WM6 + Wifi - WPA+TKIP

Search This thread
I have a wifi router at my office - Netgear, I am using WPA-TKIP as security options, the problem i am facing is - i have setup a passphrase on the router, but on phone, it just asks for network key, i need a way to enter a pass phrase, are there any updates to wifi for WM6 which can help me to get out of this situation?

I cannot change my existing WIFI settings on router, my other machines and devices are using the same configuration and now if i change it to WEP or something else, i will have to upload all other machines.

I cannot move to an open system as well.

please help

spaxxilein

Jun 12, 2007
Hamburg
wpa without wpa-psk wont protect your network from being used by other ppl. i suggest u to choose wpa-psk (pre-shared-key). u choose a password and it is easy to setup for the other clients on your wireless lan. just enter password one time on the other clients and they are online. and wpa-psk works with wm6. greetz spaxxi

mrmond

Jul 16, 2007
Where it says Network Key is where you enter the passphrase as used on your router.
On my SPV E650 (vox) I have WPA-PSK with data encryption set to TKIP
Use IEE 802.1x network access control box ticked and EAP type as smart card or certificate.
Also I have set networks to access as All available but on my netgear under wirless settings I have set up enable access list with the mac of the phone (which you can get from connection settings or with wirless on the phone switched on the router should detect the mac from phone broadcast which you can then accept as a trusted station.
This means only my phone can connect to the router even though my ssid is broadcast.
Hope that helps.

MrMond

aboutthemind

Mar 18, 2007
los angeles
the sip client you have works

w pa-st k is the best most efficient way to run and your net gear has 3 different ways in but the paraphrase is fine. use the para phrase where it says key go right through it, if i recall the client has ports but ur going direct you dont need it. Your just and to log into your router regular client is for web based app go right at the router use wififofum and then just make sure your sip is on meaning registry is live dont worry about the settings. Let me try to make sense all next ell are voip just an ip i don't care what anyone says. your do not need a web based sip just leave the sip alone but try activating it remember it a phone turn it on but 1 thing give out static ips u will succeed. static wpa-stk intra net ur just taking to the device no need for any barriers. you could hook up computer up slap head phones and a mic in the analog jacks from the 80's and you have no succeeded in ? Voip. all that matters is the router is set right and sees only you for the duration of your call. Most likely wil end up turning that whit wpn8xxx into a access point have fun don't ask. But it only took me 3 hours to realize i left to come back into my office for what a paid for call. And the day wireless is everywhere i will be a lan expert.

ciao good luck don't orry just look at it and you will see what makes sense.