[TUTORIAL][CM11][4.4.2] FULLY WORKING CyanogenMod 11

Search This thread

dariokdg

Nov 12, 2013
Is it just me or the front camera does not work with the latest banks gapps (4.4.2) + panorama patch?

i get FC whenever i try to switch to the front camera and the only way to get the "camera" app to work again is deleting data from settings.. otherwise it wont start.

anyone else with this issue ?

gummybear00

Jul 8, 2012
Thanks for the non-working tutorial guys. Both roms give: set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed E:Error in /tmp/update.zip (Status 7)

Now I have no OS on my phone and will have fiddle a way to sideload the stock rom. This is why iPhones crush android phones in sales and profitability.

dandemonic

Nov 29, 2012
Adelaide
Thanks for the non-working tutorial guys. Both roms give: set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed E:Error in /tmp/update.zip (Status 7)

Now I have no OS on my phone and will have fiddle a way to sideload the stock rom. This is why iPhones crush android phones in sales and profitability.

What version number and type of recovery are you using?

sent via my CM11 Gnex

Suxsem

May 14, 2010

Sorry but you didn't read the tutorial. First step is to install a new recovery that works with android kitkat. You can't just use your current recovery, you must update it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

thegidz

Jul 31, 2013
Sorry but you didn't read the tutorial. First step is to install a new recovery that works with android kitkat. You can't just use your current recovery, you must update it

It's actually possible to flash a ROM without installing a custom recovery. You just neet to use "fastboot boot custom-recovery.img". Been using that procedure to make nandroid backups of gnex back when I was still using stock Android.

Maybe put the flash recovery in between "wipe data" and "flash rom" to be more explicit.

And Btw, thanks for the guide. I was hesitating replacing stock Android with cm11 because of the reported camera issues. This guide convinced me to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suxsem

bigfoot1942

May 9, 2013
Just racked up 10 posts, so I should be able to post links now (whooo!)

from this article

Yeah that's the one, and just flash it in recovery. Didn't have to do the Nova Launcher trick either with the 12/15 FML rom. After flashing there were two Phone apps in the app drawer, and the second one worked for me :)

I never found a Google Dialer that works, is the one you refer to this one?

The google dialer that works is listed on the PA GAPPS thread as addon module.
I can confirm this dialer works 100%. Inbound call works using this dialer as well, and the hangup thing is working as expected.

Only thing is I have to reflash after updating my CM11 rom.

Sep 27, 2013
I use the 1223 build cm11 by playfulgod but the Panorama patch does still not work for me.
So I use the patch by Suxsem. The Panorama now works :good:

But now the video recording becomes not working
Once I turn to video recording, it shows black screen.Then I relaunch the camera app, it shows "Cant connect to the camera":crying:

Suxsem

May 14, 2010
I use the 1223 build cm11 by playfulgod but the Panorama patch does still not work for me.
So I use the patch by Suxsem. The Panorama now works :good:

But now the video recording becomes not working
Once I turn to video recording, it shows black screen.Then I relaunch the camera app, it shows "Cant connect to the camera":crying:

Try to reflash ROM, gapps, Google camera and panorama fix wiping system before starting :)

namelesske

Dec 25, 2010
www.dirtywindows.hu
"[*]Full GApps are so big. Will I have any space left over for my stuff after I install?
Full GApps will use LESS of your device's available storage than using a 'bare bones' GApps and downloading the apps from the Play Store. This is because GApps are installed entirely in the System partition, leaving the Data (User) partition for your non-Google apps. Since the System partition is a fixed size, installing GApps here uses storage that would otherwise be left unused (and unavailable for other use)."

Its not true. After some time full gapps will use twice as much space, X in the system and X in the user data after new versions from play store.

Suxsem

May 14, 2010
"
[*]Full GApps are so big. Will I have any space left over for my stuff after I install?
Full GApps will use LESS of your device's available storage than using a 'bare bones' GApps and downloading the apps from the Play Store. This is because GApps are installed entirely in the System partition, leaving the Data (User) partition for your non-Google apps. Since the System partition is a fixed size, installing GApps here uses storage that would otherwise be left unused (and unavailable for other use)."

Its not true. After some time full gapps will use twice as much space, X in the system and X in the user data after new versions from play store.

But the X in the system will be wasted anyway... And there is a chance that some apps will be never updated in market so full gapps are always a better choice (if you actually use all Google apps) in my opinion :)

Anyway merry Xmas! :)

Mstevens528

May 3, 2011
New York
Try to reflash ROM, gapps, Google camera and panorama fix wiping system before starting :)

Just a question, kinda new to this and I have unofficial cm11 from playfulgod installed, will I have to flash everything again in order to get face unlock or can I just download the zip and just flash it without having to re flash everything else? Best option would be good, thanks in advance

Suxsem

May 14, 2010
Just a question, kinda new to this and I have unofficial cm11 from playfulgod installed, will I have to flash everything again in order to get face unlock or can I just download the zip and just flash it without having to re flash everything else? Best option would be good, thanks in advance

In this particular scenario you can just flash face unlock :)

aaron13

Feb 9, 2013
@Suxsem th for the tutorial but I have a question.
Do you know why cm11 takes longer to charge?
And is anything known about battery usage with Art in combination with the performance settings purging of assets an kernek samepage merging?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

EruMiNaTE

Dec 25, 2013
hay i have some problem. yesterday i updated CM11 after that i try to edit softkey with many methods but the problem is camera force close why?
:crying::crying::crying::crying:

EruMiNaTE

Dec 25, 2013
Flash the right gapps, this should do the trick

i used this rom 4 weeks ago don't have this problem and gapp just flash after flash rom right ?
i think after updated don't need to flash again

Screenshot_2013-12-25-18-46-25.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now we have a fully working (?) cm11... the problem is that there are a lot of gapps packages and no one is "the final" one...

The point is, why we must release updated gapps every time google release new stuff... when there are other people that are already doing that? :D
    The answer is: gapps packages for other phones break panorama on maguro
    So I think that would be a good thing if I create a zip package with ONLY GOOGLE CAMERA for maguro. And i created it, picking the necessary files from dhacker29 (thanks!) 20131207 gapps.

So... WHAT DO YOU NEED to have a fully working cm11?
    = recommended

1) ROM
    2) GAPPS
    3) KERNEL (optional)
    4) PANORAMA AND MMS VIDEO FIX

INSTALL IN THIS ORDER:
    • READ NOTES BELOW
    • WIPE DATA IF YOU ARE NOT YET ON CM11
    • FLASH ROM
    • FLASH GAPPS
    • FLASH KERNEL (optional)
    • FLASH FIX PACKAGE

NOTES
    • If you get errors while flashing be sure to be on latest recovery... you can use this one: TWRP
    • Not all gapps packages include Google camera! (for example Nexus 5 Core gapps doesn't include it)
      If you have chosen a gapps package that doesn't include it, you can download it from here and flash after gapps: Nexus 5 Google camera
    • If you need Face unlock feature download it from here and flash after gapps: Nexus 5 Face unlock
    • Fix package must be last to flash because some kernels include files that would overwrite the fixed ones

that's it. you will not have any more problems with sound search, panorama, face unlock, play store, ecc ecc... and all this stuff is compatible with ART.

most important thing: I didn't test all this really deep. I just tested with a limited types of configurations (didn't tested with pa gapps nor with cm gapps nor with different kernels ecc ecc), i only tested with PlayfulGod cm11, GApps Standard 4.4.1, mpokang kernel and ART... so please let me know if this works for you (and please test this with PA or CM gapps, also with ART)! :)
    BIG NEWS!

after a lot of try-fail i found the exact file that broke panorama! it's system/lib/libjni_mosaic.so

This has 2 benefits:
    • I have uploaded the new panorama fix v3 that includes only this file, and it's only 400kb!
    • Now we can use Nexus 5 Google camera (available in standard gapps or as separate package) and i think it's a little better!

Be sure to read the updated NOTES in first post :)

if anyone want to update just flash ROM > STANDARD GAPPS > FIX > KERNEL without any wipe
    enjoy!

oh, and i will ask paranoidandroid gapps maintainer to include this file in their gapps so maybe in the future we can just flash their gapps without any fix :)
    I would prefer a minimalistic Gapps package having only those apps which are not available on the Play Store.

you can use
    GApps Core 4.4.1
    20 MB-
    Basic syncing stuff-
    Playstore-
    from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2012857

don't forget to flash my fix after that to have panorama working :)
    You've made a good start by fixing screenshot glitch..... Wish u luck for such further development!! :)

i was jocking about new to android development, i was very active in Acer Liquid development :p but i'm still new to galaxy nexus, so thanks! :D
    does that gapps have the google retore (wifi networks and such ) ?

i'm almost sure that yes! anyway if you can test and report here :) thanks