Slimkat install

Search This thread

mr_cj

Oct 21, 2012
Spokane
Anyone have specific install instructions for slim kat on targa? Do I need a specific version of ss, do I need to install on slot 1? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

mr_cj

Oct 21, 2012
Spokane
Well I got no replies, but I went ahead and updated safestrap to 3.65, and installed on slot 1. It is working well.

Bully for You!:)

Well I got no replies, but I went ahead and updated safestrap to 3.65, and installed on slot 1. It is working well.

Well, then. That's better than I got on my Bionic. CyanFox, CM11, or SlimKat(current) would not even breathe on slot 1.
Any other slot, and I was golden.
Yep, test, play, tweak, or wreck.....blow that slot up and go at it again.

kschang

Dec 11, 2010
San Francisco, CA
It works now. Did the AOSP WiFi Fix (check the CM11 topic)

I personally recommend updating to 3.72 safestrap. I was getting errors flashing JBX Kernel until I did that (correctly).

awodzenski

Jul 4, 2011
Was anyone able to download the new update? I keep getting a server error.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

deduct

Aug 27, 2013
roms

Its good to see people still flashing custom ROMs on their bionics. I still have my bionic and its going as strong as ever. My son uses it and he loves it.

soldier9599

Feb 8, 2013
I installed Slimkat and I can't get past the loading screen. It just keeps flashing the Slimkat logo over and over indefinitely.

soldier9599

Feb 8, 2013
Alright, I fixed the problem. I made the mistake of using the old bootstrap to install Slimkat, so I wound up with a bricked device. Even the recovery was wiped out so I thought I was screwed. I did some digging and figured it out over the course of a few hours...

I downloaded the latest firmware for the Bionic and tried installing them in the command line while the phone was in fastboot. The img files supposedly loaded successfully, but I still couldn't get into recovery to finalize the system installation. Luckily I discovered RSD 5.6. It worked except there were a few problems in the xml file within the firmware, so I had to take out both lines that had "oem" in them to get it to finish.

After that my Bionic was brought back to factory stock condition. I rooted using the Safe Root command line tool, installed Safestrap 3.73, and flashed Slimkat. It worked great!

If you're having similar issues and I didn't give enough info just let me know and I'll try to help.