running cyanogenmod but now cant get into recovery?

Search This thread

nickone

Mar 31, 2009
I successfully flashed cyanogenmod 11x last night. I followed the steps and everything works great! The phone boots fine, all features work ok. I had a slight issue of it hanging on the CM logo, but I powered down, booted to hboot > factory reset, and it booted up fine the second time.

Strangely, I don't seem to be able to get into recovery any more? if I go into hboot > recovery it just boots CM. I tried flashing the recovery again using fastboot, as I did when first installing CM, but it still doesn't work. Next I installed Rom Manager, installed the latest CWM, and rebooting into it from there - Still doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
I successfully flashed cyanogenmod 11x last night. I followed the steps and everything works great! The phone boots fine, all features work ok. I had a slight issue of it hanging on the CM logo, but I powered down, booted to hboot > factory reset, and it booted up fine the second time.

Strangely, I don't seem to be able to get into recovery any more? if I go into hboot > recovery it just boots CM. I tried flashing the recovery again using fastboot, as I did when first installing CM, but it still doesn't work. Next I installed Rom Manager, installed the latest CWM, and rebooting into it from there - Still doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

first of all rom manager not work for our device. Second when you flash recovery after this erase cache and rom manager don't flash the boot.img

nickone

Mar 31, 2009
--Flash the preferred (touch / non-touch) HTC One X (GSM) recovery image from http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager via Fastboot
--DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET
--Copy GApps and the CM 11.0 zip to your SD card
--Boot into Recovery
--Flash the CM 11.0 zip from SD card
--Flash GApps for KitKat from SD card
--Flash the boot.img included in the CM 11.0 zip via Fastboot
--Reboot

So here is what I did. (This is from the official Cm thread)

Your saying I shouldn't have flashed boot.IMG like it says to in the instructions?

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
--Flash the preferred (touch / non-touch) HTC One X (GSM) recovery image from http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager via Fastboot
--DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET
--Copy GApps and the CM 11.0 zip to your SD card
--Boot into Recovery
--Flash the CM 11.0 zip from SD card
--Flash GApps for KitKat from SD card
--Flash the boot.img included in the CM 11.0 zip via Fastboot
--Reboot

So here is what I did. (This is from the official Cm thread)

Your saying I shouldn't have flashed boot.IMG like it says to in the instructions?

no you must install the boot.img via fastboot but go in fastboot and run the command fastboot erase cache and after this try to go in to recovery