[Q] Xperia Arc debug mode not working?

Search This thread

cherryfish

May 5, 2011
Munich
Hi,

I just tried to setup the Arc as debug device, but it doesn't seem to work.

May app is declared "debuggable" (I already tested it on an LG Optimus Speed) and the "USB Debugging" option on my Arc is turned on.

I also did install the driver from here.

Now, if I connect the Phone with my PC (running Windows XP), it shows up in the connected hardware section as "Sony Ericsson sa0102 ADB Interface Driver" and my phone tells me it's "connected for USB-debugging".

However, I can't find it, not with "adb devices" nor with Eclipse > "run on target" option.

Has anyone got this working so far?

Kind regards,
cherryfish

Edit: maybe someone can move this to the developer forum, I can't post there yet.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2010
Switzerland
install and reboot

After installing the special device driver you mentioned, installing the SE packs from the “SDK Manager” and rebooting the PC it worked.

But it put down SE even further down the line of potential next devices. So much unnecessary hassle.

cherryfish

May 5, 2011
Munich
Hi,

I should have come back to this thread...

My mistake actually was that I tried to do it the complicated way. What worked for me on more than one PC (Win 7, Win XP) later was:

- just plug in Xperia Arc via USB (debug mode turned on)
- wait (for the auto-install)
- happily see it working

Do I understand your post correctly that this didn't work for you?

Actually I was quite impressed how fluent and easy this was. I did the same procedure with an LG Optimus Speed and THAT was a hassle...!

Kind regards,
cherryfish