Android v3.2 for the Galaxy Tab 10.1v confirmed by Vodafone

Search This thread

twigster

Nov 16, 2009
Johannesburg
I downloaded the raw image zip and tried to flash through install zip in stock recovery but it just gives me an error and aborts. I had gone into stock recovery with fastboot boot recovery.img
Must I flash stock recovery first? Because my tab isn't letting me flash any recovery through fastboot. It just stays showing the line "flashing MBR to device".

Also, is it not possible for the USB to be activated? Would it take much more than using pershoots 3.2 kernel?

Sent from my GT-P7100 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

krausem192

Apr 8, 2012
After a year I have just received the update. Finally, does the dual view feature with my UE46D8090!

A happy user from Germany!

greeting
Markus

krausem192

Apr 8, 2012
Hi Alexander. After I've watched every day for at least 10 times, was this morning around 11:00 clock the update message.
I am sure that your update come today, too!

greeting
Markus

Last edited:

twigster

Nov 16, 2009
Johannesburg
Oh well got the ota update through to my tab. Installed without a hitch, when it first rebooted I thought nothing had happened. Didn't lose any previous setup items, and it looks exactly the same as 3.0.1. Only way I believed the update had actually worked was because my root was gone and tablet info shows all the new details.

Dec 1, 2011
Help!

Hello!
Who ever has the Official Android 3.2, it is possible to tell me how it behaves?
It's better than the isimobile? (doubt it);) eheh
Have you found some mistakes?
Is it possible to put some printscreens?

By the way, how is the installation? I gotta get back to Android 3.0, right?
Thank you
Greetings

twigster

Nov 16, 2009
Johannesburg
Hello!
Who ever has the Official Android 3.2, it is possible to tell me how it behaves?
It's better than the isimobile? (doubt it);) eheh
Have you found some mistakes?
Is it possible to put some printscreens?

By the way, how is the installation? I gotta get back to Android 3.0, right?
Thank you
Greetings

Received it today. So far I think its not bad as an everyday, had a couple force closes on the xda app and one or two instances of the signal seeming to drop but picked up again fairly quickly. But haven't been able to test for long enough to make a proper assessment.
Can't really compare to isi 3.2 as I hadn't really tried that, but isi 3.2 was touchwiz, while this is stock and looks like original 3.0.1 that came with the tab. Mine didn't install with any Samsung apps. USB I havent tried as I don't have any accessories that connect that way, but apparently it doesn't work.
Only reason to stay on it really instead of ics is for the camera, but I'll probably move back to ics sooner rather than later with this as a backup for camera, ics is smoother in my opinion and with the dev work happening for ics the roms should definately be more functional in the long run. Just hoping that some serious luck comes our way for the camera functionality on ics.

For installation I flashed via Odin the stock rom originally posted by chainfire in the early days of the forum, then got the ota. Easy enough.

Last edited:

GaryWS

Mar 7, 2012
Received it today. So far I think its not bad as an everyday, had a couple force closes on the xda app and one or two instances of the signal seeming to drop but picked up again fairly quickly. But haven't been able to test for long enough to make a proper assessment.
Can't really compare to isi 3.2 as I hadn't really tried that, but isi 3.2 was touchwiz, while this is stock and looks like original 3.0.1 that came with the tab. Mine didn't install with any Samsung apps. USB I havent tried as I don't have any accessories that connect that way, but apparently it doesn't work.
Only reason to stay on it really instead of ics is for the camera, but I'll probably move back to ics sooner rather than later with this as a backup for camera, ics is smoother in my opinion and with the dev work happening for ics the roms should definately be more functional in the long run. Just hoping that some serious luck comes our way for the camera functionality on ics.

For installation I flashed via Odin the stock rom originally posted by chainfire in the early days of the forum, then got the ota. Easy enough.

I think you are confusing a few things
ISI 3.2 has USB drive support. The official version does not, ISI 3.2 DOES have fully functioning cameras

ISI ICS does NOT have camera support.

makbil

Sep 4, 2008
Bodrum
I think you are confusing a few things
ISI 3.2 has USB drive support. The official version does not, ISI 3.2 DOES have fully functioning cameras

ISI ICS does NOT have camera support.

I don't think he is confusing anything. The points you have stated are correct but he has said nothing about them, in fact he did say he never used isi's 3.2. In fact, I agree with his assessment. I stayed on the update for 2 days and got back to ICS with a backup of isi's 3.2 on my SD card in case I need a camera.
This update is totally not worth the effort since we already have a better functioning 3.2 for some time.

jatg

Aug 14, 2008
Porto
has anyone managed to root will be the official 3.2.1 rom? If so, how?
It is not possible to install a new kernel to enable this rom usb input?

twigster

Nov 16, 2009
Johannesburg
has anyone managed to root will be the official 3.2.1 rom? If so, how?
It is not possible to install a new kernel to enable this rom usb input?

Yes, rooted using the same process as original rom posted by bcmobile or by isi on his site, www.ismaakit.com . Go to the bottom of the first blog post showing and there is a link to the rooting instructions there.

Reactions: jatg

m3tallikris

Jan 30, 2010
Liège
I had my update yesterday morning but my Tab wasn't full so, I plug it, the update was in progress then reboot, beginning of the install and ... boom, triangle without message on the screen.
I have waited but nothing so I restart the Tab and here, I'm arrived into recovery mode =/ ... I didn't do anything or select, just selected reboot system and it was ok but now my tab don't want to update, the message for update system doesn't anymore.
I found the .zip into /cache, deleted it to force the update after reboot but still nothing ... =/

What can I do ? =(

EDIT : the update has again appear, but always the same, a triangle, I try a reboot and start again the tablet without having updated ...

capo10.1v

Sep 25, 2011
I had my update yesterday morning but my Tab wasn't full so, I plug it, the update was in progress then reboot, beginning of the install and ... boom, triangle without message on the screen.
I have waited but nothing so I restart the Tab and here, I'm arrived into recovery mode =/ ... I didn't do anything or select, just selected reboot system and it was ok but now my tab don't want to update, the message for update system doesn't anymore.
I found the .zip into /cache, deleted it to force the update after reboot but still nothing ... =/

What can I do ? =(

EDIT : the update has again appear, but always the same, a triangle, I try a reboot and start again the tablet without having updated ...

You can use Odin to reflash a stock rom, then do the ota update again, or return it for repair stating the ota update failed and the tab stopped working.

Odin and fixing yourself would be much faster in my opinion.

Dryfit.linux

Dec 21, 2011
For me i only could update when it was not rooted. With root i get triangle.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

Top Liked Posts