Galaxy tab pro 8.4 dust/dead pixels

Search This thread

Optimusg2x

Apr 22, 2011
Chicago
My first two tab pros had 3-5 dead pixels under the screen and the current one now has 2-3 specks of dust under the screen. They were purchased from Amazon if that matters to anyone.

Has anyone else had these issues?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

hongkongtom

Nov 25, 2008
I have dust under the screen, I've bought from local retailer, Samsung repair center told me to wait for a month until they have parts to replace it.

Sent from my SM-T320 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Optimusg2x

azbioguy

Aug 30, 2010
My first Tab Pro 8.4 had a lot of dust/smudging in one corner. I bought it from Best Buy so I took it back. The replacement is fine.

ritchea

Not the 8.4 but 12.2 tab pro from Amazon had a problem--either a group of dead pixels or sediment beneath the digitizer not just beneath the screen. The replacement had been opened (updated os plus re-taped) apparently to be inspected by Amazon. It has no issues although, ironically, there was a lot of debris inside the box of the replacement. Each was shipped from a different distribution center.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

fusionx86

Oct 5, 2013
I must have gotten lucky with my 8.4. My wife is on her 3rd 10.1 right now. Dead pixel on the first one and the second one had some strange issue with the screen in one spot where it was too shiny or reflective. It wasn't a dead or stuck pixel. So far the 3rd one is good.

bckrupps

Sep 24, 2010
I had 2 dead pixels on my first one from best buy when they first came out. i exchanged it and knock on wood it has been perfect. luck of the draw imo

wjharing

Nov 7, 2010
Got mine from Amazon early March and it appeared to be fine. This weekend I noticed a stuck pixel, and now in process of returning it.
Pity to hear about this, given Samsung is an A-brand.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have dust under the screen, I've bought from local retailer, Samsung repair center told me to wait for a month until they have parts to replace it.

Sent from my SM-T320 using xda app-developers app