[Q] TWRP recovery for SM-G900L

Search This thread

Milad5711

May 1, 2014
Amsterdam
Hello there,

My new Samsung Galaxy S5 [SM-G900L] just came in.
It wanted to install custom recovery from TWRP so I could make a backup of my Stock Rom and afterwards could install custom Roms, but there doesn't seem to be any support for the G900L.

I'm quite new here, but is it possible someone can help me with this? So that TWRP will aslo provide support to the G900L.
I'm willing to sent al the necessary files. But you'll have to gide me trough it.

Thanks in advance.

2Chance2

Jul 5, 2014
SM 900L Support

Another one for 900L support. Got the phone rooted no problem but failed to install CWM or TWRP yesterday so no custom recoveries available :(. Got a boot loop for my efforts. Hope there is enough love out there for someone to tweak some of the packages for these phones.

Cheers.

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
Successfully installed TWRP and CyanogeMmod recoveries on my SM-G900L

Sorry for the very long delay. I only got this mobile last month. I am able to install TWRP recovery by using TWRP manager after rooting (Although his device is not supported officially, the recovery image for the international version (SM-G900F) works really fine. I also successfully flash CyanogenMod (both View attachment Snapshot_recovery.tar and View attachment Nigthy_recovery.tar) recovery images using odin.

Reactions: sachin7825

sachin7825

Oct 7, 2014
Sorry for the very long delay. I only got this mobile last month. I am able to install TWRP recovery by using TWRP manager after rooting (Although his device is not supported officially, the recovery image for the international version (SM-G900F) works really fine. I also successfully flash CyanogenMod (both View attachment 3536028 and View attachment 3536027) recovery images using odin.
I have tried many times to use TWRP recovery on G900Lmodel but with no success.
I always end up with "COULD NOT DO NORMAL BOOT".
Also I need one help, I was trying to use this Custom ROM "Insanity S7 edge port", I again get the same message " COULD NOT DO NORMAL BOOT".
Someone told me it's the kernel problem and i have to flash stock kernel after flashing ROM zip. But the thing is I don't have the stock kernel.
Please help.

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
Also I need one help, I was trying to use this Custom ROM "Insanity S7 edge port", I again get the same message " COULD NOT DO NORMAL BOOT".
Someone told me it's the kernel problem and i have to flash stock kernel after flashing ROM zip. But the thing is I don't have the stock kernel.
Please help.

TWRP for kltelget (SM-G900L) is available here. You can also use the TWRP for klte (SM-G900F). The details are available in my xda thread (latest version is not tested). You can boot most Phoenix kernel (I hope Insanity too) based ROMs by either flashing the stock ROM boot.img or a custom boot.img sited in my another xda thread located here (check second post).

sachin7825

Oct 7, 2014
TWRP for kltelget (SM-G900L) is available here. You can also use the TWRP for klte (SM-G900F). The details are available in my xda thread (latest version is not tested). You can boot most Phoenix kernel (I hope Insanity too) based ROMs by either flashing the stock ROM boot.img or a custom boot.img sited in my another xda thread located here (check second post).

Thank you sunil
I tried the recoveries that you are suggesting, both of them, klte and klteskt from the twrp site.
It seems to work on every other device but mine.
Can't figure what I am doing wrong.

sunilpaulmathew

Recognized Developer
Thank you sunil
I tried the recoveries that you are suggesting, both of them, klte and klteskt from the twrp site.

Not sure abt the latest versions. can you try the one (klte) linked in my xda thread. and hope ur device is rooted properly...

Reactions: sachin7825

sachin7825

Oct 7, 2014
Not sure abt the latest versions. can you try the one (klte) linked in my xda thread. and hope ur device is rooted properly...
yes i will try them, I hope they work on latest MM.
And yes the device is rooted properly with latest CFautoroot for G900L, I even checked it with Root Checker basic.
Anyways, I don't have any special liking for TWRP, I wanted it to flash stock boot.img to make the Insanity ROM work.
I am ok with CWM recovery, but I was told it could not flash .img file and I am not equipped to make my own flashable zip form boot.img.
But now I am planning to use your modded boot.img for Phoneix based MM custom ROMs. I hope that will work.
Btw thank you so much...I checked both of your threads...They are awesome....you seem to be lone warrior for these Korean variants. Not much support elsewhere.
Really appreciate your efforts!!!!
Keep up the good work.

sachin7825

Oct 7, 2014
TWRP worked!!!
Finally..
Thank you so much!!!
Also I tried your kernel with Insanity ROM and it works perfect.!!!
Thank you once again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please help.

Successfully installed TWRP and CyanogeMmod recoveries on my SM-G900L

Sorry for the very long delay. I only got this mobile last month. I am able to install TWRP recovery by using TWRP manager after rooting (Although his device is not supported officially, the recovery image for the international version (SM-G900F) works really fine. I also successfully flash CyanogenMod (both View attachment Snapshot_recovery.tar and View attachment Nigthy_recovery.tar) recovery images using odin.
    Thank you sunil