[Q] MIUI + SGH-317m

Search This thread

DemonDelight

Feb 24, 2013
I have owned, rooted, and installed ROMs on a few Android phones over the years, but still feel sort of new to the scene. I'm looking to install MIUI on my Samsung Galaxy Note II (SGH-317m) but have a few questions before I start, as I can't seem to find enough information to verify my assumptions on the matter.

-I have already rooted my device with CWM v6.0.1.4 installed
-I have already backed up my ROM to internal storage
-I have searched and found two versions of the MIUI ROM, one here in the forums at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2071480 and one at the official Chinese MIUI site http://www.miui.com/development.html

My first question is: I live in Canada and have just purchased the Telus locked SGH-317m. From my gatherings over the years I have found the AT&T and Telus phones to have the same model number. Is this also the case with the Note II? I am having difficulty finding any information when I use "Telus" and "SGH-317m" as keywords in my searches.

My second question is: The download hosted at the aforementioned official MIUI site doesn't seem to show any information as to what model it is meant to be installed on. Does this mean it will work on the Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T models, or should I just go for the unofficial version from these forums?

Reactions: rayandreas

cdshepherd

May 16, 2011
As far as gsm varients Our Roms are able to flash on each others devices. What is the model number you see on the miui page?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: TheNetwork

DemonDelight

Feb 24, 2013
It just shows the downloaf link next to the phone icon, as well as additional links to upgrade from previous versions. I can't seem to find any information on it.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

cdshepherd

May 16, 2011
I would steer clear until you knew for sure. Our device name is t0lte just so ya know

DemonDelight

Feb 24, 2013
So I took a better look at the MIUI ROM and opened up CSCVersion.txt, which has one line that simply reads "N7100OZSALJ7" which I assume means it is made for the 3G international GT-N7100 model. I'm not sure if this matters, but both models seem to operate under GSM and UMTS, and I'm sure I would be able to access 4G, but I don't think I'll chance it.

I also found out that the Canadian model (Bell Rogers SaskTel and Telus) seems to have the exact same specs and model number as its American AT&T counterpart, with the exception of the added "M" to the end of the American SGH-I317 model number.In my experience dealing with computer drivers this usually tends not to be an issue, and the drivers work universally.

Maybe I'm looking into this too deeply.. Still if anyone from Canada has any more information, please let me know!

Last edited:

mrevankyle

Jan 5, 2011
Victoria, BC
All the Canadian variants use Rogers/Tmobile ect share the forum and development (roms, kernels ect) with the AT&T version
-Your friendly neighborhood canuck
Just downloading the rom from the miui site ill see if i can poke around a bit

Update: Defiantly for the international version its code is t03g.

Last edited:
Reactions: DemonDelight

DemonDelight

Feb 24, 2013
All the Canadian variants use Rogers/Tmobile ect share the forum and development (roms, kernels ect) with the AT&T version

Thanks for the input. I'll definitely be checking out the one I found here in the AT&T forum soon enough. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have owned, rooted, and installed ROMs on a few Android phones over the years, but still feel sort of new to the scene. I'm looking to install MIUI on my Samsung Galaxy Note II (SGH-317m) but have a few questions before I start, as I can't seem to find enough information to verify my assumptions on the matter.

-I have already rooted my device with CWM v6.0.1.4 installed
    -I have already backed up my ROM to internal storage
    -I have searched and found two versions of the MIUI ROM, one here in the forums at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2071480 and one at the official Chinese MIUI site http://www.miui.com/development.html

My first question is: I live in Canada and have just purchased the Telus locked SGH-317m. From my gatherings over the years I have found the AT&T and Telus phones to have the same model number. Is this also the case with the Note II? I am having difficulty finding any information when I use "Telus" and "SGH-317m" as keywords in my searches.

My second question is: The download hosted at the aforementioned official MIUI site doesn't seem to show any information as to what model it is meant to be installed on. Does this mean it will work on the Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T models, or should I just go for the unofficial version from these forums?
    As far as gsm varients Our Roms are able to flash on each others devices. What is the model number you see on the miui page?

I love you Shepherd