6828 on WM6.1 cannot connect to activesync

Search This thread

zerosynergie

Aug 24, 2008
please help, just yesterday i was able to connect to activesync but now i cant it just stays connecting then it cannot connect but windows detects it as windows CE device here's what ive tried so far:

1. tried the activetoubleshooter :still cannot connect

2. tried a dozen usb cables and connected it through the main usb port: still cannot connect

3. reinstalled activesync (from microsoft site), rebooted pc and my rw6828: still cannot connect

4. disabled windows firewall, rebooted : still cannot connect

5. unchecked the Programs>settings>connections>usb to pc> enable advanced network functionality: still cannot connect ( i noticed that if i unchecked the advanced network functionality and i would got to activesync>menu>connections> "WHEN CRADLED" there's no usb option and if i check the advanced network etc etc it shows the usb option

man this is so annoying, i cannot install anything...hope you guys know what to do, ive been fixing this for the last 7.5 hours non stop with no solution...

zerosynergie

Aug 24, 2008
did a hard reset and it connected...sigh..wonder what caused it? anyway time to install all the apps again...

angel888

Aug 26, 2008
Goto phone Setting -> Connections -> USB to PC, check whether USB connection is ticked or not...

zerosynergie

Aug 24, 2008
did that already guys but like what i said:

unchecked the Programs>settings>connections>usb to pc> enable advanced network functionality: still cannot connect ( i noticed that if i unchecked the advanced network functionality and i would got to activesync>menu>connections> "WHEN CRADLED" there's no usb option and if i check the advanced network etc etc it shows the usb option

i finally found the culprit its the pocket mechanic app, i ran all the tests there and deleted some stuff, maybe something with the usb connection got deleted also so beware!

helloworld1

Sep 21, 2007
San Jose
please help, just yesterday i was able to connect to activesync but now i cant it just stays connecting then it cannot connect but windows detects it as windows CE device here's what ive tried so far:

1. tried the activetoubleshooter :still cannot connect

2. tried a dozen usb cables and connected it through the main usb port: still cannot connect

3. reinstalled activesync (from microsoft site), rebooted pc and my rw6828: still cannot connect

4. disabled windows firewall, rebooted : still cannot connect

5. unchecked the Programs>settings>connections>usb to pc> enable advanced network functionality: still cannot connect ( i noticed that if i unchecked the advanced network functionality and i would got to activesync>menu>connections> "WHEN CRADLED" there's no usb option and if i check the advanced network etc etc it shows the usb option

man this is so annoying, i cannot install anything...hope you guys know what to do, ive been fixing this for the last 7.5 hours non stop with no solution...

Whose ROM are you using? It is known that some older nhocbanme's 6.1 ROMs have this problem.