[Q] Any Custom Kernel for Oppo Find 7a Color OS and Custom Android 4.4.3?

Search This thread

hulicow

Aug 24, 2013
Is there any custom kernel for Oppo Find 7a for Android 4.3 and Android 4.4.2? I hope there will be an upstreamed version also (Linux 3.4.91). Thanks

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Is there any custom kernel for Oppo Find 7a for Android 4.3 and Android 4.4.2? I hope there will be an upstreamed version also (Linux 3.4.91). Thanks

I don't know about other projects, but I have no intention of pulling in kernel.org upstream on omni.

Why? All of the patches are for hardware that doesn't exist in our phone and rarely have any benefit and in some cases cause regressions. (For example, on the Galaxy S2, pulling in upstream kernel patches would hide some forms of Android OS usage from battery stats - so if your wifi chip went nuts with IRQ spam you wouldn't notice a thing.) In addition, patches that ARE relevant have a bad habit of causing conflicts with CodeAurora pulls. (I do periodically do CAF upstream merges from the kk_3.5 branch)

Reactions: kishd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I don't know about other projects, but I have no intention of pulling in kernel.org upstream on omni.

Why? All of the patches are for hardware that doesn't exist in our phone and rarely have any benefit and in some cases cause regressions. (For example, on the Galaxy S2, pulling in upstream kernel patches would hide some forms of Android OS usage from battery stats - so if your wifi chip went nuts with IRQ spam you wouldn't notice a thing.) In addition, patches that ARE relevant have a bad habit of causing conflicts with CodeAurora pulls. (I do periodically do CAF upstream merges from the kk_3.5 branch)