►ACID Audio Engine V7 (2/27/13)

Search This thread

schnip

Dec 6, 2010
this "audio engine" seems like a half-hearted approach.

in the changelog many things are duplicates and everything is expressed in a "fancy" way and not really "scientifically".

I dunno i have learned that sound is a very subjective thing. There is no such thing as "better" and "worse" except we're talking really cheap headphones or speakers.

I havent tried this mod but i have tried the "beats mod for root" and to be honest it was just more bass and the sound was rather "dampened". (yea.. i could have doen that with an equalizer too!) So im not really confident about flashing this "make everything better and crisper, fancy bit of sound epiphany"...

Last edited:
Reactions: beekay201

404 ERROR

Jan 8, 2012
I'm trying the noozy mod. I dunno if it's a good idea to use an equalizer (noozy's) on an equalizer (poweramp's), but it does sound cleaner. Problem is, it sounds so clean that the music starts to crackle. Doesn't really bother me actually, but it might to a lot of other people.

The bass boost is quite nice though. It plays well for the EDM genre, but less so with acoustic and the more vocal genres.

Reactions: Bataga

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
I'm trying the noozy mod. I dunno if it's a good idea to use an equalizer (noozy's) on an equalizer (poweramp's), but it does sound cleaner. Problem is, it sounds so clean that the music starts to crackle. Doesn't really bother me actually, but it might to a lot of other people.

The bass boost is quite nice though. It plays well for the EDM genre, but less so with acoustic and the more vocal genres.

In poweramp, go to Settings / audio / advanced / direct volume control and disable it. You're sound will decrease but that's when its using the noozyoxoide eq and it'll get louder when you adjust the gain and power amp eq. My eq is set at surround sound with the bass on 'wow'

Poweramp eq is almost flat with a little bump here and there and the music i listen to sounds great.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
Can you explain me step by step how to install only beats with aroma installer package?

Assuming you've uninstalled DSP, you would just push the skip option in the beginning below the universal option, then select the beats option next. That should do it , but i would install the universal option first to optimize the beats add on. You also get the bravia engine this way so you're pics will look better.

There's a link in the op to the developer's page and he ha the beats add on as a separate download i think.

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
Version 7 test release out, seeing if it works now....

Edit: no sound but I'll keep checking the releases as they come out

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Reactions: griffinj

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
Re: ►ACID Audio Engine V5.0◄

For the aroma installer, see you guys using the universal settings or the Samsung settings? I tried the universal and if works fine, just curious on the Samsung.

I haven't tried Samsung but probably won't be any different

vovuska

Feb 28, 2007

This mod works too if you don't like the aroma install and was set up for 10.1
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36495457

Installed in this order
Wiped cache / dalvic
Installed zip
Fixed permissions
Reboot
No issues and works must fine with latest aokp ROM

Installed this, cant say if the sound is different now, sounds louder, can I control the Equaliser or some effects? As I only found AcidSoundMOD which I figured is only for headphones and DolbyMobile which I switched to Speaker mode.
Basically I am looking for max output from speakers in terms of loudness andbassiness if possible. Is there anything else I need to install? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CHANGE-LOG version 7 (build_2802)

● Rebuild once-again after my old beats audio version 5:p
    ● Optimize for every devices:cool:
    ● Should work on all AOSP roms
    ● Stable :cool:
    ● New library files
    ● Latest Beats Audio files
    ● Removed ALSA;)
    ● SRS with Surround sound
    ● WOWHD BASS enabled
    ● SRS_WOWHD values tweaked (clean reverberation)
    ● SRS CHSP EQ and Compression tweaked
    ● New Clearaudio Engine JB from sources
    ● Clearphase is now effective
    ● New Downmix lib with tweek 4 crispier sound
    ● New snd pcm cards for better audio rendering
    ● New resampling libs and tweaks (48khz)
    ● Deep and Clear
    ● Cristal Voice ( JB clearaudio +)
    ● Louder volume
    ● Awesome Sound, Powerfull and Deep Bass, Clear Audio, Cristal Voice, Clean Sound without distortion
    ● Awesome beats
    ● NEW ACID AUDIO FILE TO CHECK WHETHER THE IMPORTANT TWEEKS ARE LOADED CORRECTLY
    ● Removed unwanted files
    ● Optimized configuration files
    ● More Equalizer Presets
    ● etc etc.........

I am not a part of the team and have nothing to do with the development, just wanted to share. Please consider donating to them so this can keep getting better!

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1.Take nandroid backup
    2.Flash the downloaded file in CWM
    3.Wipe dalvik cache
    4.fix permission in recovery
    5.reboot your phone / tablet

Link to original post:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1923630

I installed the AOSP2 version and no issues
    How do you guys like this over the AwesomeBeats mods? I'm testing this out on my S3 right now, and will be testing this on the N10. AwesomeBeats didn't seem to do anything on the N10 for me.

This is going to start a big flame war like all mention of beats does :p

The Beats stuff does in fact do quite a lot, but it must meet certain requirements before you will notice anything. It must have all of its library files fully integrated into both the rom AND kernel AND have the proper driver support for the DAC chipset. Simply adding beats files to a ROM on some device wont give you the higher quality DAC performance. For reference, a stock EVO 3D has a frequency response of something like 150Hz - 14kHz, which is pretty terrible. With 100% beats integration from reverse engineered kernel files you would now have a frequency response of 3Hz - 40kHz and the difference truly was night and day. These were completely measurable results in audio analysis programs, so the results cannot be disputed. The problem is that there is only like a 1% chance of the beats audio files being reverse engineered and ported to this device, and we are not allowed to speak of the one who was able to do this (and other things) on those other devices because of the big controversy surrounding him and the CM team.
    Here's a copy of V5 for those having trouble with V7.

Just wanted to inform, that this works fine on 4.22

This mod works too if you don't like the aroma install and was set up for 10.1
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36495457

Installed in this order
    Wiped cache / dalvic
    Installed zip
    Fixed permissions
    Reboot
    No issues and works must fine with latest aokp ROM