre ones look nice. But painting it jet black or something else would be real nice.

How's the finish? Did you have a coat of clear acrylic sprayed on after to give a smooth shine?

yasirmujtaba

Feb 7, 2012
Mahoba-A little Town
BOOM!

This looks great man, I have the A100, and whilst I love it (great tab, ICS etc) the back is a bit, well, sissy. I've looked into those skins you can get that cover it up, carbon fibre ones look nice. But painting it jet black or something else would be real nice.

How's the finish? Did you have a coat of clear acrylic sprayed on after to give a smooth shine?

yup there is a clear coat ....over metallic black....
we can also use the very thin acrylic ......

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
Sorry have had a fair amount of involvement with auto-respraying (i.e. cars) and I have to say it looks disgusting! Poorly preped, poor choice of materials. 2-pac can be purchased for a couple of dollars (probably even a sample colour from the paint store for free) you can do funky stuff with it like add in magenta or green like the feather of a raven etc. Or just plain black. You could take it preped to your local furtiture refinishers or a car panel beaters (preped mind you....and preped properly too!) and they may charge you a couple of bux for the few minutes it takes to mix paint paint the thing a few coats and clean their gun. A nice painter may even say leave it on there and pick it up after work and he'll do it after hours for free ;) (we have done that for people cause they have offered to pay and were nice people) and it would look very professional. The 2pac clear finish would be very durable and look like a bought one. I recommend that people viewing this don't go out and do what is posted in the OP.

yasirmujtaba

Feb 7, 2012
Mahoba-A little Town
Haters gonna hate.

Frankly, I don't care what you think, and if it looks disgusting to you, you have a horrible taste.

If people want to do it or not it's their choice. I don't care.

And yes, I'm offended. I'd appreciate that you keep your opinion to yourself.

ya hatres gonna hate.....

its our choice what we do with our devices....

eyes of some peoples are popping out .....
because they dont have. any creative mind...

if you want to do something yours then dont spit out poison here....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Damn! That's unlucky... okay so should I use another type of paint to get non-glossy or it's just determined by the number of clear coats?

Sent from my Nexus S with CyanogenMod 9

bro there are many types of colors available in market specially in car paint shop you can ask your car guy for that
    other solution is to go to a sticker designer shop
    you can make you own sticker for whole back panel by just some photoshop work