Appointment reminder bubble not showing after softreset

Search This thread

clandestino_usr

Feb 23, 2007
Hello all,

I dug into a few WinMo boards, including this one, but couldn't come close to what keeps bugging me. I think I'll give it a try, so mods please accept apologies if this is a repost or if this has been asked before.

I heavily rely on my calendar to remind me of all the stuff I need to remember. In the "sounds & notifications" options, I've set the reminders to play some wav, to vibrate the phone and to display a notification bubble.

The issue is the following: sound & vibrate work fine, but as soon as I perform a soft-reset, the notification bubbles don't show anymore, even if the "display message" option is checked in the settings. I get the little bell icon in the top bar, and from there I can click on it in the HTC action screen to open the bubble, but it doesn't pop up automatically unless I go back to the settings, uncheck the option and save, then go again in the settings, check the option and save.

I tried to clean up the notification queue with SKTools, but it didn't changed anything. I'm pretty sure this bug wasn't present when I bought the phone, about 4 months ago. Is there any tweak or reg hack that would help me circumvent this very nasty annoyance, or should I hopelessly head for an hard-reset ?

Thanks in advance for any help one can bring.

Last edited:

chris5304

Dec 9, 2004
It isn't a tf3d issue, I run a ROM wihtout tf3d and it still occurs. Works fine for a while and then the display bubble stops popping up.

I've tried galarm as a third party alarm solution but this must rely on the system popup to give it focus because the same thing happens.

Very irritating, affects me when my wakeup alarm goes off and I have to mess around for ages to get it to cease.

eaglesteve

Apr 7, 2007
Sydney
Are you using wktask ? If so, it is being hidden by it. In your preference under the first tab, check the option for hide the task list when there is no task.

chris5304

Dec 9, 2004
Are you using wktask ? If so, it is being hidden by it. In your preference under the first tab, check the option for hide the task list when there is no task.

No, although I have used it in the past and it is a very good task manager. Seems to be the settings under sounds & notifications for reminders which revert to unticked "display on screen". I tick it again and it is OK for a few days then it "unticks" itself. Weird. I am using Wisbar Advance Desktop 2 but I can't see that this should affect it.

Yorkshiretaff

Aug 1, 2008
other problems with bubble...

Hi,

I'm having the same problem as above on my Touch Pro 2, but also, if the reminder includes a '&' it shows as a '_' in the bubble. A bit of an ASCII problem maybe?

If HTC is watching, the reminder bubble integration into TF3D has gained us problems and removed the ability to snooze the alarm... not really an improvement.

Problem I have, is that if HTC supply a fix at the ROM level (as with the GPS and SMS fixes) Vodafone won't take it up for months, if ever.

Cheers

YT

Last edited:

vramu1

Jun 17, 2008
I have figured it out the Alarm & calendar notifications issue. These settings will display Alarm & calendar notifications on screen with out clicking the little bell on top of the screen all the time.

Go to Menu --> settings --> Sounds & Notifications under “Personal” tab --> select “Events” under Sounds tab then --> go to “Notifications” tab --> select “Reminders” option from drop-down list for Event field --> Select “Display message on screen” and then click OK on top of the window.
You can select other number of options from drop-down menu to display the notifications.

Hope this will solve most people’s notification issue.

Last edited: