[Q] [Question] No APN settings Optimus Hub on CM7.2

Search This thread

Jar3112

Aug 20, 2011
Vicenza
Hi everybody! I searched for more than one week about this, but I couldn't find a real solution....
I tried installing CyanogenMod on my friend's Optimus Hub, and I dramatically faced what someone called the "Funny SIM" problem: in simple words, it is impossible to save APNs, and so data connection is not available.
This, as my research suggested, is a compatibility problem between Hub's CyanogenMod and some SIM cards, the 128k ones. In fact, using a 64k sim made APN and data connection instantly work.
The problem is that my friend's telephone company told him that he can't keep his number downgrading to a 64k SIM, so he would have to change his number in order to have 3g/H working, and that would be a big issue to him.

My searches led me to this thread http://forum.xda-dev....php?t=1444328.

This is about Optimus One, and the problem seems to be the same, but the flashable zips in the thread seem to SOLVE their problem.
I downloaded and opened the "Funny-SIM-Fix-OldBB" .zip and had a look at the changes it made:
It replaced some libs and made modifications to build.prop.
I am not very expert in this, but tried replacing CM libs with the stock ones, using the names contained in the .zip I previously downloaded to locate them and then rebooted but nothing changed. APN were the same.

So, Is there someone who tried something else, or is willing to try now?

Thank you for your attention!

minuteman_x

Jun 23, 2009
-Stuttgart-
Hi everybody! I searched for more than one week about this, but I couldn't find a real solution....
I tried installing CyanogenMod on my friend's Optimus Hub, and I dramatically faced what someone called the "Funny SIM" problem: in simple words, it is impossible to save APNs, and so data connection is not available.
This, as my research suggested, is a compatibility problem between Hub's CyanogenMod and some SIM cards, the 128k ones. In fact, using a 64k sim made APN and data connection instantly work.
The problem is that my friend's telephone company told him that he can't keep his number downgrading to a 64k SIM, so he would have to change his number in order to have 3g/H working, and that would be a big issue to him.

My searches led me to this thread http://forum.xda-dev....php?t=1444328.

This is about Optimus One, and the problem seems to be the same, but the flashable zips in the thread seem to SOLVE their problem.
I downloaded and opened the "Funny-SIM-Fix-OldBB" .zip and had a look at the changes it made:
It replaced some libs and made modifications to build.prop.
I am not very expert in this, but tried replacing CM libs with the stock ones, using the names contained in the .zip I previously downloaded to locate them and then rebooted but nothing changed. APN were the same.

So, Is there someone who tried something else, or is willing to try now?

Thank you for your attention!
Hello
For my LG Optimus Hub e510 I tried the cm 7-9-10 mods.

All with the same effect
in case "APN could NOT be written/saved to the phone" as described by many users.

OK - this prob is described as the "funny sim problem" shown in several forums.
Users worldwide with 128bit sim cards told about this damned effect.

2 "Funny Sim" fixes existing( as much I know).
An old version and a beta. Only result(for my LG E510) after flashing in recovery mod.
Freezing in the boot procedure.

State of facts is actually,there is no idea to change it proper.
That means, with an 128bit sim in your android all these MODS are "no goes" in case of mobile internet via provider.
As it looks? Is it so?

XXX andreas

Amaterasou

Aug 18, 2012
aw man so no solution for our hub? its been ages since it existed or are the cm devs not working on it any more? if yes does anyone know another good rom for the hub?