[Q] [SOLVED] tab2 7", mouse via USB OTG, what rom/kernel?

Search This thread

rc87

Feb 3, 2014
Hello, I had a tab2 7" more than a year ago. I remember using mouse and other usb otg devices on it.
Then I sold it. I can't remember what rom was on it.

I remember usb otg notifications worked, telling something like "mouse is connected" etc

Now I got another one, it has custom rom installed but usb otg isn't working and was trying to figure out the new ROMs.
I tried lots of latest roms with no luck.
Kitkat ones are great, run smooth, but when I try to connect a mouse it doesn't work.

Then I read that on CM based roms native usb otg isn't working. One can browse usb pens with apps, but no luck with other devices.

I don't care about storage, I need mouse/keyb and other input devices working.

Do someone use USB mouse or keyboard? What rom/kernel?

I'm starting to think it could be ICS since it was soo much time ago? :confused:
Thanks,
Robert

Last edited:

bbugger

Jan 11, 2014
Hello, I had a tab2 7" more than a year ago. I remember using mouse and other usb otg devices on it.

I remember usb otg notifications worked, telling something like "mouse is connected" etc

Now I got another one, it has custom rom installed but usb otg isn't working and was trying to figure out the new ROMs.
Kitkat ones are great, run smooth, but when I try to connect a mouse it doesn't work.

Then I read that on CM based roms native usb otg isn't working. One can browse usb pens with apps, but no luck with other devices.

I'm starting to think it could be ICS since it was soo much time ago? :confused:
Thanks,
Robert

Mine is working perfectly smooth with Sungsonic ROM and Next Kernel.:good::good:

Reactions: rc87

rc87

Feb 3, 2014
Mine is working perfectly smooth with Sungsonic ROM and Next Kernel.:good::good:

Thank you. With that combo I was able to diagnose a fault in the otg cable.
Repaired it and it works, now I'll try the other roms.
Both usb wired mouse and storage works perfectly with Sungsonic ROM v7 and Next Kernel 2.1.6
:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks,
    Robert