[APN] New ATT APN for 4g phones

Search This thread

samcripp

Retired Recognized Developer
May 20, 2010
Sanford
this is the same apn that everyone already has...

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

The previous Phone apn was configre for data, creating 3 other configs to deal with tether and mmsc and nat ip. with this new apn 2 of those are combine, and now is only missing the tether apn. this is a new config for the apn.

anyone having issues with apps like gosms handling images are prob not gonna have them anymore thanks to this new config.

look inside your apns before making claims!

xyrovice

Dec 21, 2009
Manhattan
I'm excited...and confused:

Is this supposed to fix (specifically) MMS problems with certain apps (GoSMS)?

If I set this up and use it, is this APN "fully functional"?

Should I bother?

xfinrodx

Jul 26, 2010
Spokane
Quadrupled my speeds! I now have fiber optic business line speeds to my phone!!!

...Or not. ;) This works just fine for me. I think it's pretty much the same for me speed-wise, though it does feel like the network responds a bit quicker. Can I get a "PLACEEEEEEEBOOOOOO" chorus? :rolleyes: I'll use it and see if AT&T thinks I'm tethering or some other hot topic. I had no complaints previously, but I see no reason not to use this.

(Thanks for the info!!)

Spectre51

Quadrupled my speeds! I now have fiber optic business line speeds to my phone!!!

...Or not. ;) This works just fine for me. I think it's pretty much the same for me speed-wise, though it does feel like the network responds a bit quicker. Can I get a "PLACEEEEEEEBOOOOOO" chorus? :rolleyes: I'll use it and see if AT&T thinks I'm tethering or some other hot topic. I had no complaints previously, but I see no reason not to use this.

(Thanks for the info!!)

You can send mms messages just fine using it?

Sent from my MB860

dLo GSR

Mar 7, 2011
Los Angeles
both the normal "phone" and "wap.cingular" apn work fine for me, MMS, data, everything. the only time I switch is for tethering.