Problem with MicroUSB Battery Boost

Search This thread

ROGUE7474

Feb 1, 2009
I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I'm having with a OEM Authentic T-Mobile Universal microUSB Battery Boost I just purchased. I bought 2 of these battery boosters from Nomorerack.com for $13.00. I figured what the hell, they should at least give me a 50% boost when I need it. The problem is after I fully charge the booster and connect it, the phone has a vibrating pulse. You can count: 1, 2, pulse, 1, 2, pulse, 1, 2, pulse, etc. When I go to "settings" and check "battery" under the General tab, it changes from "charging" to "not charging" in the same rythym pulse.

The specs are:

Slim and portable design
Compatible with most micro-USB devices
Input: 5v/500 mA
Output: 5v/1A
Capacity: 1700 mAh
mIrlHKTf.jpeg

I'm hoping its a setting or an app that's causes this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
You wouldn't have volt meter to somehow measure the actual voltage this thing is outputting, would you? Fully charged note 3 battery is at about 4.2 v, if that thing doesn't have sufficiently higher voltage, it won't charge. Once I bought this cheap USB car adapter, it wasn't outputting enough power, so the phone would start charging, the load would drop the input voltage to lower level, the phone would stop charging, the input voltage would go up and it would start charging, until the voltage would drop again and etc. etc.
Try charging when the battery on your Note is low , like 5-10%, it may work then.

ROGUE7474

Feb 1, 2009
No I don't have a volt meter. I'm going to check if there's an app that can measure charging voltage on the phone. Funny thing is that my niece has a Galaxy S2 and this charger works fine on her phone. She has a 2600mah portable charger and I hooked it up to my Note 3 and it worked fine. So I'm puzzled as to why the 1700mah won't work, unless like you say its just not powerful enough. Do you happen to know of any voltage apps that work with the Note 3?