CM11 issues on SHV-E300

Search This thread

lunerceli

Nov 23, 2010
Ft. Hood, TX
The guys at Dokdo Project have working sound! but no phone calls as of yet. They seem pretty slow to update, I'm checking out their blogs, but still a no go as of yet.

It's all in korean, but if you want to give them a shot:
http://dokdo-project.com/

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

just another quick tip: Apparently in Korea they have usim (simcard) locks that prevent other models from calling,
You have to manually change the build.prop and change the ro.product.model= to whatever your model is, in my case:

ro.product.model=SHV-E300K

also, I think this might apply to other places in the build.prop as well, but haven't been able to go that far.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

just another quick tip: Apparently in Korea they have usim (simcard) locks that prevent other models from calling,
You have to manually change the build.prop and change the ro.product.model= to whatever your model is, in my case:

ro.product.model=SHV-E300K

also, I think this might apply to other places in the build.prop as well, but haven't been able to go that far.

I have been eating their dokdo project.. I downloaded it and had to change quite a bit of stuff to get it working. But the only have sound. No working calls or data. I provided the fix to them though. I currently have everything working except for calls. I have to fiddle with the ril wrapper a little bit.

Sent from my SHV-E300K using Tapatalk 2

eungholee2

Apr 9, 2011
I have been eating their dokdo project.. I downloaded it and had to change quite a bit of stuff to get it working. But the only have sound. No working calls or data. I provided the fix to them though. I currently have everything working except for calls. I have to fiddle with the ril wrapper a little bit.

Sweet :) looking forward to hearing from you again.
It's unfortunate that there aren't as many devs in the korean android market as there are abroad.I just saw your post on their facebook page! keep up the good work! :D

lunerceli

Nov 23, 2010
Ft. Hood, TX
Sweet :) looking forward to hearing from you again.
It's unfortunate that there aren't as many devs in the korean android market as there are abroad.I just saw your post on their facebook page! keep up the good work! :D

Yeah, I have tried to get in contact with them for a while now but they never answer though. I did how ever find out that they are not building from complete source. They are taking the i9500 source and changing a few values to match theirs and then taking out certain parts. They build the i9500 rom like normal, then after that they are just porting the rom like you see so many others do without putting in the work of doing it correctly. As fas as their working kernel goes, they are just using the stock kernel with a modified ramdisk. The reason that I know this is because I have built using their sources changing nothing and it wouldn't even boot. After that I switched back to my build and used their the kernel from their repository and got the same results. I know it isn't he way that I am doing things because I build using my trees and ramdisk and everything is good except for the sound and calling. Right now though I am out of the loop with building. I am currently moving back to thw states. Once I get back and get set up, then I will continue to build and try to bring it all to our device. Thank you for your support.

Freaky_Friday

Dec 11, 2008
Patiently waiting to test :D

You're my hero. I've been waiting for a CM port to throw on my SHV-E300K since I bought it a year ago... this Samsung interface is driving me batty.

intika

Dec 8, 2008
Hello,
Good to know that someone started working on an Original Rom :)
I got a E300K a week ago, i am willing to compile the kernel and may be port the I9500 afterward... any way @lunerceli we could work together to get something done if you still want to

Ler me know ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am developing CM11 for the Korean models of the S4. Right now I am currently running the build I just compiled. Here is a list of what is not working:

USB Storage : no /emulated/0/sdcard error when trying to mount or download anything not from play store.
    Video Camera
    Camera takes blank pictures : believe this is because of the storage issue
    No sound : we use the yamaha chipset
    Can't make or receive calls

I am trying to figure out how to fix the USB storage bug on my end but I think I am at a loss. As for the other issues, I think that just might be the kernel side of things, but not for sure. Can someone help me out with a little advice for some of these issues? Thanks.

Edit: I forgot to add that with not being able to make or receive calls, I do have data (2g, 3g, and LTE). So I really don't know what is going on.
    I've been dropping by here a lot lately hopeing for some updates~ anything new? :)
    btw, thanks for trying so! I know nothing on building, and yet its hopeful to see someone working on this!

None as of late I am afraid. I havent had much time to work on things. My system had crashed so I had to get back to where I was. Lol. I did however get the storage bug fixed, the mic can hear things but still cannot transmit sound. It is a pita working with this stupid yamaha dac. Hopefully soon though.

please add the ultra power saving mode as you can
    did you release cm11?
    There's a cm13 developed by a Korean team :)

http://www.kimcloud.kr/samsung/Galaxy S4/E300 CM13/

You need to flash this twrp (attached tar file) using is in

This rom is not made by me
    It is made by a dev called serenity