E980 Keeps booting into CWM Recovery

Search This thread

LGPRO

Jun 22, 2014
I have the stock rom/kernel installed on my phone after being on CM11 for a while. The process worked fine and I have been on stock LG for about 2 weeks. This morning, I turned on my phone and it came up with a notification saying I can update the phone to a newer version. I clicked okay and it turned off into Clockwork Mod Recovery. It didn't update, and after waiting about 3 minuted I just went ahead and clicked on re-boot device. It showed the LG logo and then did the color rotation on the home button. Then it showed up Clockwork Mod Recovery again. So after rebooting and clearing user data, cache, and dalvik cache. The phone still boots into recovery. Please help! :mad::crying::(

Last edited:

luisoman2000

Jul 4, 2012
I have the stock rom/kernel installed on my phone after being on CM11 for a while. The process worked fine and I have been on stock LG for about 2 weeks. This morning, I turned on my phone and it came up with a notification saying I can update the phone to a newer version. I clicked okay and it turned off into Clockwork Mod Recovery. It didn't update, and after waiting about 3 minuted I just went ahead and clicked on re-boot device. It showed the LG logo and then did the color rotation on the home button. Then it showed up Clockwork Mod Recovery again. So after rebooting and clearing user data, cache, and dalvik cache. The phone still boots into recovery. Please help! :mad::crying::(

flash twrp, reboot(say yes when prompted to fix root). If still in bootloop after that you will need to flash a rom.

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
same thing happened to me, was up all night trying to fix it. the solution was to use lgflashtool and flash back to a totally stock rom and start over. sure hope it doesn't happen again.

zamajalo

Jun 22, 2014
I've tried to revert rooted 4.1.2 with CWM via LG Mobile Support tool, but I got completely unexpected result - phone was updated to KitKat, so you can try that variant too.

Never install OTA updates when using custom recovery, unless you want trouble. OTA needs stock recovery.

Trotter516

Jan 13, 2014
Cleveland, Tennessee

Been there, did that. I rooted and used FreeGee immediately after getting my OGP. Got a software update the next morning... BAM!

This is what you are looking for:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2302660

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
Flash TWRP via your current rewcovery then follow post #9 here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53631232

Be sure to install the recovery I mention.

I really hate this bootloop issue and am really sad to see all these posts about people bricking their phones or getting bootloops etc. :(
I'm not saying that people are stupid or careless, it's just that we need a whole new set of recoveries, tools, etc for Kitkat and don;t have what's needed without causing problems.
I really wish I was a developer. I'd create all this stuff myself if I could.

Last edited:
Reactions: zetret

hettab

Oct 15, 2010
fix

1 . dowload this rom fom the link
http://xdaforums.com/optimus-g-pro/development/sphinx-pro-t2823312
2 . put it on your externel sdcard
3 . wipe and flash the rom , it has aroma instaler
4 .shose you model at the end shose the stock recovery ,
5. power off the phone off
6 .inter download mode , volume down , home buton , power
7 . the phone will ask you if you want to factory reset say yes
the phone will reboot
use freegee for new recovery , and if i was you i will stick whit that rom
clic thanks if that help
if you dont want to lose you data tray skiping etap 6 and see how it go

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash TWRP via your current rewcovery then follow post #9 here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53631232

Be sure to install the recovery I mention.

I really hate this bootloop issue and am really sad to see all these posts about people bricking their phones or getting bootloops etc. :(
    I'm not saying that people are stupid or careless, it's just that we need a whole new set of recoveries, tools, etc for Kitkat and don;t have what's needed without causing problems.
    I really wish I was a developer. I'd create all this stuff myself if I could.