Camera is not working with webos

Search This thread

adigo

Apr 6, 2008
I've install cm9 on my touchpad and i understand that the camera is not working in cm9 so i always boot into webos if i need to make skype video calls. But recently i found that my camera is also not working in webos. All the camera apps fail to open. I am currently with webos 3.05 with dualboot cm9. Any idea about how to fix it? Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

ve6ay

Nov 20, 2010
Alberta
You might need to reinstall WebOS - sounds like something got touched that wasn't supposed to be.

Take a Nandroid backup, then follow the instructions in the thread in General on how to Factory Reset / Downgrade to 3.0.0, then upgrade from there to 3.0.5, and then reinstall Android, then restore your backup. Will take about 30 mins, and you should have everything working again.

Moshe5368

Mar 21, 2011
Fulton, MS
You can check to see if you have loaded any other camera apps in webOS. I experienced this when I installed a preware camera app in 3.0.5. After working with tech support in a live chat, I removed the preware app and rebooted the touchpad. My camera works flawlessly now. You could also follow the above suggestion to make a nandroid backup in android then do a full erase in webOS. Reinstallation of the webOS software might be just the thing to get you back on track. Hope this helps.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

adigo

Apr 6, 2008
Thx a lot for replying. Will try your mothed n report here.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA