Towelroot work??

Search This thread

cnotes2019

Nov 6, 2012
I know outside of Att note 3 it hasn't been confirmed to work but wondering if anyone tried it on other note devices? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outlaw420

Mar 9, 2011
Used it installed safestrap and when it reboots get the unlock symbol on the boot screen

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

s_brethauer

May 17, 2011
Works fine on my device. For the unlock symbol, download latest SU and updated binaries. That will go away.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ParDema

Oct 13, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Definitely works for getting root. Rooted, installed SuperSU, Xposed, SafeStrap all successfully. Now struggling to get a rom to work (tried Eclipse & Hyperdrive). Both say they install successfully via SafeStrap and then hangs on boot up. I've seen one other post on the Eclipse thread for the same problem, so it might be something to keep an eye on.

lazygregg

Apr 23, 2014
re

i have root access verified w/root checker

downloaded v1.99r4.zip and installed it

when i open it it asks for me to update binary and it fails installation

any ideas or workarounds??

exaltedgod

Nov 5, 2013
i've done that multiple times...

reran towelroot, it reboots phone..open supersu the version that i downloaded earlier from the website and try to download supersu binary and it fails

I seem to be in the same boat as well. Things I have tried and it still does not work:

Installed Play Store Edition
Installed 1.99r4
Installed 1.99r5

All of them are saying I need to update binaries. While I am technically rooted and can grant permissions to apps, I need to get into SuperSU so I can modify some settings.

There are several others have issues on Reddit as well, so its not a couple of people. :)

Dc4479

May 2, 2012
I seem to be in the same boat as well. Things I have tried and it still does not work:

Installed 1.99r4
Installed 1.99r5

All of them are saying I need to update binaries. While I am technically rooted and can grant permissions to apps, I need to get into SuperSU so I can modify some settings.

There are several others have issues on Reddit as well, so its not a couple of people. :)

Try this. Install safestrap 3.7x. Open it, give su permission, install recovery, hit the home button. Open supersu, update binary thru cwm/twrp. Don't click to reboot phone into recovery from supersu. Hold down home and bring safestrap back up. Reboot to recovery from there and it should update the binary. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: exaltedgod

exaltedgod

Nov 5, 2013
Try this. Install safestrap 3.7x. Open it, give su permission, install recovery, hit the home button. Open supersu, update binary thru cwm/twrp. Don't click to reboot phone into recovery from supersu. Hold down home and bring safestrap back up. Reboot to recovery from there and it should update the binary. Hope this helps.

This is being very peculiar. After I installed Safe Strap, SuperSU went fine, able to get in and do what I needed to get done. I reboot into recovery. Made a backup, and rebooted system. Went right to SuperSU again. And the same issue occurs, constantly asking for updated binaries. I am trying everyone once more to make it all work. If not, then I will just stick with what I have and hopefully it doesn't cause any other issues.

Thank you for the help thus far. :good:

pmt223

May 1, 2013
Kingston, NY
This is being very peculiar. After I installed Safe Strap, SuperSU went fine, able to get in and do what I needed to get done. I reboot into recovery. Made a backup, and rebooted system. Went right to SuperSU again. And the same issue occurs, constantly asking for updated binaries. I am trying everyone once more to make it all work. If not, then I will just stick with what I have and hopefully it doesn't cause any other issues.

Thank you for the help thus far. :good:

Yeah I just did all this last night...I installed SafeStrap and installed Recovery, then went into SuperSU and clicked Normal when asking for updating Binaries and it hasnt asked again thankfully. All of this of course was after installing BusyBox from the Play Store.

Note though: Safestrap isnt working for flashing roms just yet, just like someone else said here, and someone else said this in the Jasmine Rom forum. I just tried it myself and everything looks fine when installing, but then when you boot up, screen goes black and unresponsive after the SS splash screen on a reboot. Hopefully we have an update to SS soon. Fair warning - make sure you create a backup of your System/Data, etc in SS before messing around...it makes it so much easier to restore in case something screws up.

emtownsend

Feb 7, 2008
Yeah I just did all this last night...I installed SafeStrap and installed Recovery, then went into SuperSU and clicked Normal when asking for updating Binaries and it hasnt asked again thankfully. All of this of course was after installing BusyBox from the Play Store.

Note though: Safestrap isnt working for flashing roms just yet, just like someone else said here, and someone else said this in the Jasmine Rom forum. I just tried it myself and everything looks fine when installing, but then when you boot up, screen goes black and unresponsive after the SS splash screen on a reboot. Hopefully we have an update to SS soon. Fair warning - make sure you create a backup of your System/Data, etc in SS before messing around...it makes it so much easier to restore in case something screws up.

So, can someone enlighten me on what this "root" does? I've been running SafeStrap 3.72 with HyperROM 8 and just yesterday, successfully installed Towelroot on my Verizon Note 3. I downloaded the new SU to my SDcard before running Towelroot and was able to run it immediately after root and all looks good. But... what did I actually gain? Can I now install Cyanogen or others? I am a bit fuzzy on the difference, if any, on a rooted phone vs. an unlocked bootloader. Those of us on the Verizon retail Note 3 still don't have unlocked bootloaders do we? I miss the ease of playing with my old S3! LOL. Thanks!

pmt223

May 1, 2013
Kingston, NY
So, can someone enlighten me on what this "root" does? I've been running SafeStrap 3.72 with HyperROM 8 and just yesterday, successfully installed Towelroot on my Verizon Note 3. I downloaded the new SU to my SDcard before running Towelroot and was able to run it immediately after root and all looks good. But... what did I actually gain? Can I now install Cyanogen or others? I am a bit fuzzy on the difference, if any, on a rooted phone vs. an unlocked bootloader. Those of us on the Verizon retail Note 3 still don't have unlocked bootloaders do we? I miss the ease of playing with my old S3! LOL. Thanks!

No, you dont gain an unlocked bootlader. At this point, only the Almighty will make that happen lol. For us with Verizon Notes (and some others), this helps the folks who either a) dont want to use Kingo or the other web methods, and b) folks who were on stock 4.4.2 NC4, like from an OTA (like me). This now gave me root, where when the OTA came out people were fearing there would never be a root for it (thanks to everyone else who put monies towards a bounty). Many people as well as myself cannot use SafeStrap successfully to fully flash a rom yet (you'll see this remarked in a lot of places), so Im sure there is an update forthcoming. In the meantime, I can use TB and freeze/uninstall a lot of the bloatware crap, and use Xposed for whatever else, which is fine by me. But no, we are still a no-go on full rooting and unlocked bootladers like on some other phones, which means no CyanogenMod, etc.

Reactions: emtownsend

emtownsend

Feb 7, 2008
No, you dont gain an unlocked bootlader. At this point, only the Almighty will make that happen lol. For us with Verizon Notes (and some others), this helps the folks who either a) dont want to use Kingo or the other web methods, and b) folks who were on stock 4.4.2 NC4, like from an OTA (like me). This now gave me root, where when the OTA came out people were fearing there would never be a root for it (thanks to everyone else who put monies towards a bounty). Many people as well as myself cannot use SafeStrap successfully to fully flash a rom yet (you'll see this remarked in a lot of places), so Im sure there is an update forthcoming. In the meantime, I can use TB and freeze/uninstall a lot of the bloatware crap, and use Xposed for whatever else, which is fine by me. But no, we are still a no-go on full rooting and unlocked bootladers like on some other phones, which means no CyanogenMod, etc.

Ah. Got it. Thanks!
* I successfully used SafeStrap to install HyperROM 8 on slot 1 only, so I had to lose my stock ROM, but I'm OK with that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Installed 1.99r4
    Installed 1.99r5

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium HD app