USB unlocking the skyrocket

Search This thread

yozh

Apr 23, 2006
Short Island
So Im trying to unlock my skyrocket and ATT is not letting me saying that device is excluaive etc....
I see on eBay, youtube etc... thay there is a way to unlock using some app via USB.

Is this real? Where can I find this with out paying?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

yozh

Apr 23, 2006
Short Island
This thread is about paid service, Im looking to do this for free. Why does this work on sg2 and not on skyrocket? Are you guys saying those ebay sales for usb unlocking is a scam?

yozh

Apr 23, 2006
Short Island
AT&T is evil. Check out this thread also. You can also wait 6-8 months, and AT&T SHOULD have an unlock code by then.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1599027

I think 6-8 months is a bit far fetched. They usually do 6-8 after release, which we are approaching. I guess Ill keep trying with ATT. I tought we can do the USB unlocking like the sg2 and like the sites are offering paid service.

latinohot

I think 6-8 months is a bit far fetched. They usually do 6-8 after release, which we are approaching. I guess Ill keep trying with ATT. I tought we can do the USB unlocking like the sg2 and like the sites are offering paid service.

all we need is a dedicated dev to find the hidden files where the code lives, like they did on the galaxy s 4g, that was so easy i unlocked 5 of those in less than 1 hour, FREE.
So naturally when the galaxy came out, I tried the same way as in before but no luck the files are somewhere else and are very difficult to find

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=980157

yozh

Apr 23, 2006
Short Island
all we need is a dedicated dev to find the hidden files where the code lives, like they did on the galaxy s 4g, that was so easy i unlocked 5 of those in less than 1 hour, FREE.
So naturally when the galaxy came out, I tried the same way as in before but no luck the files are somewhere else and are very difficult to find

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=980157

Would be cool!

dvandam

Aug 11, 2010
Something to keep an eye on, although I doubt I'll have that much use for it. I'm not taking my Skyrocket to another carrier anytime soon.

yozh

Apr 23, 2006
Short Island
Ok so, after much fighting with regular ATT reps and speaking to managers, I got nowhere, but on Saturday I called 916 843 4685 which is the international department, 1 minute conversation basically I need unlock code, here is my IMEI and here is my email. Today I got the email with the code. DO NOT waste time with regular CS, call international department directly !

Reactions: distortion

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i can unlock these phones cheaply and safely (without screwing efs and sh!t).

contact me through pm if interested.

first 2 requests will get free unlocks

* i forgot to mention is by remote usb, 10 minutes maximum if you can follow simple instructions

Terrible service..... very slow speeds.

Terrible service..... very slow speeds.

That^

They are by far the worst provider I have ever dealt with.
    Ok so, after much fighting with regular ATT reps and speaking to managers, I got nowhere, but on Saturday I called 916 843 4685 which is the international department, 1 minute conversation basically I need unlock code, here is my IMEI and here is my email. Today I got the email with the code. DO NOT waste time with regular CS, call international department directly !
    I really don't get it.... People get a reasonably expensive phone... Presumably pay for a bunch of apps... But, they're apparently willing to risk frying / bricking their phones, with a "free / cheap" unlock procedure.... So what if it costs you $10-$20 to get the phone unlocked, if it's done properly....?

Sent from Down The Rabbit Hole, using Tapatalk 2.