[Q] Does the new root method mean new unlocked bootloader methods?

Search This thread

toxict33n

Dec 24, 2010
Scranton
Does the new root method mean new unlocked bootloader methods? or is the bootloader itself the problem and not root?
Thank you for your patience and answering me.

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
Reactions: ezknives

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
Cool thanks. What can I do with root on 9.18.94 with a locked boot loader?

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You can install SafeStrap and install another stock ROM on slot 1. Then, you can use Xposed to add all kinds of customization and you can flash a mod that allows init.d to allow you install init.d tweaks. Doing all of this on your safe slot will keep you from messing up your stock slot. If you get everything set up in slot 1 and it runs well, there is a way to restore it on your stock side, but I won't go into that now.

Reactions: Delerios

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
Last edited:
Reactions: Delerios

toxict33n

Dec 24, 2010
Scranton
I followed your instructions for installing safestrap but my phone isn't allowing me to create a ROM slot. On any of the slots its just greyed out.

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
I followed your instructions for installing safestrap but my phone isn't allowing me to create a ROM slot. On any of the slots its just greyed out.

It is there! I remember facing the same blank moment. I have not used it in a long time...

poppers162

Nov 4, 2012

Maybe you don't have enough space on your internal memory. When you go to create a rom slot, check how much space is required and how much is available

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: toxict33n

Top Liked Posts