Help! Brick?

Search This thread

9wire

Jul 19, 2009
K, I'm trying to fix my friends verizon note 3, it's stuck in dl mode with the error "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please use software Repair assistant & try again". Phone will NOT connect to kies, I get an error saying "This phone is not supported". My version of kies does see my att n3 just fine though. I can connect to odin it looks like. Cannot boot into recovery, it just boots into dl mode with the error message. Unknown how the phone got in this state.

Harleydroid

Jul 18, 2013
The Fort
K, I'm trying to fix my friends verizon note 3, it's stuck in dl mode with the error "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please use software Repair assistant & try again". Phone will NOT connect to kies, I get an error saying "This phone is not supported". My version of kies does see my att n3 just fine though. I can connect to odin it looks like. Cannot boot into recovery, it just boots into dl mode with the error message. Unknown how the phone got in this state.

If your in download mode and can get odin to recognize the phone then get the mje tar and Odin back to stock.

Reactions: 9wire

9wire

Jul 19, 2009
No idea. Installed the pit file and can get into recovery and download now but wont boot. Phone hasn't booted since I got it. Here's what I have...
ba3azeza.jpg

Harleydroid

Jul 18, 2013
The Fort
No idea. Installed the pit file and can get into recovery and download now but wont boot. Phone hasn't booted since I got it. Here's what I have...
ba3azeza.jpg

Yeah I'd try the mje tar located here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2528707

[Firmware][Guide][Q&A] FIRMWARE MIRROR / OTA & ROOT GUIDE / TECHNICAL Q&A

If it works then you can root and do the build by Beans and flash the firmware to get on rooted 4.4.2

9wire

Jul 19, 2009
downloading mj7 from here, I'm just in the dark about what I have on the phone, it just needs to be stock non-rooted. Didn't know if flashing the .tar would break it if I have a different firmware. I don't know how to find out if the phone won"t boot.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2524572

9wire

Jul 19, 2009
Dev host not working for me. Tried to dl several things this afternoon and nothing is working. Had to odin my n2 back to stock so I can sell it.

9wire

Jul 19, 2009
DL'ing now. Appreciate your time, sir. We'll see what happens.

9wire

Jul 19, 2009
Cool let me know. It should work fine. The only reason it wouldn't is if it was on the unrooted 4.4.2 build.

Whut? Could it be? Ha ha, back from the dead. Only took about 6 hours total. Messed with kies for almost 3 hours before I gave up. Downloaded 2 versions of kies twice, drivers multiple times, 2 .tar files, tried 6 different usb cords...
Thanks for your help @Harleydroid, much appreciated.
4eqa4epe.jpg

e9u9unyt.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cool let me know. It should work fine. The only reason it wouldn't is if it was on the unrooted 4.4.2 build.

Whut? Could it be? Ha ha, back from the dead. Only took about 6 hours total. Messed with kies for almost 3 hours before I gave up. Downloaded 2 versions of kies twice, drivers multiple times, 2 .tar files, tried 6 different usb cords...
    Thanks for your help @Harleydroid, much appreciated.
    4eqa4epe.jpg

e9u9unyt.jpg

If your in download mode and can get odin to recognize the phone then get the mje tar and Odin back to stock.
    downloading mj7 from here, I'm just in the dark about what I have on the phone, it just needs to be stock non-rooted. Didn't know if flashing the .tar would break it if I have a different firmware. I don't know how to find out if the phone won"t boot.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2524572

No do the MJE tar
    DL'ing now. Appreciate your time, sir. We'll see what happens.

Ans a screenie of my slightly modded att n3 for your perusal and enjoyment.
    hyja6usa.jpg