Anyone heard of this one? Scratchs on screen?

Search This thread

bigpapax

Dec 1, 2011
I was over at the Verizon store yesterday doing something totally unrelated, when I pulled out my DNA TO READ a text and this (up to this point) salesperson, was doing quite well. He then tried to sell me a screen protecter, saying it was "critical I have one to protect my warranty." He went on to explain that if the phone is returned for warranty for any reason, that if they can see any, including extremely minor hard to see scratches, the warranty is NULL AND VOID. I told him THAT is the worst salespitch I have ever heard. He then proceded to try and find a minor scratch by looking at my screen in any angle and light (and couldn'tfind one). Said I was extremely lucky to have had this phone since launch day and not have any scratchs, and AGAIN tried to sell me a screen protecter. Huh???

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

bigpapax

Dec 1, 2011
I might add, that I am an extremely heavy (addicted) smartphone user (using phone all day for business and all night for personal use.) To this point, I have had 2 blackberry's, a fascinate, a nexus, and now DNA. Never had a screen protecter on any phone, and have had a few extremely (hard to detect) scratches over the years. (told him THAT and he is telling me I am the luckiest guy in town). I am still laughing.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
Even though this is gorilla glass 2 it can still scratch, obviously it's harder to scratch but I feel safer with one on and have always had screen protectors on mine and sometines they save large scratches from happening. The ones at verizon suck as they don't cover the entire screen but I think having one is a nice added later of protection. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Jrocker23

Mar 7, 2010
Staten Island, NY
Even though this is gorilla glass 2 it can still scratch, obviously it's harder to scratch but I feel safer with one on and have always had screen protectors on mine and sometines they save large scratches from happening. The ones at verizon suck as they don't cover the entire screen but I think having one is a nice added later of protection. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

The droid dna protectors cover the whole screen except for the camera and sensor cutouts...

atishpatel2012

Jan 23, 2013
That is a pretty bad sales pitch but he was just doing his job so meh. screen protectors are something i don't like so will avoid unless seriously convinced other wise

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
I can speak first hand that the screen definitely scratches (i have about 6 or so). That being said, it did withstand a face down drop from about 2 feet.