[Q] Bricked? Stuck in HBOOT

Search This thread

olieshmade

Feb 25, 2014
Trying my hardest to flash my HTC One X back to stock in order to sell it, but am hitting brick walls (pun not intended) all over the place. I tried to install the RUU earlier, but it failed as the version I have is newer than the version it was installing, and with S-On seeminlgy it won't ignore that fact.

After this process failed, the phone has been stuck in a Hboot loop, no matter what i choose it reboots constantly to hboot. The phone is hardy gaining charge even powered by mains, and as such i have been unable to unlock the phone again as yet, is that something i need to do before i can get any further?

My current plan as explained by someone on here is to flash a nandroid backup of my CID at stock, but to do that i need to somehow get the display to turn off and let the phone charge, and hopefully escape this boot loop.

Any help appreciated, as soon as i plug the usb cable in, the phone turns on into hboot with the BRIGHT white background and all the options, so uses quite a lot of power / gets quite hot

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Bootloader unlocked, flash this recovery asap !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqzlpqo8illa53j/Philz recovery 5.15.9.img

Enter it and put the phone on charge. Leave it alone, it will charge the battery while the phone sits in the recovery.

If the bootloader is relocked you unlock it by flashing the unlock code.bin file which you got from the HTC dev site the first time (maybe it's still in your email)

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app