[KERNEL] Bricked-Kernel Hammerhead | Sweep2wake | KnockKnock/Dt2w

Search This thread

show-p1984

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011

Welcome to the most customizable N5 kernel on xda :)
Bricked-Kernel Nexus 5 (hammerhead)

Features:

* Based upon Google's msm 3.4 source
* Various fixes, improvements and optimizatios (look @ github)
* Compiled with gcc4.7.2 toolchain (linaro 09.12)
* -O3+ optimized
* Snapdragon & CortexA15 optimizations
* replaced qcom's hotplug binary with msm_mpdecision (IN-KERNEL, better battery life + performance)
* Extensive sysfs interface for mpdecision with all the tuneables you want (/sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/)
* replaced qcom's thermal binary with my IN-KERNEL solution. (/sys/kernel/msm_thermal/)
* export krait version to: /sys/kernel/debug/krait_variant
* Allow OC up to 2,5Ghz
* Allow UC to 96Mhz
* Undervolting (faux123)
* F2FS Support
* Multirom Support
* KCAL (savoca) & Gamma Control (faux123)
* Sound Control (faux123)

* Default clocks: 300 Mhz min & 2265,6 Mhz max

Zip features:
*** ON-THE-FLY-RAMDISK EDITS!
*** THIS KERNEL USES YOUR RAMDISK, it will just modify it on the fly while flashing. These changes are not creating any incompatibilities with roms/other kernels.
* removes min freq overrides from the ramdisk
* removes governor overrides from the ramdisk
* adds init.d support to your ramdisk (if not already supported)
* modifies stock ondemand settings
* add module insertion

Check the compare links for the rest :)

Where is tha Changelog???

There will be no more changelogs.
Instead the download pages were outfitted with compare links to github for each download.

What is sweep2wake?

Disabled as default, activate through an app like KControl or over sysfs: echo 1 > /sys/android_touch/sweep2wake

What is doubletap2wake / knock knock?

Disabled as default, activate through an app like KControl or over sysfs: echo 1 > /sys/android_touch/doubletap2wake

How to install?

Flash through recovery. #done.

Where to complain about errors/bugs?

Please use the Issuetracker for bugs/errors/feature wishes!
Issuetracker @ https://github.com/showp1984/bricked-hammerhead/issues

showp1984@gmail.com
IRC Chat: Freenode IRC #bricked

Download:

No Guarantees! If it kills your grandmother or your device, I am NOT responsible! If you understand this:
(If you download, please hit Thanks below my post! Thank you!)

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

Donation Hall-of-Fame:

> Hall of fame <

Thank you very much!

Stock 4.4 Nexus5 boot.img - flash this if you come from another kernel coming with it's own ramdisk (eg: zip contains a *.img file) ONLY FLASH ON 4.4

Source:

Last edited:

show-p1984

Jul 30, 2011
What is msm_thermal?

Kernel based 3-phase thermal control!
This replaces your /system/bin/thermal-engine-hh binary which is renamed by the installer to thermal-engine-hh_bck.
It will throttle your cpu speed to keep it cool and unleash it if the cpu has cooled down enough. (3 phases: low, mid and high)

Check /sys/kernel/msm_thermal/conf/ for the thermal configuration :)

allowed_max_high = highest threshold (phase 3)
allowed_max_low = remove the throttling if we cooled down to this (clr_thrshold)
allowed_max_freq = max frequency if throttled (limit)

[...]mid[...] = same as above, just for phase 2
[...]low[...] = Lowest threshold (phase 1)

check_interval_ms = how often shall we check? (sampling rate)

shutdown_temp = if we reach this shut down the device!

If you want to see msm_thermal doing it's job:
Code:
adb shell
cat /proc/kmsg | grep 'thermal'
What is msm_mpdecision?

100% kernel based multi core decision! (should cpu1/2/3 be online or not?)
This replaces your /system/bin/mpdecision binary which is renamed by the installer to mpdecision_bck.

Check /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/ for the configuration.

startdelay = time until mpdecision starts doing it's magic (20000)
delay = time between checks (130)
pause = if something else plugs in the cpu, fall asleep for 10000ms (10 secs)
scroff_single_core = if the screen is off, don't plug in cpu1/2/3. Additionally: Unplug all cpus except cpu0 when screen is turned off (1)
enabled = enable(1) or disable(0) mpdecision. This does not affect scroff_single_core!
min_cpus = min cpus to be online, cannot be < 1. Default: 1
max_cpus = max cpus to be online, cannot be > 4. (if you set it to 2 and min_cpus to 1 you will basically have a dualcore) Default: 4
idle_freq = a value against that will be checked if a core +/- is requested. (499200)
If cpu0 is below that value and a core up of another cpu is requested, nothing will happen.
If any other cpu is above that value and a core down of that cpu is requested, nothing will happen. (otherwise it would now put down that cpu even though it is still working, which isn't what we want)

Hot plug thresholds (aka now it gets 'complicated')
This small formula calculates which value will be used: (number_of_cpus_online - 1) * 2
The result of this formula will be the nwns_threshold where a new cpu is hotplugged.
The result of this formula + 1 will be the nwns_threshold where a cpu is unplugged.

nwns_threshold_x = runqueue threshold, if this is reached cpuX will be hot/unplugged
twts_threshold_x = time threshold, this amount of time must have passed for the related action to be taken (hot/unplug)

Example:
One cpu is online.
(1 - 1) * 2 = 0 ergo:
nwns_threshold_0 = cpu1 will be hotplugged at this value
((1 - 1) * 2) + 1 = 1
nwns_threshold_1 = cpu0 will be unplugged at this value
Since we can't unplug cpu0 this is '0'.

Two cpus are online.
(2 - 1) * 2 = 2 ergo:
nwns_threshold_2 = cpu2 will be hotplugged at this value
((2 - 1) * 2) + 1 = 3
nwns_threshold_3 = cpu1 will be unplugged at this value

etc...

Some values are:
NwNs_Threshold: 12, 0, 25, 20, 32, 28, 0, 35
TwTs_Threshold: 140, 0, 140, 190, 140, 190, 0, 190
Where the position and function of the number equals the result of the above explained formula.

(all times are in ms)
If you want to see the mpdecision magic happening:
Code:
adb shell
cat /proc/kmsg | grep 'MPDEC'
mpdecision's input event boost, aka project butter :p

This will boost your min cpu speed if you touch the screen or press a button and gives you full control.
In those events the min cpu freq will be risen to a predefined value (look below) on every online cpu. This boosts overall reaction times and smoothness a lot. (works similar to the qcom mpdecision binary)
Configuration files:
root@android:/sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf # ls | grep boost
boost_enabled
boost_freqs
boost_time

All of them work like the usual sysfs files, except one special case:
boost_freqs will list all frequencies from cpu 0 to cpu x. Cpu 3 and any following cpu will share one frequency.
To change those frequencies echo the cpu number + the frequency in khz.
Example: To change the boost freq of cpu3 (and 4,5,6,7,8, etc) the echo would look as follows:
Code:
echo "3 960000" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/boost_freqs
for cpu0:
Code:
echo "0 960000" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/boost_freqs

Defaults:
Code:
cat /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/boost_freqs
Why do I have no WLAN?

Due to this kernels very high optimization settings it is too big for our boot.img with WLAN included into the kernel, so it is built as a module. That means it needs to be inserted into the kernel upon boot up, which needs to be automated for maximum comfort.

The zip adds module insertion to your ramdisk, if that fails for some reason the wlan module cannot be inserted.

if
Code:
adb shell lsmod
doesn't show this:
Code:
tun 14701 0 - Live 0x00000000
cifs 275399 0 - Live 0x00000000
bcmdhd 2964650 0 - Live 0x00000000 (C)
Then something went horribly wrong.
Chances are that I broke it and this should never happen.
One post in the issue tracker will probably fix it with the next release :)

You can restore wlan for your current bootup by executing:
Code:
adb shell
su
insmod /system/lib/modules/bcmdhd.ko
Is there an app available to customize this pure bodacious and awesome kernel?

Yes there is: KControl. It's in the Google Playstore.

Last edited:

show-p1984

Jul 30, 2011
A few benchmark results:

Vellamo Metal:
http://vellamo2.quicinc.com/api/v2/app/plot/Metal/submission/PEE3B604B-8C49-69F5-001E-6BCA76DF491D
(usually ranges from 11xx-12xx. Depending on system background load, thermal status, air pressure, weather, world hunger, etc...)

Antutu:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/108262968419038009038/posts/VJbxpMoFJPN
(usually ranges from 28.xxx - 30.xxx. Depending on system background load, thermal status, air pressure, weather, world hunger, etc...)

3DMark Icestorm unlimited: (the others are maxed out)
https://plus.google.com/u/0/108262968419038009038/posts/N24t9ssoBcL
(17xxx)

Last edited:

show-p1984

Jul 30, 2011
Finally a Bricked thread! :victory: No more F5 spamming the kernel website ;)
If you are familiar with rss, all kernel download pages have a little rss symbol, if you click it you get here:
http://bricked.de/kernelrss.php?action=krss&device=hammerhead&release=stable&type=aosp

Just something to consider instead of spamming F5 :)

Good stuff, you've finally joined the party.
If you take a look at the dates on my homepage you might notice that the party ended about 2 days ago. The after party on the other hand starts now! :)

Indeed! Well the thread isn't that old yet :)

n3ocort3x

May 10, 2012
Vienna
I saw, many thanks for that, but i think i have to ask u a bit about this, already in bed now, but tomorrow is another day :) 5star and subscribed as always

jazzor

Mar 6, 2010
Has anyone actually demonstrated (scientifically or otherwise) anything wrong with the qcom mpdecision binary? Im not taking anything away from kernel developers who write their own mpdecision (especially those who also provides sources), but I am curious as to whether they are actually better than those provided by qcom. Surely they know more about the capabilities of their own cpus better than anyone no?

Reactions: mhsbrian

mhsbrian

May 18, 2009
Huawei Nexus 6P
OnePlus 7 Pro
Has anyone actually demonstrated (scientifically or otherwise) anything wrong with the qcom mpdecision binary? Im not taking anything away from kernel developers who write their own mpdecision (especially those who also provides sources), but I am curious as to whether they are actually better than those provided by qcom. Surely they know more about the capabilities of their own cpus better than anyone no?

A fair question, I imagine there is something sacrificed using either or.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: reup247

show-p1984

Jul 30, 2011

It's not that complicated (there is no black voodoo magic), that's why bricked kernel was the first to introduce this feature back on the pyramid.
CPUs need to be plugged in / unplugged based on load, there is nothing more qcom can know that we can't also see inside of the kernel.

There is one HUGE thing that is wrong with qcom's mpdecision: It's closed. It's a black box. We don't have any idea what is going on in there. Literally, none. It's not even configurable. It could contain secret nsa code, or send dirty sms to your girlfriend (who might actually enjoy that, idk...)
If we would have source, hell, awesome. I wouldn't have spent over a year (first commit: Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 06:06:47 +0200, see here) to get my msm_mpdecision solution to the point where it is a) awesome and b) a lot better than the binary. It can be configured in any way you might need to. It features statistics on how often and how long a cpu is hotplugged. It has the input event boost. It's the full package deal.

If you compare my kernel with the stock kernel you will see huge performance improvements and battery savings on bricked. Those are not only because of my msm_mpdecision but certainly related. Furthermore: we can completely customize it, over sysfs, on a running kernel, without reflashing.
That's what I would have expected from qcom in the first place.

Another thing wrong with qcom's binary: It's static. Meaning: If you change your min freq on stock it will always reset back to defaults. Same with their thermal binary. That's just annoying.
msm_mpdecision will notice it if you change your min frequency and dynamically work with that from there on. It will also prevent hotplug wars between apps and it: eg: an app plugs in cpus to grab some cpu data (like frequencies, etc. That is only available if the cpu is plugged in). Qcom's mpdecision would now raise hell to keep that cpu unplugged, my msm_mpdecision just sits back and chills for 10 seconds to avoid those wars. (again, even that delay is fully configurable)

There are also a bunch of boring advantages as to why it is better to let something crucial to the system run in kernel space and not in user space, but that would most certainly explode the context of this thread by the factor of 4.

My solution is not inferior to that binary in any way, in fact it has been vastly superior in my testing up until now, otherwise I would a) improve it or b) ditch it. I don't keep around bad stuff just for the point of having it or because I wrote it. If it sucks I will say that and act accordingly.

Last edited:

jazzor

Mar 6, 2010
Thanks for the very informative post. I suppose there are advantages in avoiding qcom's mpdecision. Though i'd like to point out that the Android framework (msm power HAL) does use some of the interfaces provided by the binary (see hardware/qcom/power/). With the nexus 4, this will spam a lot of stuff to logcat if you are missing this interface, not sure if this is the same with the nexus 5, but judging by the sources it seems it will. Maybe you could provide some notification about this side effect.

Similarly, this could apply to the thermal side of things as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Welcome to the most customizable N5 kernel on xda :)
    Bricked-Kernel Nexus 5 (hammerhead)

Features:

* Based upon Google's msm 3.4 source
    * Various fixes, improvements and optimizatios (look @ github)
    * Compiled with gcc4.7.2 toolchain (linaro 09.12)
    * -O3+ optimized
    * Snapdragon & CortexA15 optimizations
    * replaced qcom's hotplug binary with msm_mpdecision (IN-KERNEL, better battery life + performance)
    * Extensive sysfs interface for mpdecision with all the tuneables you want (/sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/)
    * replaced qcom's thermal binary with my IN-KERNEL solution. (/sys/kernel/msm_thermal/)
    * export krait version to: /sys/kernel/debug/krait_variant
    * Allow OC up to 2,5Ghz
    * Allow UC to 96Mhz
    * Undervolting (faux123)
    * F2FS Support
    * Multirom Support
    * KCAL (savoca) & Gamma Control (faux123)
    * Sound Control (faux123)

* Default clocks: 300 Mhz min & 2265,6 Mhz max

Zip features:
    *** ON-THE-FLY-RAMDISK EDITS!
    *** THIS KERNEL USES YOUR RAMDISK, it will just modify it on the fly while flashing. These changes are not creating any incompatibilities with roms/other kernels.
    * removes min freq overrides from the ramdisk
    * removes governor overrides from the ramdisk
    * adds init.d support to your ramdisk (if not already supported)
    * modifies stock ondemand settings
    * add module insertion

Check the compare links for the rest :)

Where is tha Changelog???

There will be no more changelogs.
    Instead the download pages were outfitted with compare links to github for each download.

What is sweep2wake?

Disabled as default, activate through an app like KControl or over sysfs: echo 1 > /sys/android_touch/sweep2wake

What is doubletap2wake / knock knock?

Disabled as default, activate through an app like KControl or over sysfs: echo 1 > /sys/android_touch/doubletap2wake

How to install?

Flash through recovery. #done.

Where to complain about errors/bugs?

Please use the Issuetracker for bugs/errors/feature wishes!
    Issuetracker @ https://github.com/showp1984/bricked-hammerhead/issues

showp1984@gmail.com
    IRC Chat: Freenode IRC #bricked

Download:

No Guarantees! If it kills your grandmother or your device, I am NOT responsible! If you understand this:
    (If you download, please hit Thanks below my post! Thank you!)

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

Donation Hall-of-Fame:

> Hall of fame <

Thank you very much!

Stock 4.4 Nexus5 boot.img - flash this if you come from another kernel coming with it's own ramdisk (eg: zip contains a *.img file) ONLY FLASH ON 4.4

Source:

What is msm_thermal?

Kernel based 3-phase thermal control!
    This replaces your /system/bin/thermal-engine-hh binary which is renamed by the installer to thermal-engine-hh_bck.
    It will throttle your cpu speed to keep it cool and unleash it if the cpu has cooled down enough. (3 phases: low, mid and high)

Check /sys/kernel/msm_thermal/conf/ for the thermal configuration :)

allowed_max_high = highest threshold (phase 3)
    allowed_max_low = remove the throttling if we cooled down to this (clr_thrshold)
    allowed_max_freq = max frequency if throttled (limit)

[...]mid[...] = same as above, just for phase 2
    [...]low[...] = Lowest threshold (phase 1)

check_interval_ms = how often shall we check? (sampling rate)

shutdown_temp = if we reach this shut down the device!

If you want to see msm_thermal doing it's job:
    Code:
    adb shell
    cat /proc/kmsg | grep 'thermal'
    What is msm_mpdecision?

100% kernel based multi core decision! (should cpu1/2/3 be online or not?)
    This replaces your /system/bin/mpdecision binary which is renamed by the installer to mpdecision_bck.

Check /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/ for the configuration.

startdelay = time until mpdecision starts doing it's magic (20000)
    delay = time between checks (130)
    pause = if something else plugs in the cpu, fall asleep for 10000ms (10 secs)
    scroff_single_core = if the screen is off, don't plug in cpu1/2/3. Additionally: Unplug all cpus except cpu0 when screen is turned off (1)
    enabled = enable(1) or disable(0) mpdecision. This does not affect scroff_single_core!
    min_cpus = min cpus to be online, cannot be < 1. Default: 1
    max_cpus = max cpus to be online, cannot be > 4. (if you set it to 2 and min_cpus to 1 you will basically have a dualcore) Default: 4
    idle_freq = a value against that will be checked if a core +/- is requested. (499200)
    If cpu0 is below that value and a core up of another cpu is requested, nothing will happen.
    If any other cpu is above that value and a core down of that cpu is requested, nothing will happen. (otherwise it would now put down that cpu even though it is still working, which isn't what we want)

Hot plug thresholds (aka now it gets 'complicated')
    This small formula calculates which value will be used: (number_of_cpus_online - 1) * 2
    The result of this formula will be the nwns_threshold where a new cpu is hotplugged.
    The result of this formula + 1 will be the nwns_threshold where a cpu is unplugged.

nwns_threshold_x = runqueue threshold, if this is reached cpuX will be hot/unplugged
    twts_threshold_x = time threshold, this amount of time must have passed for the related action to be taken (hot/unplug)

Example:
    One cpu is online.
    (1 - 1) * 2 = 0 ergo:
    nwns_threshold_0 = cpu1 will be hotplugged at this value
    ((1 - 1) * 2) + 1 = 1
    nwns_threshold_1 = cpu0 will be unplugged at this value
    Since we can't unplug cpu0 this is '0'.

Two cpus are online.
    (2 - 1) * 2 = 2 ergo:
    nwns_threshold_2 = cpu2 will be hotplugged at this value
    ((2 - 1) * 2) + 1 = 3
    nwns_threshold_3 = cpu1 will be unplugged at this value

etc...

Some values are:
    NwNs_Threshold: 12, 0, 25, 20, 32, 28, 0, 35
    TwTs_Threshold: 140, 0, 140, 190, 140, 190, 0, 190
    Where the position and function of the number equals the result of the above explained formula.

(all times are in ms)
    If you want to see the mpdecision magic happening:
    Code:
    adb shell
    cat /proc/kmsg | grep 'MPDEC'
    mpdecision's input event boost, aka project butter :p

This will boost your min cpu speed if you touch the screen or press a button and gives you full control.
    In those events the min cpu freq will be risen to a predefined value (look below) on every online cpu. This boosts overall reaction times and smoothness a lot. (works similar to the qcom mpdecision binary)
    Configuration files:
    root@android:/sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf # ls | grep boost
    boost_enabled
    boost_freqs
    boost_time

All of them work like the usual sysfs files, except one special case:
    boost_freqs will list all frequencies from cpu 0 to cpu x. Cpu 3 and any following cpu will share one frequency.
    To change those frequencies echo the cpu number + the frequency in khz.
    Example: To change the boost freq of cpu3 (and 4,5,6,7,8, etc) the echo would look as follows:
    Code:
    echo "3 960000" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/boost_freqs
    for cpu0:
    Code:
    echo "0 960000" > /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/boost_freqs

Defaults:
    Code:
    cat /sys/kernel/msm_mpdecision/conf/boost_freqs
    Why do I have no WLAN?

Due to this kernels very high optimization settings it is too big for our boot.img with WLAN included into the kernel, so it is built as a module. That means it needs to be inserted into the kernel upon boot up, which needs to be automated for maximum comfort.

The zip adds module insertion to your ramdisk, if that fails for some reason the wlan module cannot be inserted.

if
    Code:
    adb shell lsmod
    doesn't show this:
    Code:
    tun 14701 0 - Live 0x00000000
    cifs 275399 0 - Live 0x00000000
    bcmdhd 2964650 0 - Live 0x00000000 (C)
    Then something went horribly wrong.
    Chances are that I broke it and this should never happen.
    One post in the issue tracker will probably fix it with the next release :)

You can restore wlan for your current bootup by executing:
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    insmod /system/lib/modules/bcmdhd.ko
    Is there an app available to customize this pure bodacious and awesome kernel?

Yes there is: KControl. It's in the Google Playstore.

New Kernel beta :)

Download:
    http://bricked.de/index.php?action=kdownload&device=hammerhead&release=beta&type=aosp

Changes:
    https://github.com/showp1984/bricked-hammerhead/compare/ca9faf4...9ef2634

A small KControl backport is to follow, so that color control will be enabled on the Hammerhead. (Sound already is)

-------------------------------------

The source now contains a fully fledged one command compile script.

Ubuntu dependencies:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get build-dep linux-image-$(uname -r)
    (This should install most of what is needed to build any kernel)
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install ccache xz-utils git
    (This installs the ccache, a compiler cache, xz compression utils & the version control system git)

Downloading the source:
    Code:
    mkdir ~/WORK
    cd ~/WORK
    git clone -b exp https://github.com/showp1984/bricked-hammerhead.git

Building the source:
    Code:
    cd ~/WORK/bricked-hammerhead
    . buildme.sh exp
    (currently only exp has the build script though, since it's still all beta over here. This will change soon, then you can choose between master = stable and exp = beta)
    This script will download the toolchain, prebuilts and kcontrol gpu module source used and generate a flash-able zip at the end of the compilation as well as check-sums.
    It will ask you if you want to create the out directory, if you say n or N here it will be disabled. If you say y or Y however you will find everything in ~/WORK/bricked-hammerhead/out after compilation has finished.

So if you have a linux machine, have fun. If you don't, well, it's as good as a time as any to download a distribution and get cracking! :)

It's not that complicated (there is no black voodoo magic), that's why bricked kernel was the first to introduce this feature back on the pyramid.
    CPUs need to be plugged in / unplugged based on load, there is nothing more qcom can know that we can't also see inside of the kernel.

There is one HUGE thing that is wrong with qcom's mpdecision: It's closed. It's a black box. We don't have any idea what is going on in there. Literally, none. It's not even configurable. It could contain secret nsa code, or send dirty sms to your girlfriend (who might actually enjoy that, idk...)
    If we would have source, hell, awesome. I wouldn't have spent over a year (first commit: Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 06:06:47 +0200, see here) to get my msm_mpdecision solution to the point where it is a) awesome and b) a lot better than the binary. It can be configured in any way you might need to. It features statistics on how often and how long a cpu is hotplugged. It has the input event boost. It's the full package deal.

If you compare my kernel with the stock kernel you will see huge performance improvements and battery savings on bricked. Those are not only because of my msm_mpdecision but certainly related. Furthermore: we can completely customize it, over sysfs, on a running kernel, without reflashing.
    That's what I would have expected from qcom in the first place.

Another thing wrong with qcom's binary: It's static. Meaning: If you change your min freq on stock it will always reset back to defaults. Same with their thermal binary. That's just annoying.
    msm_mpdecision will notice it if you change your min frequency and dynamically work with that from there on. It will also prevent hotplug wars between apps and it: eg: an app plugs in cpus to grab some cpu data (like frequencies, etc. That is only available if the cpu is plugged in). Qcom's mpdecision would now raise hell to keep that cpu unplugged, my msm_mpdecision just sits back and chills for 10 seconds to avoid those wars. (again, even that delay is fully configurable)

There are also a bunch of boring advantages as to why it is better to let something crucial to the system run in kernel space and not in user space, but that would most certainly explode the context of this thread by the factor of 4.

My solution is not inferior to that binary in any way, in fact it has been vastly superior in my testing up until now, otherwise I would a) improve it or b) ditch it. I don't keep around bad stuff just for the point of having it or because I wrote it. If it sucks I will say that and act accordingly.
    Showp is my favorite Kernel dev. Used his kernel on all my phones (Sensation and One S). Was using Bricked on N5 until the battery light stopped working with SlimKat. SlimKat's stock kernel has some commit by Showp, though, which is great.

Have been waiting for update for a while, now.

Not asking for ETA. And I know Showp has been dealing with some personal matters but I have a feeling that it might either take a long time before Showp's back, or maybe even never.

Anyway, I wish Showp all the best. If he decides to come back, I will try his kernel in a heartbeat!
    ill-be-back-quote.png