Rom Kitkat for Galaxy Fame

Search This thread

Laelson

Oct 22, 2013
www.facebook.com
Have long since emerged android 4.4.2 and no release for the Galaxy staff there Fame .. Help please! Some light on how to install an kitkat in Mobile?

Enviado de meu GT-S6810B usando Tapatalk

Reactions: SATANAS21

faizauthar12

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2014
Jakarta
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
OnePlus 7T
Have long since emerged android 4.4.2 and no release for the Galaxy staff there Fame .. Help please! Some light on how to install an kitkat in Mobile?

all of patch is going to samsung,another way is make a custom rom like @wulsic doing

about news Kitkat for another Samsung device is stuck on S3 (i think),cause the lastest news i read is ,new touchwhiz launcher cannot run correctly on S3 with 1 gb of ram,and we should patient cause when S3 is not have Kitkat ,and we too not have way ,cause we have 512 mb of ram

Note:
you can check the lastest firmware for fame on www.sammobile.com,and go to tab firmware

Reactions: Laelson

davexd97

Jun 16, 2013
When kitkat was released there were leaks that showed that Fame might get the update because it was supposed to support mid/low -end devices, but as we can see there are no updates.. i'll never get another samsung phone again, it's just my second and it's the last.

Laelson

Oct 22, 2013
www.facebook.com
When kitkat was released there were leaks that showed that Fame might get the update because it was supposed to support mid/low -end devices, but as we can see there are no updates.. i'll never get another samsung phone again, it's just my second and it's the last.
A guy there in forum CyanogenMod is working on CM10 and 11 "I am waiting for results. Believe we will soon have android 4.4.2 for kitkat Fame patience .. boy![emoji6]

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
A guy there in forum CyanogenMod is working on CM10 and 11 "I am waiting for results. Believe we will soon have android 4.4.2 for kitkat Fame patience .. boy![emoji6]

Well that guy is me :eek: lol but uhh Laelson we have some progress. The Recovery is now 6.0.4.9 and it now has support to flash kitkat based roms.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1u3mnq0nstfZnVSTDZpR0JKV2M/edit?usp=sharing

It still doesnt boot but its a kernel problem i believe that we need to fix it will take some time but yh so is life:angel:

Laelson

Oct 22, 2013
www.facebook.com
Well that guy is me :eek: lol but uhh Laelson we have some progress. The Recovery is now 6.0.4.9 and it now has support to flash kitkat based roms.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1u3mnq0nstfZnVSTDZpR0JKV2M/edit?usp=sharing

It still doesnt boot but its a kernel problem i believe that we need to fix it will take some time but yh so is life:angel:
I will apply the new recovery, and as the kernel? can not use another model? or must be the fame, only modified?

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
I will apply the new recovery, and as the kernel? can not use another model? or must be the fame, only modified?

Well i still need to make a good working kernel for the kitkat cm11 rom just be patient :angel: i also contacted somebody else who is working on almost the same thing as me but he is further so i asked for advice with the kernel since the source is also 4.1.2 or he also knows a bit wether which patches need to be applied cause it will be faster then that i need to find everything myself since i am not a real kernel dev xd.
But yeah you can try to flash it but yeah... Rom doesnt boot yet but i think before the summervacation it might boot, or yeah my summer vacation is started next week i thought or the week after idk:confused:

Farashto

Jul 3, 2014
Distrito Federal
Here...

Use this url, is in Spanish but, easy to understand (video inside). Any trouble, i'll glad to help. Hope this helps.

galaxyfame.jimdo.com/rom-kitkat-pro-by-c-s/

Regards.

Reactions: Laelson

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
Really, i don't know. I'm new in all this and learning every day.
Im not sure but i thought the guy in the video with that rom was using cwm 6.0.4.6 so... i thought that that version wasnt able to flash kitkat roms so yh.... I want to be 100% sure so im downloading itnow since guys with bad internet connection need to download hours to get the rom and i only around 3 minutes.

EDIT: Like i thought just 4.1.2 stock rom with kitkat theme a bit and edited settings to have more features and android version was 4.4.2 it said but in the fingerprint(Also for playstore neccesary) was 4.1.2)
The guy who made the rom has based it on the Latin stock rom 4.1.2(http://terafile.co/3395503ca6cc)

Last edited:

Laelson

Oct 22, 2013
www.facebook.com
Use this url, is in Spanish but, easy to understand (video inside). Any trouble, i'll glad to help. Hope this helps.

Regards.
I had installed the Deluxe C & S.. had a few mistakes but with GAPPS, could not be updated because they were modified .. then several applications not working (google+, hangouts, among others.) that these problems still there?

3dsxlboy

Dec 22, 2013
Dublin
And Kitkat is supposed to support low/mid - end devices? Probably Touchwiz but that explains how Google is able to release new versions of android and make them available as updates almost immediately on nexus devices. Im making a google kitkat experience rom but since no kitkat available for our device I have to use jelly bean as base. (Techno rom) Too complete it all I need is to change status bar and boot animation. And UI if possible because I'm new to making roms and this is my first. Any help is appreciated. :laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

all of patch is going to samsung,another way is make a custom rom like @wulsic doing

about news Kitkat for another Samsung device is stuck on S3 (i think),cause the lastest news i read is ,new touchwhiz launcher cannot run correctly on S3 with 1 gb of ram,and we should patient cause when S3 is not have Kitkat ,and we too not have way ,cause we have 512 mb of ram

Note:
    you can check the lastest firmware for fame on www.sammobile.com,and go to tab firmware
    Here...

Regards.

Im still busy with the kernel to make it good working to boot to cm11:D
    can i use s6810 rom in s6812 if not how can i use s6810 rom in s6812....

i think ,in this forum,you can find custom rom for S6812