[Q] Zenfone 4

Search This thread

yodaryll94

Jun 24, 2014
just some questions about zenfone 4

1. is it easy to root z4?

2. like no problem in rooting my phone?

3. once i root my z4, is there a recommended bloatware list i can freeze?

4. is there other way to make the battery last longer?

5. and when will kitkat upgrade available to zenfone 4?

6. any unrooting guide here?

i just want to upgrade first my z4 before i root it.

THANKS anyone who will give me the answer

ajnabicancer

Apr 10, 2014
@yodaryll94

hi.

Here's "How to Root ASUS Zenfone 4" (I don't know in case device can be unrooted after rooted from method from the link).

-- Yes, In case you read(know what you are doing) and follow carefully. In short, not impossible.

-- I don't think any dev take responsibility for any type of device damage after following his/her instructions. But mostly damages not happen. so always make sure by reading comments, possible that someone have replied success message.

-- "Recommended", yep maybe in case someone have made list. but in simple, things you don't use and are not part of official firmware and by removing them it does not effect device OS. then it's fine to stop them or lock them from being loading in startup/boot or completely uninstalling them. there are apps to make this work easy. (i'm not recommending anything, just sharing for idea.)

-- Yes. there are threads on this platform.

-- I don't know in case there will be Official upgrades or not. But maybe there are Custom ROMs on internet.

-- already answered. Other than last answer regarding this question, there are ways to unroot device with different tools type. but not sure about method of which i posted link above.

-- I think there is option for upgrade/update in Phone setting "About phone" and in case upgrade/update is available then it will be Official.

Advice: Do not try anything on your device Until you know what you are doing. always make full Backup of your device before doing stuff like "Root/CWM(Custom Recovery/Custom ROM). don't take my answers as perfect, make more search, wait for more replies.... until you get enough information and are sure that you understood well, what you learned etc....

hope, answers helped you a little.

Last edited:

yodaryll94

Jun 24, 2014
@yodaryll94

hi.

Here's "How to Root ASUS Zenfone 4" (I don't know in case device can be unrooted after rooted from method from the link).

-- Yes, In case you read(know what you are doing) and follow carefully. In short, not impossible.

-- I don't think any dev take responsibility for any type of device damage after following his/her instructions. But mostly damages not happen. so always make sure by reading comments, possible that someone have replied success message.

-- "Recommended", yep maybe in case someone have made list. but in simple, things you don't use and are not part of official firmware and by removing them it does not effect device OS. then it's fine to stop them or lock them from being loading in startup/boot or completely uninstalling them. there are apps to make this work easy. (i'm not recommending anything, just sharing for idea.)

-- Yes. there are threads on this platform.

-- I don't know in case there will be Official upgrades or not. But maybe there are Custom ROMs on internet.

-- already answered. Other than last answer regarding this question, there are ways to unroot device with different tools type. but not sure about method of which i posted link above.

-- I think there is option for upgrade/update in Phone setting "About phone" and in case upgrade/update is available then it will be Official.

Advice: Do not try anything on your device Until you know what you are doing. always make full Backup of your device before doing stuff like "Root/CWM(Custom Recovery/Custom ROM). don't take my answers as perfect, make more search, wait for more replies.... until you get enough information and are sure that you understood well, what you learned etc....

hope, answers helped you a little.

hi thanks for your reply, really appreciate it :)
uhm another question. can you give a list of things i cant/should not freeze? (like system ui) so if ever i try to freeze i can avoid them. thanks

ajnabicancer

Apr 10, 2014
hi thanks for your reply, really appreciate it :)
uhm another question. can you give a list of things i cant/should not freeze? (like system ui) so if ever i try to freeze i can avoid them. thanks

I'm not an expert, but try searching forum/internet for it. there is a lot of information.

Here few links from this Forum.

LINK:- Disable Apps (Bloatware) to speed-up and stabilize!
LINK:- How to Remove Bloatware without Rooting
LINK:- [GUIDE] Disabling system/bloatware apps using temp root

Reactions: yodaryll94

yodaryll94

Jun 24, 2014
i just follow the guide in rooting my zenfone but after the reboot, in my phone says system failed returned to original (....)
my phone is in latest version v4.4.2 kitkat help me please

yodaryll94

Jun 24, 2014
i just follow the guide in rooting my zenfone but after the reboot, in my phone says system failed returned to original (....)
my phone is in latest version v4.4.2 kitkat help me please

Top Liked Posts