Problem gt-p5210 tab3 10.1.

Search This thread

radheck

May 4, 2011
I mean, I had the tablet on my desk with battery, more than 20%, and when I wanted to use it it was apparently off, it took me 5 min for starting, pressing the off button and then the volume. Has anyone ever been happen the same thing ? It was bought on March 2014, the last 4.2.2, and it has not given me any problems so far, without rooting. Thank you

ubuntoscar

Jun 19, 2012
Problem when charging

I recently installed the firmware 4.4.2 from Canada and I noticed when I charge the tablet can not turn off the tablet, I mean, if I charge the table on and turn off after few seconds the tablet turns on again, this happens to any one else? :silly:

r2d23cpo

Jan 25, 2014
I mean, I had the tablet on my desk with battery, more than 20%, and when I wanted to use it it was apparently off, it took me 5 min for starting, pressing the off button and then the volume. Has anyone ever been happen the same thing ? It was bought on March 2014, the last 4.2.2, and it has not given me any problems so far, without rooting. Thank you

Listen I have no real answer as about what happen. But I can say this for sure. We can not take the battery out. So there is a feature to do a software battery rest.

Just like Win7, Hold the Power Button for about 5 second and It will mimic a Battery disconnect, Do not do it longer than 10 seconds is a waits of time. If you are not sure you press it correctly, release it and try again but this time look at the button.

Now here is an issue. Depending where you are Holding JUST the Power button can behave differently.
A) Holding Power button forever, starting from Home Screen
..1)Turn your TAB3 ON and swipe to be in Home screen.
..2) Lets Press Power while holding, NO Release, so that wee can see what it does.
..3) You will see it will Power OFF, Then Restart. Nothing more Happen, just wait for ever on swipe screen.

B)Holding Power button forever, starting from POWER OFF
..1) Now use the normal procedure to turn your Tab3 OFF. Let it alone. at least a minute to make sure is OFF. Just for test purpose.
..2) Lets Press Power while holding, NO Release, so that wee can see what it does.
..3) You will see it Turn On, see the Samsung Logo and Turn OFF. Black Screen for ever will follow.

So as you see, it is possible you had your table OFF when you where continuously pressing the button!. Normal Behavior.

As for Why when Off, I do not know but I seen my table freeze from time to time and and even go off.

I recently installed the firmware 4.4.2 from Canada and I noticed when I charge the tablet can not turn off the tablet, I mean, if I charge the table on and turn off after few seconds the tablet turns on again, this happens to any one else? :silly:

Yes It does, charging while device is OFF. Some time it does not like to respond. In fact there are claims that 4.4.2 does not charge while off. If you have a kernel modified the you will see the BIGG Battery symbol. But still it is hard to respond.

Cobra86

Feb 19, 2015

this happened to me a few times i just flashed the European firmware and its fixed