[Q] sch-i535 on t-mobile

Search This thread
Nov 8, 2012
Ada, Mn
So here is what I am looking for... i have a Verizon SCH-i535, and what I am looking for is someone who has flashed the stock tmobile rom and changed the bands within the phone its self using the hidden menu (netmonitor app) to see if they can get more than just edge data... I have it flashed to AT&T right now and am using a friends T-mobile sim card that we cut down to fit into the SCH-i535 GS3... it seemed to sync with the towers and get mms.. text.. calls... and internet... just not 3g... I would like to know if someone has found a fix to this issue...

Thanks for your time.

bobloblaw1

May 25, 2010
Why not just flash the Verizon Jellybean Rom (Cleanrom or Jellywiz) since global mode was enabled in that Rom? Then drop your tmo sim in.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: angelicsoldier

PVLMTREE

Mar 9, 2012
San Antonio
Useful thread so far, but I have a several questions.
I currently have a Verizon Galaxy S3 SGH-i535 with a T-Mobile prepaid sim card (unlimited everything), I can call and text, but cannot get any network access.
I'm currently running Clean Rom 5, settings on Global. Is there any way I can enable data, preferred 3G? [due to that T-Mobile will get 4G on Verizon phones next month).

On CM10, I get Edge and can receive text, but cannot send text. Tried APN settings, etc. Is there a fix for this?

I have tried everything, but no luck. Any suggestions is appreciative :)

Nov 8, 2012
Ada, Mn
I currently have a Verizon Galaxy S3 SGH-i535 with a T-Mobile prepaid sim card (unlimited everything), I can call and text, but cannot get any network access.
I'm currently running Clean Rom 5, settings on Global. Is there any way I can enable data, preferred 3G? [due to that T-Mobile will get 4G on Verizon phones next month).

On CM10, I get Edge and can receive text, but cannot send text. Tried APN settings, etc. Is there a fix for this?

So what I did is i unlocked the bootloader... rooted it... and then flashed the AT&T stock rom on it and then plugged in the TMO sim card and then changed the bands to GSM auto. and it picked up edge... I was able to get access to the network with data... but the only catch was that it was slow as hell... as it was only edge. I am still working on programming to get the i535 on the tmobile bands... thus far I have not been able to get the phone on 4g or even 3g yet... I will keep you updated though.

Nov 8, 2012
Ada, Mn

have you tried using the hidden menu in the dial pad at all??

There is an app out there that will get access to the menu and allow you to change everything in the phone... but be very careful with this app as it can and will brick your phone if you do not know what you are doing with the app..

Netmonitor --> look for this on the google play store

To change the bands to at least get data on the phone, follow the instructions below:

1. install Netmonitor on the S3
2. open the app
3. hit the menu button
4. select field test
5.select UMTS
6. Select DEBUG SCREEN
7. Select PHONE CONTROL
8. Select NETWORK CONTROL
9. select BAND SELECTION
10. Select either AUTOMATIC or GSM Band Preference
* if you choose automatic the phone will look at the sim card and go from there to get the phone on the network to get data on the phone.
11. Select GSM ALL

This is the thread that I am following at the moment to get the phone on HSPA+ or 3G.. If you have anymore questions then please let me know I will do my best to help you out.

PVLMTREE

Mar 9, 2012
San Antonio
have you tried using the hidden menu in the dial pad at all??

There is an app out there that will get access to the menu and allow you to change everything in the phone... but be very careful with this app as it can and will brick your phone if you do not know what you are doing with the app..

Netmonitor --> look for this on the google play store

To change the bands to at least get data on the phone, follow the instructions below:

1. install Netmonitor on the S3
2. open the app
3. hit the menu button
4. select field test
5.select UMTS
6. Select DEBUG SCREEN
7. Select PHONE CONTROL
8. Select NETWORK CONTROL
9. select BAND SELECTION
10. Select either AUTOMATIC or GSM Band Preference
* if you choose automatic the phone will look at the sim card and go from there to get the phone on the network to get data on the phone.
11. Select GSM ALL

This is the thread that I am following at the moment to get the phone on HSPA+ or 3G.. If you have anymore questions then please let me know I will do my best to help you out.

I have not tried that yet, but just right now, I got successful on connecting with Data by changing my APN (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34632097#post34632097), but fairly still slow G speed. Hoping for HSPA+ or 3G too.

PVLMTREE

Mar 9, 2012
San Antonio
Hmm, one more thing:
Is there anyway to make this work on CM10 or AOKP? Due to that global setting/APN setting is not available on these ROMs. =/

Nov 8, 2012
Ada, Mn
Hmm, one more thing:
Is there anyway to make this work on CM10 or AOKP? Due to that global setting/APN setting is not available on these ROMs. =/

I have not messed with custom roms just yet I am working with stock roms and rooting and unlocking bootloaders right now... I will see if I can find them time to load a CM10 on my s3 that I am using for development and get back to you with the results here as soon as I have them... I am not for sure if I am going to be able to get to it this week as I have alot going on but I will try and get to it.

Reactions: PVLMTREE
Nov 8, 2012
Ada, Mn
hey guys sorry that it has taken awhile for me to get back to you.. so I flashed the TMO rom on the I5 and got the same results just edge. I think that I am going to try using bobloblaw1 suggestion and flash the verizon leaked jellybean rom and then use global mode to be able to see if I am going to be able to get more than edge...

Here is a guide if you do not know how to flash roms on your S3 here

Last edited:

greys0cks

Dec 13, 2013
greetings, all.

i have the same problem that you are describing. running CM 11 Nightly (but problem also existed on VZW stock & CM 10.2). i have read all the forum's about this topic, but as of yet there seems to be no SURE fix to get anything faster than Edge data from T-mobile.

check out this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1895684

fdavila17

Feb 28, 2011
that would be great! If I can help in any other way let me know.. or if they have questions please give them a link to this thread. and I will be more than happy to talk to them.

Any link to that ROM?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

hey guys sorry that it has taken awhile for me to get back to you.. so I flashed the TMO rom on the I5 and got the same results just edge. I think that I am going to try using bobloblaw1 suggestion and flash the verizon leaked jellybean rom and then use global mode to be able to see if I am going to be able to get more than edge...

Here is a guide if you do not know how to flash roms on your S3 here

Any link to that ROM/

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why not just flash the Verizon Jellybean Rom (Cleanrom or Jellywiz) since global mode was enabled in that Rom? Then drop your tmo sim in.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Hmm, one more thing:

I have not messed with custom roms just yet I am working with stock roms and rooting and unlocking bootloaders right now... I will see if I can find them time to load a CM10 on my s3 that I am using for development and get back to you with the results here as soon as I have them... I am not for sure if I am going to be able to get to it this week as I have alot going on but I will try and get to it.