[Off Topic] Samsung Galaxy W Off-Topic thread! [Official & The Only One]

Search This thread

7amada100

May 11, 2012
Ontario, Toronto
As i mentioned before, I'm trying to add this to CM9 (my current rom)

I almost finished.........I am a beginner so don't expect much :D

First try:
I didn't manage to make the statusbar invisible with it's icons.....I am sure any themer would be able to do that
Screenshot_2013-02-08-19-59-44.jpg

So i made the statusbar smaller

Second try:
I didn't even try hiding the status bar..........This was only a file to see how small can i make the status bar while still being able to use it ;)
Screenshot_2013-02-08-21-50-28.jpg
Screenshot_2013-02-08-21-50-37.jpg

--EDIT--

I am currently adding to the Reloaded ICS theme, When It works i will make it for the pure CM9

Flashable zip in attachments, this will make your statusbar as small as my second try without messing up the icons and it will still be visible :D

Attachments

• flashable.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

stpdkid

Dec 13, 2011

First try:
I didn't manage to make the statusbar invisible with it's icons.....I am sure any themer would be able to do that
View attachment 1714363

Second try:
I didn't even try hiding the status bar..........This was only a file to see how small can i make the status bar while still being able to use it ;)
View attachment 1714364
View attachment 1714365

--EDIT--

I am currently adding to the Reloaded ICS theme, When It works i will make it for the pure CM9

Flashable zip in attachments, this will make your statusbar as small as my second try without messing up the icons and it will still be visible :D

:good::good:
there's always "try and error" bro..
the OP in that thread said : "i had to flash almost 50zips to make everything work."

reidzeibel

Jan 4, 2012
Yogyakarta - Indonesia

First try:

Second try:

--EDIT--

I think it would be better if all Android-related discussions are posted somewhere else, because posting android discussions here would be an off-topic post on an off-topic thread *confused? me too*

some rants :
please, use english, you can use native language on your own forum. Not that I'm not proud of my own language nor bragging about my english, it's just kinda annoying that some member's posts are made of mix-up languages :eek:

afif_7070

Jul 12, 2012
this will be my last week checking this forum daily as a routine.will be working starting next week :(..thanks for every guide n help that u guys posted.this forum really help me getting along with my wonder.

pepoluan

Jul 31, 2012
Jakarta
this will be my last week checking this forum daily as a routine.will be working starting next week :(..thanks for every guide n help that u guys posted.this forum really help me getting along with my wonder.

Good luck in your career, bro :)

You'll find out that you'll miss this forum ;)

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: afif_7070

afif_7070

Jul 12, 2012
Good luck in your career, bro :)

You'll find out that you'll miss this forum ;)

thanks pep.hoping i can spare some time checking this forum cause my wonder still in custom GB.patiently waiting for the final release of ICS.hope im not being left too outdated with my wonder..lol..my compliment to all the dev,themer,contributor n all members that make this forum live.really cant contribute much in this forum since im not good with all the tech thingy though i hv lots of interest in it..4 days left.argghh.mentally unprepare to work as medical intern..

Kreaz

May 5, 2012
Jakarta
I think it would be better if all Android-related discussions are posted somewhere else, because posting android discussions here would be an off-topic post on an off-topic thread *confused? me too*

some rants :
please, use english, you can use native language on your own forum. Not that I'm not proud of my own language nor bragging about my english, it's just kinda annoying that some member's posts are made of mix-up languages :eek:

IMO, this off-topic (must be) out of anything about Ancora, not the Android system itself.

Also, +1.

Then good luck, my friend. Hope when you come back CM9 finally gets final.

--Ancora/CM9RC5--

Reactions: afif_7070

7amada100

May 11, 2012
Ontario, Toronto
Guys i will leave for a while :(
Reason:
My eyes started to hurt and i couldn't see properly, so i went to check if i needed glasses. The doctor told me i have to rest my eyes, i will have to leave my PC, TV etc, and i will use my phone rarely(i told him i needed my phone)
It should only take a week, if i followed the rules. Wish me luck :D

afif_7070

Jul 12, 2012
Guys i will leave for a while :(
Reason:
My eyes started to hurt and i couldn't see properly, so i went to check if i needed glasses. The doctor told me i have to rest my eyes, i will have to leave my PC, TV etc, and i will use my phone rarely(i told him i needed my phone)
It should only take a week, if i followed the rules. Wish me luck :D

woaah..how come it become really bad like that?did u watch tv too close?or using PC too long?

synmal

May 26, 2012
Sarawak
Well, now I'm feel empty. My phone is now in a repair shop for the time being. And note to self: Do not let a hyperactive kid play with your phone. :cool:

hotheabilly

May 24, 2012
padang
Wow ivendor made usb OTG possible in S+ with usb powered cable :confused: i think that impossible but yea he did it :eek:

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

iDelta

Jul 28, 2012
Singapore
Is there any QnA thread? I need to ask a question.. .

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy W (GT-I8150) with CM9 RC 5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You know how our device is in the "Low-Activity Forum"? Well, recently I have been researching the Motorola Atrix mainly because I am moving to that device (sorry guys) and I have realized that that device has SO MUCH LESS activity than pur device. Like, it doesn't have as many mods as adi or as many tweaks as Rizal. Or any of the other stuff other guys do for us. Not as many ICS+ ROMs (mainly cuz of the fact that 3D Hardware Acceleration is only available on GB for their device.) Scroll down the mods and apps section for a bit and you already see 20th April. So I still don't understand why we are here, in the "low-activity" section.

Sent from my 4.1 running Galaxy W.
    My theory - typical American thing. The Galaxy W isn't sold there, so it automatically gets put in legacy, while for example the Exhibit II which has less activity, but is sold there, is not in legacy.
    Ok guys its time to leave this things for me

Reason is problems on special life(sorry i cant say more)

@arco68 it was a pleasure to help you to make your rom better and better with pull request :) Father of W... Good luck with your future works arne..
    @TO ADC team you guys are awesome you made miracles on samsung msm7x30 devices (like ION integrating without breaking functionality of camera) have a fun on your next phones
    @LeroViten old friend.... Recognized tester ...:) you helped me alot in the past on developement thank you for all brother
    @tycoo im sure you will port kk3.5 kernel to W (for lollipop) it shouldnt be so hard bro :) just merge device spesific kernel changes to top of kk3.5 and then fix merge conflicts( i hate of this :) ) good work bro
    @Madridii Good luck bro i will be happy to see lollipop on this device ;)
    @TO all community users of W... Firstly im sorry cause i couldnt continue to develop OmniROM due to limited free time i hope i made good things for you guys... İ will miss this community so much

Thats all... Take care of yourself guys ;)
    The longer we are coming back here, the longer I'm staying on that device. Really stunning performance with few annoyances that don't actually bother. This great community keeps my breath taken when smth new happens regardless of being good (new updates to device) or bad (life on all the planet with atrocities and wonders). You are the P.E.O.P.L.E. The #WonderNation.
    Thanks for cheering up. I love all of you! ✌?

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk
    When I got my W, I hadn't even heard of CyanogenMod or XDA. The W was my first smartphone and it was months before I learnt of the possibilities. It's fair to say that I embarked on a VERY steep learning curve.
    None of that would have been possible without the hard work and dedication of Arco68.
    If you look at my signature, you'll see that I've 'moved on' from the W and unfortunately I don't even own it any more (my eldest son has 'claimed' it lol).
    However, the friendliness of this 'low activity' community has made me decide to want to 'stick around'
    This little phone may be undervalued by Samsung, but it's proved itself to be perfectly capable of doing the things that everybody said it couldn't.....I guess Arco saw this and decided to help it prove the doubters wrong.....
    He's made this phone and it's owners proud......
    Unfortunately, like all of us, he can't use his W forever, and feels that it's time to move on.....
    Yes, it's sad to see him go....but in my opinion, we shouldn't be sad that he's going, we should be thankful that he was here developing for this phone at all.....
    The S4 mini forum is lucky to be getting his expertise.....

Sent from my Chameleon powered S2 via XDA Developers App
    My deepest condolences go to Malaysian and Dutch families that lost their families.
    This is a 21st century call - to eliminate terrorism.
    In feel so bad that this happened on my country's territory while we struggling against terrorists.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2014/07/17/w...a-airlines-crash/index.html?c=intl-homepage-t