Trident Aegis Case Review w/pics

Search This thread

wwr8bz

Apr 23, 2012
I have yet to try a case on my moto x for the first 8 months of having it. I don't like small slim cases because they add some bulk without adding really any protection beyond the cosmetic. I wanted a less bulky "full protection" type case that still had some good looks to it. The trident aegis is perfect! It has a nice looking profile (albeit different than the moto x) and protects the phone fully. It is a bit of a lint magnet because the corners are rubberized but it doesn't actually stick in my pocket too much. Haven't gotten tired of the additional bulk or weight and I don't have to worry about my phone anymore. I did botch the screen protector a little bit as the top is caught on the top lip so a small bubble there, but overall not too hard to apply. For $20 over on amazon it is a steal!!

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 791
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 714
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 687
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 700
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 717
  • photo6.jpg
    photo6.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 597

someguyatx

Feb 7, 2012
Louisville
Thanks for the pics that's not as bulky as I thought. Trident makes good cases, I have the Kraken for outdoor activities.

wwr8bz

Apr 23, 2012
I thought the same, but I actually don't miss it too much. It does have a rubber strip where the trident logo is which actually does much in the way of keeping the phone grounded on a table. I can now swipe text without it swinging about.

Although that may be due to the extra weight!

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Free mobile app

wwr8bz

Apr 23, 2012
Hmm can't say it feels especially different, it's not hard plastic resting right against your ear as the layer of rubber is just beneath it

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Free mobile app

Solutions Etcetera

Oct 7, 2012
Sierra Nevada (west slope)
I've had this case for a couple of months and like it a lot. My only issue is it is a bit of a pain to put on/take off, so I use my Incipio Dual Pro more regularly. Not quite as much protection, but close.

Note that I only use a case when I am out and know that it might get knocked about. If you keep a case on it regularly this would obviously not be an issue.

un1ocked

Sep 24, 2011
I love the recent kraken ams case, very tough, not like the old plastic version

Sent from my EVO using XDA Free mobile app