Cm9/ics for the droid 3 *** users thread ***

Search This thread

niko99

May 15, 2008
The beta is awesome! I'm loving it too

I somehow ended up with duplicated contacts though...I'm sitting here going through my contacts one by one deleting the duplicate. Does anyone know if there is a way to long press or select to delete a contact from the list, rather than having to go into the individual contact and then deleting it from the menu. It feels kind of painful to do it this way :confused:

1. sync your contact with gmail first (and export your contacts list to file if something go wrong)
2. on phone go to application menager, select all, and find "list of contacts"
3. click on "list of contact" and wipe/erase/clear data
4. now Login on your gmail.com mailbox account ,
4. then click on "contacts" and from menu "more" pickup "Find & merge duplicates" and push GO
5. sync your contacts once again should to help ya

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozguitar67

daimerion

Dec 5, 2009
Holts Summit, MO
Spirit FM does work. You have to go to settings and change an option to Motorola and you also have to have headphones or anything plugged in to the jack. There is an option to have sound come from speaker even with something plugged in. Works for me.

Sent from my XT862 using XDA App

Cheezhead19

Jan 7, 2012
Nova launcher wallpaper scrolling lags so bad... I gave up on it and just stick with no moving trebuchet...

Sent from my XT862 using XDA App

Ozguitar67

Dec 14, 2011
Pennsylvania
Has anyone gotten wallpaper scrolling to work? I don't know if this is related to any other issue.

I'm assuming this has to do with the launcher, trebuchet, and not ICS. But I'm not sure. It doesn't work for me either, and sometimes the wallpaper I selected would be off centered to the left for some reason...it was very strange. I used GO Launcher before, and I liked that previously. I might switch back to it.

rwgrant

Jan 31, 2012
Anyone getting this "Can't download songs right now. Check your internet connection" notification playing offline files in music 4.1? Not a big deal, just annoying. Plays tunes fine, just pops that message every song for some reason.

Edit again: ended up having the Max (10) authorised devices with all the rom switches, so gmusic wouldn't sync to this one. All better now.

Last edited:

redsox985

Aug 30, 2011
PA
Would changing the launcher enable me to utilize the whole screen and not have the top and bottom dead space?

metallicamaster3

Oct 12, 2010
I've gone back and forth between this ROM and the AOKP that hashcode has ported for us, and both of these are nearly perfect for daily driver use. I'm using it as a daily driver anyway, well, simply because I can't go back to any other Gingerbread ROM. I was on Liberty but honestly I didn't like it all that much. MavROM and the others didn't suit my cup of tea. I'm big on AOSP ROMs and I'd take the sacrifice of using this ROM for a few weeks until the issues are resolved...

I'm currently still going back and forth and the two biggest things that I've noticed is the Bluetooth issue (I have two headsets and both crackle/static very bad) and that I cannot use the mute button through Phone/Dialer. Strange! Hope they get fixed soon -- I drive a lot for my job, so bluetooth is a must-have for me! :)

zzandrewst

Oct 11, 2011
South Carolina
Two questions, first being when updating from Beta 1 to the latest nightlie do I need to wipe? Second question, when updating the nightlies from one to another, do I need to wipe every time, or would I only need to wipe on major fixes?

D3 - Hash's ICS CM 9 Alpha 7

rebith75

Feb 10, 2011
is there a toolbox to access from terminal emulator for d3 cm9? I remember in the droid2 days, you could access settings like transition speeds etc after going through terminal emulator.

Ozguitar67

Dec 14, 2011
Pennsylvania
Two questions, first being when updating from Beta 1 to the latest nightlie do I need to wipe? Second question, when updating the nightlies from one to another, do I need to wipe every time, or would I only need to wipe on major fixes?

D3 - Hash's ICS CM 9 Alpha 7

I asked this question and the answer I got was that, you may update the beta with the nightlies. But it is always better to do the wipe, although not needed.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1425026&page=119

Answer from niko99 near the bottom

I think you make update beta with this "nightles" without wipe
(but always is better to do that, but it's not needed )

Does anyone have a reliable source where I can find updated versions of GApps for the Droid 3?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made no mods. It was like this right off the bat, while I was setting up my google acct. I had trouble selecting the text input box until I actually held my finger there. Thought it was frozen or something at first. I can't stand it, I had to switch back to liberty. Frankly until the camera works I can't use ics as a daily driver anyways. I use it a fair bit

Sent from my XT862 using xda premium

Could try these build.prop tweaks. I have them all at except I haven't adjusted the max_events because I find the screen pretty responsive(tested to see if they caused crashing for you lol). Perhaps just the 1of keeping the launcher in memory will help with what you're noticing. I have to say it seems even quicker here now but it could be placebo. I've also removed libGLES_android.so etc been messing around with flashplayer trying to find a fix but no luck yet, poor framerate in videos, like maybe 1 fps and it drops the rest to give ~27fps slideshow.

Helps Scrolling Response
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150

Increases overall touch response
    debug.performance.tuning=1
    video.accelerate.hw=1

Forces your home screen launcher to remain in memory
    ro.home_app_adj=1

Render UI with GPU
    debug.sf.hw=1
    @dano
    The globalnwswitch thing is in the /system/app folder. Delete the apk from there

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk
    In build.prop

it goes

"# Default Network type.
    # 7 => Global Phone (4 => CDMA).
    ro.telephony.default_network = 2."

does this mean that the default network is already set to 2? Do i have to change the number '7' to '2' also?? Thanks for any help guys. :)

I tried to change the setting in build.prop but i don't think it saved anything. Im using AstroViewer to do it. I also deleted the GlobalNswitch.apk from the APP folder.

But when i reboot the phone it says 'process com.android.phone has stopped. Am I doing something wrong?? LOL

edit: and one more thing. phone won't let me uninstall/delete GlobalNSwitch.apk. it said delete was unsuccessful and uninstall was unsuccessful..

The # means that that line is commented out ie doesn't actually do anything. Its just there for your information. So yes default network is set to 2 already.

/system is a read only file system. I'm not familiar with astro manager, some file mangers allow you to remount read/write. Look around otherwaise use a terminal emulator to run this command
    busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
    Make sure you are root first by using the command su if you are it should say som ething like root@solana (or something similar, I can't remember exactly)

How does this do for a daily driver? I just got my Droid 3 replaced so I've got a fresh system to fall back on just in case.

If you don't use the camera much/at all, it's a great daily. I've been on CM9 exclusively, for about three months now, and haven't had any problems doing what I need to do. The camera is a sticking point for some, but, I don't mind at all. :)