[Q] [HELP] No gps on kitkat roms

Search This thread

engle2192

Jun 1, 2009
Ive been searching and i cant seem to find anything that helps :/ Any kitkat rom that i have tried so far i cant get my GPS to work. Everything else works with no issues just no gps. I have tried using the stock kernels that have came with the rom and also Devil2 kernel. I've done clean install's of the roms as well. I would truly appreciate it if anyone has any ideas on how to get it fixed. Thanks in advance.

Envynet

Oct 19, 2009
Columbus
I had the exact same problem even after going back to tw roms, I ended up doing a full unroot with Odin and doing the root process all over again. Now my GPS is working again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: SoundBeacon

Steve.99

Feb 26, 2012
Montreal
Ive been searching and i cant seem to find anything that helps :/ Any kitkat rom that i have tried so far i cant get my GPS to work. Everything else works with no issues just no gps. I have tried using the stock kernels that have came with the rom and also Devil2 kernel. I've done clean install's of the roms as well. I would truly appreciate it if anyone has any ideas on how to get it fixed. Thanks in advance.

I had this problem a few times with different roms, gps would never lock. GPS Status from Play store always fixed it.

engle2192

Jun 1, 2009
ahhh i didnt want to have to odin =[ and i tried GPS status but that hasnt helped at all. I guess odin it is =[

Furioustylez

Jun 27, 2011

Here's what I used on my kit kat ROM that worked for me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cochibo.gpsstatus

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

cpttrippa

Mar 6, 2012
Had the same issue. Nothing worked except Odin back to stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

michaelatrix

Jul 11, 2011
Yea Odin fixed me too but I went back to 4.1.2 then back to 4.3 don't know if you have to go to 4.1.2 or not but I did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: r_fung

engle2192

Jun 1, 2009
Well i finally used mobile odin and flashed back to 4.1.2 and that did the trick. Im now back to using a 4.4 kit kat rom and GPS and everything works with no issues. Thanks for the help guys!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had the exact same problem even after going back to tw roms, I ended up doing a full unroot with Odin and doing the root process all over again. Now my GPS is working again.

Yea Odin fixed me too but I went back to 4.1.2 then back to 4.3 don't know if you have to go to 4.1.2 or not but I did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
    Was having the issue with GPS as well.. tried to go back to twrp backup of 4.3 (stock ota) with no success.

Followed these steps to get to 4.1.1 via odin and it's working again.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2618447