Michley 900 root?

Search This thread

phoenixfriend

Jun 5, 2012
My sister bought a michley 900 used from BrandsMart not too long ago and she tried to install Constant Guard from comcast and it won't allow saying it's rooted. I've not rooted it nor has my nephew and they aren't versed enough.

I've found no root method online. There isn't a super user app installed and I've run a root checker and a have fx file explorer with root add on installed and can edit at the root level.

Could it be that this tablet isn't locked down? Any ideas?

Lgrootnoob

Oct 1, 2012
Dallas
My sister bought a michley 900 used from BrandsMart not too long ago and she tried to install Constant Guard from comcast and it won't allow saying it's rooted. I've not rooted it nor has my nephew and they aren't versed enough.

I've found no root method online. There isn't a super user app installed and I've run a root checker and a have fx file explorer with root add on installed and can edit at the root level.

Could it be that this tablet isn't locked down? Any ideas?

Try framaroot. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130276

If that doesn't work then try the tool in my signature.
It comes with a root command.

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
most of the time with these generic tablets they come prerooted, i dont think you can remove it (unless you know what your doing) but if you want to take ahold of it download superSU or Superuser from the martket.

phoenixfriend

Jun 5, 2012
Our posts came in seconds apart. I have since installed SuperSU. She was trying to install some security suite apps available through her Internet provider and it wouldn't let her due to it being rooted.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
Our posts came in seconds apart. I have since installed SuperSU. She was trying to install some security suite apps available through her Internet provider and it wouldn't let her due to it being rooted.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

like i said i dont think theres a way to unbrick it on generic tablets, i think you can try to unroot via superSU or Superuser, one of them has the option i think and you might be able to find a apk for security suite that gets rid of the root checker or whatever its doing.