[Q] Can anyone clarify what's the diff between the ORIGINAL DEV n the non-original?

Search This thread

postfatal

Jul 6, 2011
Never delete your original question and replace it with [solved]. What one earth is the use if someone with the same questions finds this question later and just sees [solved].

Nojevah

Feb 15, 2012
What I've noticed is that there's a lot of thread in "original dev"; but not that much "real" developers. A lot of Rom are just stock with little changes. Except some kernel, I've only seen one original ROM: CyanogenMod. I guess there's also MIUI, but all others could go to "not original dev". Recently I've seen a lot of CM9 variants. Difficult to find real developers in this forum, and others who just use patches from others...

Just my opinion...

ctomgee

Dec 21, 2010
What I've noticed is that there's a lot of thread in "original dev"; but not that much "real" developers. A lot of Rom are just stock with little changes. Except some kernel, I've only seen one original ROM: CyanogenMod. I guess there's also MIUI, but all others could go to "not original dev". Recently I've seen a lot of CM9 variants. Difficult to find real developers in this forum, and others who just use patches from others...

Just my opinion...

I agree... but there is kernel development in there too.

Also, MIUI, as far as I know, is derivative from CyanogenMod. So there is some argument about how original it is, really.