[Q] Samsung Galaxy S2 won't boot anymore

Search This thread

Ballie1

Mar 7, 2012
Hi,

Yesterday, all of a sudden my S2 crashed for no reason and I haven't been able to boot it ever since. First, I put out the battery, put it back in and everything seemed to be ok, but when the screen with the Samsung logo came on nothing happened. I tried this a few times, still the same. So I started to search on the internet for soluitons and found out about the 'recovery mode'. I got it into recovery mode and chose 'reboot', and after that my phone totally stopped working...

Now it won't even turn on or anything, when the phone is on the charger there's no sign that it's charging. I've tried another battery but it stays the same. I've got the phone for 2.5 years and never had any problems with it and never rooted or flashed it.

I've searched this forum a bit and I saw some quite simular problems, but because at first I got into download mode I thouigt my case is a bit different. So, is there anything else I can do to help fix this?

Last edited:

Ballie1

Mar 7, 2012
Thanks so far, but can someone tell me how it's possible that these devices just stop working? Never had any problems with it at all.
You guys think an USB jig etc. won't work? I've recently saved all photos/videos.. But I didn't save agenda items/contacts and such, because there was no reason to believe that the phone would crash in near future.

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Seriously ? Electronics of all kinds (phones, PC's, whatever) die without warning for all kinds of warnings. Not like electronic components can give you some pop up warning saying 'Oh yeah, BTW, I'm about to bite the dust, you better back your **** up'.

A jig is unlikely to work, but eh, maybe you'll be the 1 in 10,000 cases like this where it will work. So you definitely try one if you can get one.

Saying 'But I didn't save agenda items/contacts and such, because there was no reason to believe that the phone would crash in near future' is beyond ridiculous. If you've got stuff that's really important to you & the loss of that stuff is going to cause you angst, you're a fool if you're not backing it up regularly. Even on a completely stock phone this is a cinch to do (Kies).

akhil17kr

Oct 8, 2011
gurgaon
Seriously ? Electronics of all kinds (phones, PC's, whatever) die without warning for all kinds of warnings. Not like electronic components can give you some pop up warning saying 'Oh yeah, BTW, I'm about to bite the dust, you better back your **** up'.

A jig is unlikely to work, but eh, maybe you'll be the 1 in 10,000 cases like this where it will work. So you definitely try one if you can get one.

Saying 'But I didn't save agenda items/contacts and such, because there was no reason to believe that the phone would crash in near future' is beyond ridiculous. If you've got stuff that's really important to you & the loss of that stuff is going to cause you angst, you're a fool if you're not backing it up regularly. Even on a completely stock phone this is a cinch to do (Kies).

bro calm down :p
and tell will that capacitor thing will work ??
I mean take a look at that link.. people who have dead s2's without even water damage have able to boot up the phone by removing that capacitor...
what do you think ?

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
No idea, never tried it (and wouldn't). I'd bite the bullet & pay someone to fix my phone properly or buy another one, and I'd also have all my stuff backed up so I can restore it when I get my phone fixed/to my new phone.

Edit - I'm perfectly calm. I refuse to show any empathy/sympathy to stupid people who don't back important data up & then cry when that data is lost.

Reactions: theunderling

Ballie1

Mar 7, 2012

I backed up most of my stuff so calm down please :cool: Last backup was like half a year ago so I'm only missing some phone numbers and my agenda. The point is that I would like to know if there's any possibility to save the phone like it was when it crashed? So with messages/settings/apps etc.

and tell will that capacitor thing will work ??
I mean take a look at that link.. people who have dead s2's without even water damage have able to boot up the phone by removing that capacitor...
what do you think ?

And what exactly is this?

You can try this if nothing works at all in the end if you are going to replace your Motherboard

forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f258/samsung-galaxy-s2-i9100-short-circuit-solution-1537757

Be aware to do this thing..

I've read this page but I don't completely get it.. Do I have to get new components or something? I think that page is mostly about water damage... or am I wrong?

Last edited:

akhil17kr

Oct 8, 2011
gurgaon
I backed up most of my stuff so calm down please :cool: Last backup was like half a year ago so I'm only missing some phone numbers and my agenda. The point is that I would like to know if there's any possibility to save the phone like it was when it crashed? So with messages/settings/apps etc.

And what exactly is this?

I've read this page but I don't completely get it.. Do I have to get new components or something? I think that page is mostly about water damage... or am I wrong?

yes ... about those people who have water damaged their s2's
but some people whose s2's are dead not aby water damaged also saved by this thing..

It says to remove that Capacitor.. and try to turn on phone again...

Its not a guarantee that it'll work... just an last experiment done on Motherboard that may save it...BEFORE REPLACEMENT

Ballie1

Mar 7, 2012
yes ... about those people who have water damaged their s2's
but some people whose s2's are dead not aby water damaged also saved by this thing..

It says to remove that Capacitor.. and try to turn on phone again...

Its not a guarantee that it'll work... just an last experiment done on Motherboard that may save it...BEFORE REPLACEMENT

So just remove this thing and no replacement? Sorry if I'm a bit confused, but everyone is saying something else :cool:

Ballie1

Mar 7, 2012
I'd rather try everything not to have to replace the motherboard. Cause like I said earlier: If there's any possibility to save the phone like it was when it crashed, so with messages/settings/apps etc. it's better offcourse... Or is it when I remove/replace this capacitor all will be lost also?

I'm going to visit the local store this afternoon to see what they have to say about it... But there's no warranty on this phone anymore so I guess fixing will be (too) expensive.

akhil17kr

Oct 8, 2011
gurgaon
I'd rather try everything not to have to replace the motherboard. Cause like I said earlier: If there's any possibility to save the phone like it was when it crashed, so with messages/settings/apps etc. it's better offcourse... Or is it when I remove/replace this capacitor all will be lost also?

I'm going to visit the local store this afternoon to see what they have to say about it... But there's no warranty on this phone anymore so I guess fixing will be (too) expensive.

what did local repair shop owners said then ??

Ballie1

Mar 7, 2012
what did local repair shop owners said then ??

First went to local mobile phone store, only thing they did was putting the phone on a charger and say: Can't be fixed. Then I went to the repair store and they said that only looking at it what the problem could be would cost €30,-, and they couldn't guarantee that the problem would be solved then so...?

akhil17kr

Oct 8, 2011
gurgaon
First went to local mobile phone store, only thing they did was putting the phone on a charger and say: Can't be fixed. Then I went to the repair store and they said that only looking at it what the problem could be would cost €30,-, and they couldn't guarantee that the problem would be solved then so...?
Try another shop.... It costs nothing just to check and see..

Ballie1

Mar 7, 2012
This friday I will visit a repair store in another town.. See what they have to say about it.
Just for the record: If the USB Jig method works, do I lose my data after all?

Ballie1

Mar 7, 2012
I got a USB-Jig and tried to get the phone into download mode, but it didn't work. Are there any other solutions left?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Service centre or local mobile repair shop.
    No idea, never tried it (and wouldn't). I'd bite the bullet & pay someone to fix my phone properly or buy another one, and I'd also have all my stuff backed up so I can restore it when I get my phone fixed/to my new phone.

Edit - I'm perfectly calm. I refuse to show any empathy/sympathy to stupid people who don't back important data up & then cry when that data is lost.